šŸ¢ Turtleā€™s Post March FA & Pre-NFL Draft Off-season Mock

turtle28

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

I Surprises me Turtle that you don't value DTs because you were a big proponent of double franchising Scherff and continuing to try to sign him to a big money deal.Ā  I would suggest Payne is at least as impactful as a Guard.Ā Ā 

Franchise and trade hasn't worked so well.Ā  How many players, like DTs, has it actually worked on in the league other than QBs?Ā  Ā 

Ā 

I wasnā€™t a proponent of double franchising Scherff, weā€™ll I guess I was but I wanted to tag & trade him in 2020 & 2021. Now weā€™re hoping we get a 2023 3rd for him like we got for Kirk. Itā€™s just an awful way to run a team. We shouldā€™ve traded Scherff for a 2nd & mid round pick to a team like the Bears, Bengals (who I still canā€™t believe didnā€™t sign him)Ā or Jags last year or someone else who needed guard help.

Edited by turtle28

15 hours ago, taylor made said:

I've read Chris Olave be compared to Jerry Jeudy and I think I like that comparison a little better considering Keenan Allen has ... 20 pounds and an inch plus on Olave. I wouldn't draft Drake London either now that he didn't do any athletic testing. He really hurt himself there in my view.Ā Ā BPA will probably be Derek Stingley, Kyle Hamilton or Garrett Wilson.Ā I would take Stingley over all of them and I'm not sure where Kyle Hamilton fits in defense here but he's my second choice. I could see Rivera really like Kyle Hamilton though. He's the type of leader Rivera would like.Ā  Also I do not mind taking offensive line even in Round 1. I wouldĀ love a Tyler Linderbaum or Trevor Penning surprise selection.Ā 

Ā 

Also not a lot of people are predicting that OT Charles Cross falls to our pick at #11, but I would consider him and play him or Comsi at RG

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

Also not a lot of people are predicting that OT Charles Cross falls to our pick at #11, but I would consider him and play him or Comsi at RG

You take Cross all day if he falls. OL > than skill position (other than QB). That being said, if a OT does fall - we could be in a position to trade down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I wasnā€™t a proponent of double franchising Scherff, weā€™ll I guess I was but I wanted to tag & trade him in 2020 & 2021. Now weā€™re hoping we get a 2023 3rd for him like we got for Kirk. Itā€™s just an awful way to run a team. We shouldā€™ve traded Scherff for a 2nd & mid round pick to a team like the Bears, Bengals (who I still canā€™t believe didnā€™t sign him)Ā or Jags last year or someone else who needed guard help.

My point though is Franchise and Tag rarely works and certainly not for DTs or Guards.Ā  If you want to trade them, you need to do it before the tag is needed.

4 hours ago, taylor made said:

Iā€™m not against it, but Iā€™d much rather get one of the WRs or Devin Lloyd. We have 2 major holes that are glaring. The OL as currently constructed is a top half of the league OL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

My point though is Franchise and Tag rarely works and certainly not for DTs or Guards.Ā  If you want to trade them, you need to do it before the tag is needed.

Rarely worked doesnā€™t mean itā€™s impossible, I doubt we even tried or considers trading Kirk or Scherff after we franchised them. Itā€™s been a flawed business model to pay players at top 5 NFL salary on the franchise 2 years in a row after their rookie contract & then to let them walk for just a 3rd round comp pick.