Dan Snyder Drama thread

Just another story with anonymous sources with no actual facts or documents backing them up.  If everyone hates the guy, if he is so evil, then why do we have no real sources and no real documentation backing these stories up? 

The media certainly doesn't disappoint with the constant follow the news cycle playbook.  Washington has game, so you release a story with wild accusations and no meat on the bone on morning of game day.  I am not sure this helps because it just feels like the media crying wolf and creating click bait.

Do we have anything besides he-said-she-said?  Do we have any video, audio, hard documents?  If not stop wasting my time and making game day about this.

53 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Just another story with anonymous sources with no actual facts or documents backing them up.  If everyone hates the guy, if he is so evil, then why do we have no real sources and no real documentation backing these stories up

The media certainly doesn't disappoint with the constant follow the news cycle playbook.  Washington has game, so you release a story with wild accusations and no meat on the bone on morning of game day.  I am not sure this helps because it just feels like the media crying wolf and creating click bait.

Do we have anything besides he-said-she-said?  Do we have any video, audio, hard documents?  If not stop wasting my time and making game day about this.

Because everyone either has an NDA or is terrified of Snyder ruining their existence. He is a legitimately horrible person. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Welp, sounds like we're stuck with him. I guess as a fan you have to make a choice. Find a new team or stick this out until he dies and then his probably equally awful children take over the team. 

My friend, this is the news that breaks your optimism about Snyder getting gone?

I think this is great news. 

One thing I think I know about NFL owners is that most of them are egomaniacs. Powerful men, and proud of it, at the very least. This news makes them look like prisoners of Dan Snyder. Like they want him gone but can’t get it done because he has them by the short and curlies. Like they’re his puppets. It’s one thing when he’s trying to flex behind the scenes, but now it’s been made very public that this obnoxious little twerp is trying to muscle them. I assume that won’t sit well.

Moreover, it creates a scenario where they now have to factor in how it looks if they don’t vote to remove him. 

There’s a bit on Family Guy where Peter says “I’m so clever. That’s why they chose me to convince Congress to go to war.” And then, roughly paraphrasing because the original is insensitive, it cuts to a scene inside the Capitol where lawmakers are stating that there’s no just cause for invading Iraq. At which point, Peter gets up and says “That may be. But what we’re forgetting here is that anyone who doesn’t want to go to war is [bad].” All the congressmen immediately get up and start declaring how much they want to go to war and arguing about who the first one who wanted war was, etc. 

To me, at this point, it’s a little bit like that. If you vote (or even advocate) to keep Snyder now, aren’t you basically putting a bullseye on your back for all the journalists and newshounds and potential litigants to start taking aim at? It’s obvious he’s a nightmare to the league, whether in terms of on-field performance or financials or public relations. And the whole world also knows he’s also just a narcissistic little *******, so it’s not like you’re doing it out of fondness or real friendship. If you’re not getting in line to get rid of him, at this point, you may as well start wearing around a sign that says “Dan Snyder has major dirt on me.”

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Because everyone either has an NDA or is terrified of Snyder ruining their existence. He is a legitimately horrible person. 

Oh he is so scary, I am so terrified :)

Yes he is a horrible person, but again that isn't illegal.  Sorry I am not playing the big bad wolf narrative.  I have signed or had counterparties sign hundreds NDAs for work.  They are so common in any business setting and for good reason if any confidential information is exchanged.  They are even more common in any legal setting, especially if you want some money out of someone or some entity.  

You think Congress is going to suddenly throw away all legal precedent and make historical NDAs null and void?  If they did so they would be setting themselves to get their own NDAs made null and void.  Imagine how fun that would be if all the people who were in legal disputes with congress people could speak out.  

I am so sick of this culture of anonymous sources and thin headlines with no meat.  If Snyder is Terrifying, then aren't the other owners terrifying as well.  Get someone on record.  Write a real story.  The news media is just wasting all our time on this crap.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Yes he is a horrible person, but again that isn't illegal.  Sorry I am not playing the big bad wolf narrative.  I have signed or had counterparties sign hundreds NDAs for work.  They are so common in any business setting and for good reason if any confidential information is exchanged.  They are even more common in any legal setting, especially if you want some money out of someone or some entity.  

You think Congress is going to suddenly throw away all legal precedent and make historical NDAs null and void?  If they did so they would be setting themselves to get their own NDAs made null and void.  Imagine how fun that would be if all the people who were in legal disputes with congress people could speak out.  

I am so sick of this culture of anonymous sources and thin headlines with no meat.  If Snyder is Terrifying, then aren't the other owners terrifying as well.  Get someone on record.  Write a real story.  The news media is just wasting all our time on this crap.

So the question becomes, do you believe that Snyder has not done anything illegal or do you believe that he has the funds/lawyers/infrastructure to prevent him from getting in trouble for the illegal things he does?

Either way, the owner, is the main reason fans should be finding another team/sport to spend their time and money. The product on the field sucks, but supporting that scumbag is way worse than anything the team could do on the field. 

• Like 1

One thing that’s a shame is that the NFL has so suppressed the individual identities of its players that there aren’t really any major “activist” players to speak out about Snyder and what a farce this is. The most (only?) truly well-known players in the league are the QBs, who are groomed from day one to be as corporate as humanly possible. 

