Dan Snyder Drama thread

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

No clue who he is but he definitely can't outbid Bezos, right?

I mean, nobody but Elon can outbid Bezos so no. But its all about what Bezos is willing to go too. Plus the Seahawks will be up for sale in a couple years and many have speculated that's the team he actually wants.

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, nobody but Elon can outbid Bezos so no. But its all about what Bezos is willing to go too. Plus the Seahawks will be up for sale in a couple years and many have speculated that's the team he actually wants.

I don't think NFL ownership is something you pass on to wait for a better opportunity, but I'm not wealthy enough to make those "hard" choices. 

I expect Bezos because I expect Snyder to take the highest bid. I don't think anyone outbids Bezos.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He literally bought the Washington post and spent the last 5 years investigating Dan so that he could be ousted. Bezos buying the team - any other BS is leaks from Dans M&A team to drive up the price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

This will make some people happy.

I see Snyder's pride is outweighing his capital gains. As long as it sells, nothing else matters.

I obviously want anyone but Dan owning this team, but I absolutely don't want Bezos to buy, (obviously rather have Bezos than Dan) but if someone besides those 2 are the owner of this team in March, I will celebrate for a month straight. 

How much is too much?

That’s what some of the richest men in America have to decide when it comes to bidding on the Washington Commanders.

The team announced last month that owner Daniel Snyder is preparing to sell his franchise, or at least a minority share in it.

CBS Sports reports “The first round of the bidding process for the sale of all, some, or potentially none of the Washington Commanders closes at the end of this week, according to two sources with knowledge of the situation.”

The Washington Post reports one of the bidders “expected to be in the running” is New Jersey Devilsand Philadelphia 76ers owner Josh Harris.

That Harris would be interested comes as little surprise. Earlier this year, he tried to buy the Denver Broncos, who went for $4.65 billion to the Walton-Penner family ownership group, headed by Walmart heir Rob Walton; his daughter, Carrie Walton Penner; and her husband, Greg Penner. WIP reported in May (via Sportico) that Harris was exploring a bid for the Broncos in a partnership with NBA Hall of Famer Magic Johnson.

Harris already is a minority owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers, and would’ve had to sell his share in order to buy the Broncos. At the time of the deal in 2020, Bloomberg reported Harris and business partner David Blitzer “acquired a stake of less than 5% in the Pittsburgh Steelers. ... While no details on price were available, the pair of financiers may have paid as much as $140 million, based on the $2.8 billion value Forbes estimated for the NFL franchise ... Harris and Blitzer are joining the ownership group as passive investors alongside the Rooney family, with no input on operations, the people said.”

Edited by ARTMONK HOF