Raiders extend QB Derek Carr 3 years 121.5 Million

agarcia34

Just now, NYRaider said:

I don't care where we play him at, lol, but he's clearly at his best in the slot. I'm sure McDaniels will be creative with everyone.

ok perfect, so your can only play in the slot comment was hyperbole . . . per usual.
Then all your following comments where putting words in my mouth and back peddling your original statement lmao.

Classic

20 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

ok perfect, so your can only play in the slot comment was hyperbole . . . per usual.
Then all your following comments where putting words in my mouth and back peddling your original statement lmao.

Classic

Renfrow is the white Jerry Rice, okay, I am sorry.

I have to agree with @NYRaider here, Renfrow's physical limitations regulate him to the slot.  Renfrow does not have the physical skillet to succeed on the outside.  He beats up on teams 3rd best CB in close quarters, that is where he feats.  He doesn't have the speed to be a field stretcher nor the size, physicality or catch radius to be a viable threat on the outside against #1 or 2 CB's. 

He has excellent hands, body control and excellent lateral movement in tight spaces, that is where he excels.  Could he occasionally win on the outside sure but not consistent enough to be considered a legit out 1 or 2 WR.  He is exactly where he needs to be and if we or any other team take him out of the slot that would be a big mistake. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

Hunter had like 5 weeks of no competing slot threat because Waller was out. I think he’s great at his position and a very savvy slot guy, but let’s wait and see what he does with a more stacked O before we want to give him the whole bag. 

Renfrow should still have a very good year but if he has 100+ catches and 1,000+ yards again then it probably means Waller/Adams got hurt.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Renfrow should still have a very good year but if he has 100+ catches and 1,000+ yards again then it probably means Waller/Adams got hurt.

Would have to think that’s the case in that situation. I have no doubt he will still be good, but his targets depend on the effectiveness/health of Adams/Waller for sure. I guess the alternative to that is he could be the guy open all the time, but I’m interested to see how this O breaks down one way or another. 

5 hours ago, FloydFan said:

I think that’s a broad stroke on what the matter at hand is. He definitely needs to put up some W’s though. 

Josh said that he came to the Raiders to win now not to rebuild. He already has one strike against him because of the Denver fiasco. He just can't take over a playoff team over and not win.

4 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Would have to think that’s the case in that situation. I have no doubt he will still be good, but his targets depend on the effectiveness/health of Adams/Waller for sure. I guess the alternative to that is he could be the guy open all the time, but I’m interested to see how this O breaks down one way or another. 

My thinking is that Adams, Waller and Renfrew will have less catches but more yards. You just can't cover them man to man and be successful. There should be wide open receivers running all over the field.

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

My thinking is that Adams, Waller and Renfrew will have less catches but more yards. You just can't cover them man to man and be successful. There should be wide open receivers running all over the field.

That is the beauty of having three viable receiving options.  If a D coordinator schemes to shut down and double Adams, he has proven he can still win those matchups but that will open things up in the run game, Waller down the middle and Renfrow out of the slot.  This is the first time in over 20 years we have had options like that.  Combine those options with JM's play calling ability and this team should take a major step forward in terms of O production.  

From Albert Breer

1) The Derek Carr contract, to me, is reflective of what Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler are trying to build in Las Vegas. They asked Carr to consider a Tom Brady–style contract, that would offer the team flexibility, and then proved to him how they’d use it in trading for Davante Adams (which, indeed, was a turning point for the Carr negotiation). And the new brass also understood how this sort of contract situation could play in the locker room, because Carr is so well-respected, and that things getting sideways might set a bad tone early on. So the Raiders avoided that, conducted a smooth negotiation (one source said the key was “we all wanted the same thing”) and in doing so made a statement about the types of players, and guys, that McDaniels and Ziegler plan to reward in Vegas.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Renfrow is the white Jerry Rice, okay, I am sorry.

perfect again, trying to make it seem like I said something i never did. 
You said he can ONLY play in the slot. 
I have issue with that statement, because I have seen him score TDs playing outside. 

I will bet you whatever you want, that he does not only line up in the slot this season? 
If he can ONLY play there, like you said, surely youd be willing to bet big.

I personally like the contract, it’s a win-win, no reason to overthink or over analyze. I was at work all day yesterday so I didn’t start reading the thread until after I saw the full details. I knew exactly how the thread would go, lol. I’m glad the extension is done, period. Like others have said,maybe now we can concentrate on the draft, June 1rst, and the off-season. 👍

• Like 2