Dan Snyder Drama thread

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

WASHINGTON -- The NFL submitted answers to questions posed by the House Oversight and Reform Committee Thursday night, but have yet to submit documents requested by members of Congress.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing overly new. Just some more investigative stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/12/14/daniel-snyder-nfl-investigation/ 

Wilkinson learned about the settlement in late July 2020, according to a court filing by the team’s former lawyer, within days of a Post story detailing allegations of sexual harassment inside the Washington franchise.

The team announced it had hired Wilkinson to investigate the day the story was published. Two days later, Wilkinson was on a conference call with Donovan, he said in a court filing. Also on the call was Norman Chirite, another longtime legal adviser to Snyder, as well as an unidentified third person.

What happened next, which has not been previously reported, is described in court records that emerged during a legal dispute between Wilkinson and Donovan. Large swaths of those records are redacted, but multiple people familiar with them confirmed some of what is shrouded.

After the phone call, according to a declaration filed by Donovan and people familiar with the matter, Chirite gave Wilkinson documents relating to the allegation and the settlement, including a report Donovan wrote after his investigation.

But then lawyers working for Snyder learned Wilkinson was attempting to interview the 2009 accuser. That October, Wilkinson received a letter from A. Scott Bolden, a partner in the D.C. office of Reed Smith, a firm that represents Snyder and the team. This letter appears in court records, but its contents are almost entirely redacted. According to people with knowledge of the letter, Bolden claimed to Wilkinson that the team’s release of former employees from NDAs did not apply to the 2009 accuser. Bolden and Reed Smith declined to comment on the record.

Through all of this, the plane ride is the thing Snyder desperately does not want to get out. 

In January 2020, after the news conference announcing Rivera’s hire, according to these people, Snyder learned that Allen had sent a congratulatory text to Rivera. Snyder was insulted, these people said, that he didn’t receive a similar text from Allen, whom Snyder had fired a few weeks before.

He is such a little man.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

After the NFL allowed them to pull off this sham, vanity project, whatever you want to call the rebrand….do you really think anything is going to happen? 

furthermore, there was a lot of discussion when Snyder was approved to buy the team about if they were putting the right guy to the team that was closest to DC and would be a political ally…..do you all really think this is going to get to the mudslinging level, because I guarantee you if Snyder goes down, many others are going to go with him. 

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

After todays “Congressional Roundtable” and those damning testimonies against Snyder, we may be inching closer and closer to a day when Dan Snyder isn’t our owner…

That’s why he came out yesterday. But we will see. I’m not getting overly excited but it just seems crazy that the NFL wasn’t already pushing Snyder out before these reports. They should have fed Snyder to the wolves as soon as Congress came to them

I just don’t see how in the world he can keep the team. It makes absolute no sense. Idk if it’s his connections, status, or what.

I will say though, if he’s forced to sell not only will all of us fans be ecstatic! But whoever buys the team is gonna make a pretty penny! Between gaining back more fans who have dealt with the Snyder era for years and all the money that is going to come with the rebrand  the new owner (hopefully) will see profits immediately 

• Like 1

I don't think adding new testimony, now after the "extensive investigation" has been completed, is particularly credible. Did she forget Dan put his hand on her thigh and just now remembered it, but not before when the investigation was interviewing her?

I would love to get rid of him, but this aint it imo.

22 minutes ago, MacDog said:

I don't think adding new testimony, now after the "extensive investigation" has been completed, is particularly credible. Did she forget Dan put his hand on her thigh and just now remembered it, but not before when the investigation was interviewing her?

I would love to get rid of him, but this aint it imo.

The NFL wouldn't release the report before so no one knew what was in it. 

26 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Snyder looks terrible. He’s aged. Commanders will be a better name if Snyder is forced out. 

Dan Snyder, the name Commanders, the awful boring logo that looks like a kindergartener designed it and those awful uniforms can all leave town together! They could’ve done a heck of a lot better with everything regarding the name change & the roll out yesterday.

I like Jason Wright he seems like a great guy, but I don’t think he’s done a good job so far as Team President. The stadium experience sucks & is falling apart, he screwed up the Sean Taylor Jersey retirement with his family in town and now this new name & everything surrounding it. 

It just hasn’t been a good 18-month run for the guy.

Edited by turtle28