Last Chance 2022 Mock - Discussion

dcat

Welcome to the 2022 Last Chance NFL Mock Draft. 

Please review the Last Chance Mock Rules below before we begin.

9.1.21_Rob-Rangs-Big-Board.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Welcome to the Last Chance 2022 Mock Draft Discussion thread.  The Selections thread has been posted as well.

In addition to DMs and tagging others in threads here, you can communicate and leave messages in the Discord I set up for this mock:

https://discord.gg/NVPkXf4J

The draft will begin Thursday, April 14, 7:30 PM EDT. 

Link to google sheet for this draft:    Last Chance Mock 2022 Spreadsheet Here

The sheet usually has 1000 prospects, but my source only loaded up 500 prospects this year, so there may be guys selected who are not in the sheet. If you look at the bottom of the players page and the positional pages you will see about a dozen added players, with more to come.  These players at the bottom are not included in the draft rankings but are there for convenience.  If you draft someone who is not on the sheet, we will manually add them as the pick is made. Send me a PM if you have problems accessing/using the sheet.

You can sort columns and change tabs at will, but no edits. Mods will edit. Send us (just me, for the moment) a PM if you see one needed.

Tabs:
Draft tab: Main tab. Shows you all picks for all rounds in one page. Shows who is on-the-clock and how far away you are from your next pick.
GM Lineup tab: Attaches your team and selections to you on the main draft page. GM changes are made here.
Player List: List of draft prospects with averaged rankings from multiple sources. The rankings are several weeks old and are the opinions of the ranking source, so use them at your own risk. Rankings can not be updated.
Available Player List: Very helpful tab. This page gives you a quick look at who is still available. If you see a number next to the player, then he has been selected already and we just haven't gotten around to filtering him off the page.
Team-by-team: (currently not on spread sheet... will be added after a couple of rounds) shows a team's entire draft.
Positional rankings tabs: self explanatory. Rankings from an array of draft sites. You can sort by source if you like. Again, these may not up-to-date and are subjective.

Last Chance Mock Draft rules:

1. Duration: Our objective is to complete a minimum of 5+ rounds of a mock NFL draft. In 2020, we made it through 6 rounds.  We will continue until  Thursday, April 28th.  
  2. Trades: Trades will be allowed, but only trades of 2022 picks. Trading future picks or active players is not permitted (i.e. The Seattle GM is not permitted to trade DK Metcalf during our mock, unless it happens to go down for real in the NFL before the pertinent rounds have started in the mock). Submit all trades to us in order to be finalized and so we can update the spreadsheet. And if you are managing two teams, no trades are permitted between those teams.
  3. Draft clock: For the first 3 rounds, each GM will have a 3-hour window to make his pick when on the clock. This allows ample time for trade interactions. The 3-hour window will run between a reasonable morning start time (depending on time zones of our GMs) and 11:59 PM EDT. The clock pauses at midnight and resumes the next morning at the agreed upon time, without a reset. Beginning Rd 4, when there are few, if any, trades, the clock will shift to a 2 hour window.
  4. Unavailable GMs: If you know that you may not be available for an upcoming pick, send a list in advance to me or another mod with a sufficient number of potential picks in order of priority via PM.  Not doing so guarantees the draft will stall and GMs will get frustrated.
  5. Advising the next team it is On-the-Clock: When posting your pick, tag or send a PM to the next two GMs advising them that they are OTC and on-deck.  Please have your Footballsfuture notice settings turned on to prevent needless slow downs.   Tagging is so simple (i.e. @dcat) but useless if you have your notices turned off.
  6. Missed picks: If you miss a pick, we will make a consensus pick for you, but it's much better to send us a short list of preferences ahead of your pick. Also, if you miss a pick, let us know that you intend to continue in the draft. Once we make a pick for you, that pick is final as soon as the next draft pick is made. 2 missed picks in a row warrants GM replacement and we will look to replace you with another GM.

The 2022 Last Chance Mock Draft GM lineup:
AFC North
Bengals - @Ortizer
Steelers - @Docniner
Browns - @cortes02
Ravens - @GOTA
AFC East
Bills - @New York Mick
Pats - @Heymangold
Dolphins - 
Jets - @dcat
AFC South
Titans - @Ortizer
Colts -  @RTTRUTH
Texans -  @202Belden
Jags - @JetWash
AFC West
Chiefs - @Mmcclend
Raiders - @Mmcclend
Chargers - @darin3
Broncos -  @BowserBroncos

NFC East
Cowboys - @202Belden
Eagles - @EaglesPeteC
Commanders - @New York Mick
Giants - @Heymangold

NFC North
Packers - @WNCRavensFan
Vikings - @Gopher
Bears - @JetWash
Lions - @Gopher

NFC South
Buccaneers - @Laxdad24
Saints - @darin3
Falcons - @WNCRavensFan
Panthers - @dcat

NFC West
Rams - @darin3
Cards - @Wpob
49ers- @Docniner
Seahawks - @Wpob

Edited by dcat

the following folks participated in 2020: If you want a remaining team(s)   let me know and I'll add you to the lineup.  Please read the rules to make sure you can manage a 3-hr clock for the 1st 3 rds, and then a 2 hr window beginning rd 4.  (clock pauses overnight)

@EaglesPeteC @jcrell623 @animaltested @swoosh @Cbrunn @Daniel @green machine @CowboysDiehard @Wpob @Shorttynaz @bcb1213 

Of course anyone else as well

30 minutes ago, dcat said:

the following folks participated in 2020: If you want a remaining team(s)   let me know and I'll add you to the lineup.  Please read the rules to make sure you can manage a 3-hr clock for the 1st 3 rds, and then a 2 hr window beginning rd 4.  (clock pauses overnight)

@EaglesPeteC @jcrell623 @animaltested @swoosh @Cbrunn @Daniel @green machine @CowboysDiehard @Wpob @Shorttynaz @bcb1213 

If it starts after the 19th, I’m in, but I am in Mexico with limited interweb til then.

Also, some of the uploaded rankings on the sheet are stale as they seem to be pre-combine and others are just incomplete.  As of the moment, there are about a dozen added players at the bottom of the players column, but they are not a part of the numerical rankings.   

1 hour ago, dcat said:

I forgot @NJWolverine2