Dan Snyder Drama thread

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

However, it can be referred to the Justice Dept. by Congress. What they choose to do with that once they get such a referral is up to them and the relevant statutes.

Additionally, the biggest thing here from my recollection of things is that if supboenaed he would be under oath. And perjury can definitely be referred to DoJ for prosecution.

Just my $0.02

It's what I needed cause I was a little lost. 

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

It's what I needed cause I was a little lost. 

I would assume his lawyers are strongly advising him and working towards avoiding subpoena especially given the clearly bias demonstrated.  He would be taking a huge risk if he accepts a subpoena under these hostile conditions.

Outside of the bias, it is pretty inappropriate that congress appears to be playing the dress up and acting like they are the judicial branch. This likely makes any lawyer nervous.  If he was under oath in a court of law, the court has to at least follow the rules of legal procedure which ensures a degree of objectivity, congress can avoid that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I would assume his lawyers are strongly advising him and working towards avoiding subpoena especially given the clearly bias demonstrated.  He would be taking a huge risk if he accepts a subpoena under these hostile conditions.

Outside of the bias, it is pretty inappropriate that congress appears to be playing the dress up and acting like they are the judicial branch. This likely makes any lawyer nervous.  If he was under oath in a court of law, the court has to at least follow the rules of legal procedure which ensures a degree of objectivity, congress can avoid that.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see what risk he has if he's not a creep that is sexually harassing women?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm sorry, but I fail to see what risk he has if he's not a creep that is sexually harassing women?  

The court of public opinion is powerful and additionally in congressional hearings, congress generally has zero limits other than time.  The case will only be examined from one point of view as opposed to the court system where the defense has rights and ability to put up a defense.  

I don't know if snyder personally sexually harassed anyone, but we certainly all know that at the very least, he presided over an organization that was run inappropriately, there was no proper HR dept and procedures, there was certainly some level of sexual harassment organizationally, and Snyder is a petty jerk.  That is enough for a one sided hostile questioning to put snyder in a very bad position.  

If you were snyder's lawyer would you not avoid a subpoena in this situation at all cost?  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

However, it can be referred to the Justice Dept. by Congress. What they choose to do with that once they get such a referral is up to them and the relevant statutes.

Additionally, the biggest thing here from my recollection of things is that if supboenaed he would be under oath. And perjury can definitely be referred to DoJ for prosecution.

Just my $0.02

Yes, yesterday on Grant & Danny they had a legal expert on, he may have even been a former staffer or something that knew all about it. He pointed out two things that I didn’t know:

1. If a subpoena is served in the USA then the person must show up & if they don’t, the Dept of Justice will send US Marshall’s to go get the person and make them testify.

2. If the person isn’t in the USA the Dept of Justice/US Marshall’s have zero power to enforce that subpoena. Currently, Snyder is vacationing in France or Italy. So, he can’t be served the subpoena. It was Grant & Danny’s guest legal expert’s thought that Snyder would just wait out Congress.

That means Snyder may not come back to the USA all season, or not until January if Congress change hands bc one side of the aisle doesn’t care at all about prosecuting Snyder for crimes he may have committed as owner of the Redskins/WFT. If the control of Congress changes next Congress presumably the agenda to go after Snyder by the current Congress will be dropped.

• 2 weeks later...

Snyder is likely in the clear now.  And considering the Watson outcome do you really think anyone really cares?  It is all talk.  How on earth are the owners going to get rid of an owner on he-said-she-said when they allow Watson to be the face of a franchise.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Snyder is likely in the clear now.  And considering the Watson outcome do you really think anyone really cares?  It is all talk.  How on earth are the owners going to get rid of an owner on he-said-she-said when they allow Watson to be the face of a franchise.  

Sad but true.

21 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

27 pages of hope for nothing!! Nothing has changed with the name who woulda thought 🤣🤣🤣

Well I mean I was telling people this all along. I didn’t see any way he was going to get ousted. Others keep thinking even though that comes up “well this is the thing that’ll get Dan!” I just will never believe it until I see it. I think I’m going to die & Dan will still be our owner.