Dan Snyder Drama thread

18 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If he’s trying to get his lawyers out in front of this then it’s bad. Like really bad. 

I’ve seen a lot of people online saying this but I’m not holding my breath.  I just saw this letter from Snyder being oh I’m sick of hiding so here’s my announcement that I’m back crap. 

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’ve seen a lot of people online saying this but I’m not holding my breath.  I just saw this letter from Snyder being oh I’m sick of hiding so here’s my announcement that I’m back crap. 

I am concerned for that as well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Could be but it seems desperate. Blaming all of it on Bruce makes me think they have something big about to release. I could be wrong though. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mar29020 said:

also, maybe thats why dan was in dallas, to talk jerry into backing him.

I definitely think so. If he has Jerry’s backing then Dan will likely never lose the team for as long as Jerruh is alive. So, what we have to wish for is for Jerruh to die soon & then the other owners will vote out Snyder & make him sell the team! 😂 

12 hours ago, offbyone said:

You don't go to jail for being a jerk.  I just don't see this working out how we want it to.  And while snyder is dumb as rocks, I doubt his lawyers are.

The one thing that would make the other owners make him sell is that they were withholding revenue. Everyone said that when that came out earlier this year that it would have more of an effect on other owners to oust Dan than having bad workplace culture & sexual harassment claims running rampant through the organization.

I find this stuff that’s happening currently to be very annoying. The grandstanding “letters” that are, of course, far more akin to press releases than actual attempts to communicate with the recipient. 

It’s the worst side of lawyering, in my view, and it just grates the nerves.

I will say, it is kind of outrageous that Snyder and the team are attacking the Committee for not interviewing a lot of witnesses and not having reviewed as much evidence as the Wilkinson investigation. Snyder and the team (and the NFL) are the ones blocking all their attempts to get more information! That takes some stones. You have access to plenty more relevant evidence, but you’re casting blame on them for a half-assed investigation because when they ask you for it, you refuse to turn it over to them. Talk about having your cake and trying to gobble it too.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I find this stuff that’s happening currently to be very annoying. The grandstanding “letters” that are, of course, far more akin to press releases than actual attempts to communicate with the recipient. 

It’s the worst side of lawyering, in my view, and it just grates the nerves.

I will say, it is kind of outrageous that Snyder and the team are attacking the Committee for not interviewing a lot of witnesses and not having reviewed as much evidence as the Wilkinson investigation. Snyder and the team (and the NFL) are the ones blocking all their attempts to get more information! That takes some stones. You have access to plenty more relevant evidence, but you’re casting blame on them for a half-assed investigation because when they ask you for it, you refuse to turn it over to them. Talk about having your cake and trying to gobble it too.

Happy Season 5 GIF by The Office

Also Dan trying to blame Bruce for everyone reeks of what a former someone who held a high office is doing & has done for 40 years. People should never work for either. They’re scum & they have their employees do unethical, arguably illegal things and then the employee of said person goes to prison instead of the person who ordered his employee to do the unethical/illegal things.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Hard decisions have to be made in life. This will be my last year of fandom for this franchise until Dan Snyder is no longer the owner. This franchise is going no where as long as he owns it. Each year is a intense struggle with my childhood/early adult fanhood and the reality of what the team is now and what it is going forward. Even if they fail as hard or suck as bad, this team isn't the Redskins anymore, its something way way worse.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Hard decisions have to be made in life. This will be my last year of fandom for this franchise until Dan Snyder is no longer the owner. This franchise is going no where as long as he owns it. Each year is a intense struggle with my childhood/early adult fanhood and the reality of what the team is now and what it is going forward. Even if they fail as hard or suck as bad, this team isn't the Redskins anymore, its something way way worse.

I feel you.  With the Redskins running in my blood, it is hard to walk away.  At least with the Orioles before John Angelos took over, I knew Peter Angelos was about the players.  Hell, he risked his team and was the only owner to side with the players in the 1994 lockout.  With Dan, I don’t have any of that kind of feel-good thing, nor does he have the “love” for DC that the Angelos family has for Baltimore.