Raiders extend QB Derek Carr 3 years 121.5 Million

agarcia34

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Renfrow's biggest strength is his ability to get open over the middle of the field as a safety blanket for Carr, if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

I'm not trying to fix or break anything.  I'm just saying Renfrow is really freaking good.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Hunter had like 5 weeks of no competing slot threat because Waller was out. I think he’s great at his position and a very savvy slot guy, but let’s wait and see what he does with a more stacked O before we want to give him the whole bag. 

Everyone on this forum knows Renfrow's production is about to be cut in half with Waller back and Adams manning the #1!!!! WR position.  Man it feels good to just think about how our WR1 is going to just destroy DBs.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Everyone on this forum knows Renfrow's production is about to be cut in half with Waller back and Adams manning the #1!!!! WR position.  Man it feels good to just think about how our WR1 is going to just destroy DBs.

It may be down some but not as much as we might think 3rd and Renfrow will be alive and well.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

It may be down some but not as much as we might think 3rd and Renfrow will be alive and well.

50 receptions, 500 yards and 5 TDs is pretty good for a slot receiver that has Waller and Adams getting the ball as well.  

If he were to get 70-80 receptions this season then we had to have been a very, very pass happy team this upcoming season.

42 minutes ago, Jerry said:

50 receptions, 500 yards and 5 TDs is pretty good for a slot receiver that has Waller and Adams getting the ball as well.  

If he were to get 70-80 receptions this season then we had to have been a very, very pass happy team this upcoming season.

As long as he catches the ball when it’s thrown to him I’ll love it. 
he could have 20 catches and 5 tds on the year, but if all 20 catches came on key 3rd downs I’d still love him. 
his catch percentage was the highest in nfl IIRC, these are stats I care about. Chances come and go, not up to him really, but when he gets his chance he normally shows up.

only on this forum do we hype up unproven players like Chaz Shillens, and discredit proven players for us. 

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

he could have 20 catches and 5 tds on the year, but if all 20 catches came on key 3rd downs I’d still love him. 
his catch percentage was the highest in nfl IIRC, these are stats I care about. Chances come and go, not up to him really, but when he gets his chance he normally shows up.

only on this forum do we hype up unproven players like Chaz Shillens, and discredit proven players for us. 

Yeah I'm definitely not knocking Renfrow, just can't see him getting 100 receptions with both Waller and Adams on the same team and if they're healthy all season.  

Renfrow is a beast.  Love that dude.  Greatest grape holder to ever suit up for the Silver and Black.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jerry said:

Yeah I'm definitely not knocking Renfrow, just can't see him getting 100 receptions with both Waller and Adams on the same team and if they're healthy all season.  

Renfrow is a beast.  Love that dude.  Greatest grape holder to ever suit up for the Silver and Black.

Which is why I'd try to take care of Waller this off-season and wait on extending Renfrow.

12 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

This is a good point, I think someone said something like ' how much do you value 600 yards and 5 TDs' or similar but that's kind of paring down the impact too much and out of context IMHO. 

How much do we value a heads up play like the tackle against the Chargers, that's a game changing type play? What if most of those yards come on tough 3rd down conversions which they may do? Renfrow is a tough guy to value IMO, he's probably loved within the locker room and a kind of glue guy too and the coaches no doubt love him, seems like a guy that may be a great influence within the team.

Now, that's not to say we just throw him a blank check but just paring his value down to receiving yards and TDs doesn't represent his true value I don't feel.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

This is a good point, I think someone said something like ' how much do you value 600 yards and 5 TDs' or similar but that's kind of paring down the impact too much and out of context IMHO. 

How much do we value a heads up play like the tackle against the Chargers, that's a game changing type play? What if most of those yards come on tough 3rd down conversions which they may do? Renfrow is a tough guy to value IMO, he's probably loved within the locker room and a kind of glue guy too and the coaches no doubt love him, seems like a guy that may be a great influence within the team.

Now, that's not to say we just throw him a blank check but just paring his value down to receiving yards and TDs doesn't represent his true value I don't feel.

Yeah value can't be determined based solely on statistics without context but you also don't overpay a guy because he's a glue guy in the locker room. Tyler Boyd got 4 yr/$43M and had been more productive/most consistent in a similar role so I think that's around what we should offer him. If someone wants to give him a Kirk level deal and overpay him then you have to just let him walk. I'd just personally wait to see how he produces playing alongside Adams in a new system before committing big money to him.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah value can't be determined based solely on statistics without context but you also don't overpay a guy because he's a glue guy in the locker room. Tyler Boyd got 4 yr/$43M and had been more productive/most consistent in a similar role so I think that's around what we should offer him. If someone wants to give him a Kirk level deal and overpay him then you have to just let him walk. I'd just personally wait to see how he produces playing alongside Adams in a new system before committing big money to him.

Yep, totally agree with this. He has his finite value like all other players and as much as we all seem to love him we can't really overpay and set a bad precedent. I dearly hope he's a Raider for life though, he's a real cult hero and great role model for young kids 😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yep, totally agree with this. He has his finite value like all other players and as much as we all seem to love him we can't really overpay and set a bad precedent. I dearly hope he's a Raider for life though, he's a real cult hero and great role model for young kids 😀

I hope that he's retained as well, I'd probably offer him something like a 3 yr/$35M deal.

• Like 1

I don’t believe I’ve read anyone on here advocating “giving renfrow the bag!” And if so, it was an overreaction, period. And secondly, this new regime doesn’t seem like they don’t have good nfl sense. Lol. Silly, kind of a 1 man debate......jus sayin. Lmao!

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 11:04 AM, Jerry said:

Let's be real he'll go for way more than 30 yards a game.

• Like 2