49ers Sign Kemoko Turay

NcFinest9erFan

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

I second this! Still hoping we focus on DL & OL in the 1st two or 3 picks we have... It all trickles down when you dominate the trenches. 

I think if we don't bring back Tartt or do something else at safety, we may be taking a safety with one of our first two picks. 

But yes, I want to go heavy in the trenches this draft. A lot of holes at the OL, especially going forward that need to be addressed. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Like it! Still want an edge rusher in the draft but we're going to have a productive DL with what we have. 

If we indeed add an EDGE in the draft, we're most likely going to be trading one or two of our EDGE guys before pre-season is over. I count 8 EDGE rushers on the roster already (including Ford). We're probably going to carry around 10 DL and we already have 6 IDL on the roster. We currently have 14 DL for presumably 10 53-man spots. 

If we do draft an EDGE, which I'm totally fine with, it had better be a high-round pick that can be a difference maker from the start. Taking a flyer on a late round project is going to be a waste of a pick this year.