Dan Snyder Drama thread

42 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Hard decisions have to be made in life. This will be my last year of fandom for this franchise until Dan Snyder is no longer the owner. This franchise is going no where as long as he owns it. Each year is a intense struggle with my childhood/early adult fanhood and the reality of what the team is now and what it is going forward. Even if they fail as hard or suck as bad, this team isn't the Redskins anymore, its something way way worse.

I feel you, but I just choose to ignore Snyder and root for the players. That’s how I cope with it but everyone has their own thing, I understand it.

Haven't been to a game since the end of the 2012 season when we beat the Cowboys to get into the playoffs. Haven't bought one Redskin item since Gibbs 2.0. Usually watch the game the first half, see that we are losing and turn the game off and do something productive with my family. I can't even say I am a fan anymore. The NFL needs to really look how many Washington fans have stop going to the Washington games. The stadium is usually populated by the opposing team fans. This is a joke and has been a joke since Snyder took over. Thirty years in the Abyss and at least 20 more years. Already almost a third of a century sine we were in the NFC Conference Championship game. It was January 1992. It's now October 2022. Forty years! Thanks Snyder for being the joke of the NFL.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Big huge nothing-burger in my opinion- https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34747704/lawyers-commanders-staff-blast-ex-chair-stunning-hypocrisy

Ya’ll need to stop getting so worked up over these things.  Barring something caught on tape like with Donald Sterling, nothing will happen with Snyder.  

Yup. Heard him talking to JP Finlay this a.m.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

I find this stuff that’s happening currently to be very annoying. The grandstanding “letters” that are, of course, far more akin to press releases than actual attempts to communicate with the recipient. 

It’s the worst side of lawyering, in my view, and it just grates the nerves.

I will say, it is kind of outrageous that Snyder and the team are attacking the Committee for not interviewing a lot of witnesses and not having reviewed as much evidence as the Wilkinson investigation. Snyder and the team (and the NFL) are the ones blocking all their attempts to get more information! That takes some stones. You have access to plenty more relevant evidence, but you’re casting blame on them for a half-assed investigation because when they ask you for it, you refuse to turn it over to them. Talk about having your cake and trying to gobble it too.

Not only that, but if you listen to the segment with Finlay, he references that investigation and the recommendations that came of it. What he forgot to say (and JP didn't push on it) was that the "Report" was not supposed to be written down. And Wilkinson had reportedly said that if she had been directed to give a written report, she would have recommended Snyder sell.

Now, do I believe that ^^^ assertion? I'd LOVE to believe it. But I just don't.

The reason I don't believe it is that the data is kept somewhere. Either on her company's server's drives or in some sort of storage. It HAS/HAD to exist somewhere in/on physical storage. 

Why? Because even though the report was to be verbal, she conducted a lengthy investigation involving many witnesses.

@e16bball, I'm sure you've taken depositions. Imagine taking 100 of them and not writing a single thing down or taking notes and storing them on your computer to reference later in order to get a big(ger) picture. 

So my thoughts are:

a) that excuse (if true) is invalid. She gave other recommendations in a "Verbal" report ($10m fine, etc...), she certainly could have given the recommendation that he is forced to sell

b) the "report" still exists somewhere. I'm sure of it. There's ZIPPY chance that even though the final report was "verbal" that the work product that was produced by Wilkinson, was not turned over to the NFL and then stored in a warehouse somewhere (maybe close to the Holy Grail from Indiana Jones). Because the NFL is a multi-billion dollar industry and there's zero chance they just let that type of evidence dissipate into the ether.

Short of him making racist statements, or cheating the other owners, I'm just not convinced he is going anywhere. The only other way is if Congress can start making things difficult for them (i.e. - anti-trust exemption). Without that, the NFL not only has a tax issue, but even simple things like holding the NFL draft cannot happen because the guy going #1 can sue for tortious restraint of trade (IIRC my situation when I threatened a Big 3 firm when they tried to prevent me from leaving and going to a new employer). So if Congress turns up the heat where that's concerned, it might start burning some owner's butts.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rbcavalier said:

Haven't been to a game since the end of the 2012 season when we beat the Cowboys to get into the playoffs. Haven't bought one Redskin item since Gibbs 2.0. Usually watch the game the first half, see that we are losing and turn the game off and do something productive with my family. I can't even say I am a fan anymore. The NFL needs to really look how many Washington fans have stop going to the Washington games. The stadium is usually populated by the opposing team fans. This is a joke and has been a joke since Snyder took over. Thirty years in the Abyss and at least 20 more years. Already almost a third of a century sine we were in the NFC Conference Championship game. It was January 1992. It's now October 2022. Forty years! Thanks Snyder for being the joke of the NFL.

Sadly, attendance doesn’t mean much in the digital age and how much money they are generating from other revenue sources.  

The NFL+ Bundle with Red Zone is $999.99, and people are paying for it.  

• Like 2

Sources: Commanders boss Snyder claims 'dirt' on NFL owners, Goodell

"The NFL is a mafia," he recently told an associate. "All the owners hate each other."

"That's not true," one veteran owner says. "All the owners hate Dan."

Several owners say that they see the threats about damaging dossiers as a desperate tactic intended to scare owners from voting to remove Snyder. "He's backed into a corner," says a veteran owner who says he's aware Snyder has gathered dirt on some owners. "He's behaving like a mad dog cornered."

Indeed, it galls some owners and league and team executives that the NFL has been in lockstep with Washington on many fronts, "propping up" the franchise, in the words of one owner, by burying attorney Beth Wilkinson's report about the team's toxic workplace last year, and by helping the Commanders avoid penalties for repeated violations of the Rooney Rule. It's clear, one owner says, that Goodell "doesn't want to touch this."

"This is what happens when you get into business with bad people," the owner says about Snyder. "They know he'll burn their houses down."

In August 2020, Jason Wright -- a former player and executive at McKinsey & Co. -- was announced as team president, a historic hire that, sources say, came on the recommendation of the league office just weeks before the NFL took over the Wilkinson inquiry. "They placed him," an executive with knowledge of the hire says. Executives and owners who spoke to ESPN were happy for Wright, who they say is well-liked and well-qualified for the job. But they were livid that the league had tacitly aided a team that should have been punished for suspected violations of the Rooney Rule. In the team statement to ESPN, Wright is quoted as saying that he knew the Snyders from previous consulting work and "was hired as a result."

Edited by JoshstraDaymus

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I told you guys he had dirt on everyone, he isn’t going anywhere without taking others down with him. They will let him run his fiefdom 

Its an awful thing to say but the only hope we have now is that he dies. I'd feel much worse about saying that if he wasn't a terrible human-being. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Its an awful thing to say but the only hope we have now is that he dies. I'd feel much worse about saying that if he wasn't a terrible human-being. 

If I can be honest, I struggle with this thought. It's not even the fact that he ruined this team, but it's just everything else that goes along with it. Wasn't a he a fan also? Like, how can you look yourself in the mirror and think "Yeah, I'm doing a good job."

I really do think he's blowing alot of smoke personally, but owners may not want to take that chance.