Last Chance 2022 Mock - Discussion

dcat

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Do you want me to take over the Texans so we can move along? 

I have 2 guys I messaged to take the team.  If I don't hear in the next hour, then yes, absolutely.  I know you are swamped too.  Much appreciated.  I think we may hit with one of the others.

16 hours ago, dcat said:

Wow... Walker at #2 to Lions surprised me!  @Gopher 

Just a gut feeling.  As a Vikings fan, I get to see a fair amount of the Lions each year, and for the first time in a long time, I really like the direction that they are headed.  It sounds silly, but I honestly believe that Campbell could have been in the conversation for coach of the year last year, had just a couple of things bounced his/their way that didn't.  Lots of close losses, and they were competitive in more games than not.  They just have the feel of a team on the rise, in my opinion.

As for Walker, like I said, just a gut feeling.  Seems like the perfect combination of relatively safe floor, with a "who knows how good he can really be" type of ceiling.  Adding a player that can potentially be a core piece in the defensive trenches for the next decade seems like the right way to go.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

IMO it's the right pick for the Texans. The upside is just too real. Especially with the other "big two" at this point off the board. 

It would have been the Jets pick with no trade down.

I love that pick for the Texans.  Thibodeaux under Lovie Smith?  Oh yeah!  I get that same vibe I get when I see him in these mocks for Jets under Salah.  These are coaches who can get the most out a pass rusher like that

Nice job @202Belden!

Edited by GOTA
  • Like 1

The NY Jets didn't expect the clearest #1 at any position on the board to be available here.  And look,  Sauce is as happy to be a NY Jet as you can imagine:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bxeqrdtplm95h6k0mckl

Actually, with DJ Reed and Bryce Hall , I'd think Saleh be very happy with his DB room, especially in dime packages with last years + last years prospects. 

Edited by dcat

9 minutes ago, dcat said:

The NY Jets didn't expect the clearest #1 at any position on the board to be available here.  And look,  Sauce is as happy to be a NY Jet as you can imagine:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bxeqrdtplm95h6k0mckl

Actually, with DJ Reed and Bryce Hall , I'd think Saleh be very happy with his DB room, especially in dime packages with last years + last years prospects. 

Hey, I like the pick. But I'd have to challenge the underlined part. 

• Like 1