Dan Snyder Drama thread

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/23/roger-goodell-keeps-defending-the-indefensible-refusal-to-use-redaction-of-names-in-the-washington-report/

As I have said many times, Roger Goodell is not innocent by any means. He is a co-conspirator and an enabler of the abusers. There will be no justice without his cooperation and he has defended Snyder at every impasse. Claiming that Snyder stepped away from day-to-day operations is just preposterous. He literally missed the hearing for "pre-planned Commanders Related Business". 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Anyone else keep refreshing espn?

I wish I was that optimistic. Unless the owner's finally get tired of the BS, it appears Dan Snyder will remain the owner. 

As I understand it, they are the only ones that can actually "force" him to sell. We all know he won't do it willingly. 

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/23/roger-goodell-keeps-defending-the-indefensible-refusal-to-use-redaction-of-names-in-the-washington-report/

As I have said many times, Roger Goodell is not innocent by any means. He is a co-conspirator and an enabler of the abusers. There will be no justice without his cooperation and he has defended Snyder at every impasse. Claiming that Snyder stepped away from day-to-day operations is just preposterous. He literally missed the hearing for "pre-planned Commanders Related Business". 

When someone took this hearing to ask Goodell why Dave Portnoy is banned from games, that should tell you all that you need to know about how “seriously” Congress is taking this.  

Nothing will happen to either Goodell or Snyder. 

13 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

When someone took this hearing to ask Goodell why Dave Portnoy is banned from games, that should tell you all that you need to know about how “seriously” Congress is taking this.  

This is hilarious tbh - and didn't Goodell respond with "I am not sure what that pertains to." @e16bball is that perjury?

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

No one really cares, it is all about attention and appeasing the public.  Congress is doing this for attention and drama in an election campaign.  The ring leader, Maloney, is just trying to distract us from her own scandals.  If Congress really cared about the disrepute of Snyder they would have conducted this process in an appropriate manner, rather, it is like a sideshow soap opera with wild accusations and a lack of decorum.  Frankly, congress should be embarrassed, but this is the important stuff our tax dollars are for, right?

The nfl doesn't care either.  The evidence is clear.  They just approved one of the biggest all time deals for a predator with dozens of cases against him.

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Unfortunately it seemed a good portion of Congress participants wanted to make more political statements rather than discuss the subject matter. 

Like I said, until the other owners do anything, I'm not holding my breath. 

2 hours ago, Troublez said:

This is hilarious tbh - and didn't Goodell respond with "I am not sure what that pertains to." @e16bball is that perjury?

Awfully hard to find perjury when someone says that they don’t recall or aren’t familiar, etc. It has to be a statement that’s provably false, and it’s pretty hard to establish what a person does or doesn’t recall or what they are or aren’t familiar with. 

“I’m not familiar with…” or “I’m not aware of…” is a moderately riskier way to respond in that vein, because in theory there could be some evidence that would show you referencing the concept  in question recently — in this case, perhaps an email where Goodell referenced not lifting the Portnoy ban or something. That would make it awfully farfetched that you weren’t “familiar” or “aware,” which basically speaks to whether you ever had any knowledge of it. 

That’s why “I don’t recall” or “I have no recollection of that” is such a favorite of politicians and lawyers alike: because it’s genuinely impossible for anyone to say with certainty what you “recall” at any given moment. Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Doesn’t mean you didn’t even know about it at one time. Just means that, as you sit there in that chair on that date and time — you can’t recall a blessed thing about it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

13 hours ago, e16bball said:

Awfully hard to find perjury when someone says that they don’t recall or aren’t familiar, etc. It has to be a statement that’s provably false, and it’s pretty hard to establish what a person does or doesn’t recall or what they are or aren’t familiar with. 

“I’m not familiar with…” or “I’m not aware of…” is a moderately riskier way to respond in that vein, because in theory there could be some evidence that would show you referencing the concept  in question recently — in this case, perhaps an email where Goodell referenced not lifting the Portnoy ban or something. That would make it awfully farfetched that you weren’t “familiar” or “aware,” which basically speaks to whether you ever had any knowledge of it. 

That’s why “I don’t recall” or “I have no recollection of that” is such a favorite of politicians and lawyers alike: because it’s genuinely impossible for anyone to say with certainty what you “recall” at any given moment. Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Doesn’t mean you didn’t even know about it at one time. Just means that, as you sit there in that chair on that date and time — you can’t recall a blessed thing about it.

Yeah, it’s a go to for most people in trials or in congressional hearings to be vague and to use words such as the ones you provided here. That way they don’t perjure themselves.