With Sarver in Phoenix, some of the most crushing kill shots came from prominent players like Lebron James and Chris Paul, who called out the league’s half-assed sanctions for “falling short.” CP3, of course, being on Sarver’s active payroll at the time he said that. Imagine an NFL player doing that. With Donald Sterling, also, it was a scenario where the players who had to play for him were largely unwilling to do so.

It’s a shame there isn’t any movement like that among the NFL rank and file. And I think it’s also a shame that some of this indifference is probably coming from the fact that Snyder’s malfeasances have largely revolved just around women, and haven’t directly offended many of the players, which was the case with Sarver and Sterling and Jerry Richardson. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

So the question becomes, do you believe that Snyder has not done anything illegal or do you believe that he has the funds/lawyers/infrastructure to prevent him from getting in trouble for the illegal things he does?

Either way, the owner, is the main reason fans should be finding another team/sport to spend their time and money. The product on the field sucks, but supporting that scumbag is way worse than anything the team could do on the field. 

To me the product on the field is what I care about.  I root for my colors, my players and my team, not an owner.  There aren't many owners I admire.  He will just be replaced by another rich elite scumbag.  It would be great if we could get a decent person for a new rich elite owner.  

I have no idea if Snyder has done something illegal.  I know this is unpopular, but I don't think he is an evil person.  I believe he is a jerk who has some serious issues and mostly ran a very big organization in a unprofessional and unclassy manner.

46 minutes ago, offbyone said:

This is somewhat of a polarizing take; and if I am being honest, you are projecting a common / ethical business practice (that is typically used to protect trade properties / intellect) to Snyder's situation, which is not appropriate. Using NDA's to coverup harassment should be discoverable, if: (1) it is not an isolated event and (2) it provides a means to mitigate further occurrence of unwanted activity. Public safety being the real issue here.

There has to be some legal jargon to support this....

18 minutes ago, offbyone said:

To me the product on the field is what I care about.  I root for my colors, my players and my team, not an owner.  There aren't many owners I admire.  He will just be replaced by another rich elite scumbag.  It would be great if we could get a decent person for a new rich elite owner.  

As a fan that did not grow up in the area, "my team/colors/players" doesn't translate to me anymore because of one person, Dan Snyder. This isn't the same team that I began rooting for at 4 years old. Not the colors and certainly not the team. I want more than anything for the players and team to be successful on the field, but any potential positives have been completely undermined by an owner that has repeatedly shown he is over aggressive in his meddling with football related decisions. 

To me at this point, there is no worse possible option for us as an owner. Dan Snyder has ruined, and will continue to ruin, everything positive about the Washington Redskins franchise. 

24 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I have no idea if Snyder has done something illegal.  I know this is unpopular, but I don't think he is an evil person.  I believe he is a jerk who has some serious issues and mostly ran a very big organization in a unprofessional and unclassy manner.

I have no problem with any of your opinion here other than the underlined. I think the way it was phrased was a copout to answering the question. I am not an attorney or a judge, I am a fan asking another fan if he believes, not KNOWs, that Dan Snyder has committed illegal actions and used his wealth and power to cover it up or skate by. I think the answer is a resounding yes for, not only the owner of this franchise but all owners across all sports. 

31 minutes ago, Troublez said:

This is somewhat of a polarizing take; and if I am being honest, you are projecting a common / ethical business practice (that is typically used to protect trade properties / intellect) to Snyder's situation, which is not appropriate. Using NDA's to coverup harassment should be discoverable, if: (1) it is not an isolated event and (2) it provides a means to mitigate further occurrence of unwanted activity. Public safety being the real issue here.

There has to be some legal jargon to support this....

I have worked in corporate and have moderate experience with NDAs used in internal employee claims.  They are standard issue if a payout is involved.  Remember in a he-said she-said, it is often cheaper for an employer to make a payout and move on then take a legal action to finality as the cost is insane.  Even the cost of arbitration falls mostly on the employer and is incredibly incredibly costly even if the employer is in the right.  So of course, an employer would only make that pay out if confidentiality is retained.  Otherwise no payout happens. This is just how it works.  It shouldn't work differently for Snyder just because we don't like him.  Laws are laws, due process must be fair to everyone even if they are despised humans.  You can't pick and choose.  

Sure, I guess cancel culture has been effective, I mean it did get our name changed, but personally I don't think people should be convicted of crimes with no evidence just because of the court of public opinion.  

To me, this is all super simple.  Enough with the endless anonymous sources and unsupported claims.  Just give us some real hard evidence and we can get him tossed.  But if not, I would prefer the media stop wasting my time on this click bait, dramatized crap.  Quit getting everyone's hopes up on unsubstantiated claims and editorialized "reports".  I mean for god sakes, if he is so bad, we must have some darn evidence of real serious illegal stuff.  

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I don’t know man, whoring your cheerleaders out is pretty evil. Hiring people to intimidate employees and witnesses is pretty evil. Didn’t he sue some old lady who could no longer afford her tickets? Lol. He’s a pretty awful person. 

Edited by lavar703

@e16bballthe part of the story where it said the owners would be okay with him if he could get a stadium built was a gut punch. All of the awful, terrible things would be forgiven and the suffering fans of this franchise would continue to drop off by the thousands but that’s all okay because he got a stadium built. I honestly felt like they cared about the terrible state of this franchise but they don’t. He’s just one of their crew and they can’t possibly force him out because of that. So dumb. Defeating. 

• Like 1