Dan Snyder Drama thread

37 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Bezos is going to buy this team. Many people said you'd know if Bezos believed this team would be for sale by his actions when the Broncos went up for sale. He badly wants to be in the NFL and didn't bid on the Broncos. My guess is he knows Washington will be for sale soon.

Ya but Bezos is a huge ****** too.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Just realized the Lerners are exploring a Nats sale too so that makes more sense for Bezos, but crazy how all three teams and others could soon become available. Bezos being involved in either baseball team also renders MASN a non issue. 

The MASN issue is the cause for why the sale of the Nats has not been finalized already.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:
40 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Bezos is going to buy this team. Many people said you'd know if Bezos believed this team would be for sale by his actions when the Broncos went up for sale. He badly wants to be in the NFL and didn't bid on the Broncos. My guess is he knows Washington will be for sale soon.

Yes, but he's the devil we don't know. At this point, I'm willing to spin the roulette wheel to have it be any other rich ******* other than the Snyders.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He certainly is but he doesn't need the money the way Dan does. Dan took out loans and all kinds of other stuff and he's basically ran himself out of funds. He's borrowed to the gills. I think Bezos would take this seriously. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

For sure 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Oh yeah I know, but with Amazon backing it, I would think Bezos is the one guy for which MASN would be a non-issue.  He would just up and buy them out.  

Fair point.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Wwe Raw GIF

You know ... I might even be okay with that ******* over Snyder.

I would have to think on it for a bit though.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 1:15 PM, Woz said:

Yes, but he's the devil we don't know. At this point, I'm willing to spin the roulette wheel to have it be any other rich ******* other than the Snyders.

Woz, is that Jack Kent Cooke rule still active in today's NFL?

I seem to remember he had to divest himself of the Clippers because he had an ownership stake in the Rams at one time and the NFL had (trying to recall the specifics correctly) a rule where you could not own another sports franchise in the same market.

IOW, coulda Bezos buy the Nats and this team now?

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

I seem to remember he had to divest himself of the Clippers because he had an ownership stake in the Rams at one time and the NFL had (trying to recall the specifics correctly) a rule where you could not own another sports franchise in the same market.

Stan Kronke.....

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Here you go Thai:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-meetings-20181016-story.html

NFL owners voted Tuesday (this was back in 2018) to lift the longstanding cross-ownership prohibition, meaning they are now free to own a different professional sports team in cities that have an NFL team. That change, approved at the league’s annual fall meeting, could have a significant impact on the sports landscape.

The rule, in place for decades, prohibits owners of NFL teams from owning professional baseball, basketball, or hockey teams in other NFL markets. A big reason it was put in place was so that fellow NFL owners, partners in the league, were not pitted against each other and competing for the same sports dollar.

• Like 1