49ers Forum Movie / Music / TV & General entertainment thread

Forge

Subtitles?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch movies and tv shows with or without subtitles?

• With
    • Without
    • With, but I never learned to read
  2. 2. Do you prefer to read books or e-books?

• Books
    • E-Books
    • Why do you continue to make me feel bad about not being able to read?

It kind of just makes sense to have one of these, especially since it's a very common conversation topic. 

Please feel free to discuss any movies or shows that you've watch, games that you've played, books that you've read. 

IMPORTANT

Be kind about spoilers and err on the side of caution when revealing info. Not everything requires tags, but newer items I would be cautious on. 

16 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Point Break is one of my favorite movies and I watched the remake for some stupid reason. It made me want to jump out of an airplane without a parachute.

There are no words to describe how bad the remake is. One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Just awful.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

There are no words to describe how bad the remake is. One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Just awful.

May be the worst movie I’ve ever seen, and I watched a movie with Amy Schumer as the lead.

• Like 4

I loved "The Tomorrow War" with Chris Pratt and JK Simmons. Seen it twice now. 

I have a local digital station that has started showing 4 episodes of "The X-Files" every weeknight (Comet)...I haven't been getting to sleep as early as I used to. 

Edited by Chrissooner49er

Been pretty much exclusively watching X Files lately.. Brilliant show that everyone should at least check out. There are plenty of "best episode" lists you can look up, but my favorite may be season 7 episode 8, The Amazing Maleeni. The entire run is on Hulu if you're interested. 

Whats the concensus on The Batman? I want to see it, but finding a ~4 hour window to go is rough 

Edited by adamq

24 minutes ago, adamq said:

Been pretty much exclusively watching X Files lately.. Brilliant show that everyone should at least check out. There are plenty of "best episode" lists you can look up, but my favorite may be season 7 episode 8, The Amazin Maleeni. The entire run is on Hulu if you're interested. 

Whats the concensus on The Batman? I want to see it, but finding a ~4 hour window to go is rough 

Haven’t seen it yet but everyone I talk to loves it. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, adamq said:

Been pretty much exclusively watching X Files lately.. Brilliant show that everyone should at least check out. There are plenty of "best episode" lists you can look up, but my favorite may be season 7 episode 8, The Amazing Maleeni. The entire run is on Hulu if you're interested. 

You have a favorite that's all the way in Season 7? That's about the point where the whole series starts to decline, in my opinion. The conspiracy arc was really cool to begin with,  but Chris Carter (the creator) lost his way with it. The monster a week episodes were the best, IMO.

Squeeze, Toome, The Host, Darkness Falls, Soft Light, Shapes, Quagmire, Detour were very good (just to name a few). Most of those are over the 1st 3 seasons--except Detour. I think that is 5.

I don't think there had been anything like "The X-Files" since the late 70s "Kolchak: the Night Stalker". I think both inspired shows such as "Supernatural"--another one that started off great and got lost (about season 9 or 10, IMO).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

You have a favorite that's all the way in Season 7? That's about the point where the whole series starts to decline, in my opinion. The conspiracy arc was really cool to begin with,  but Chris Carter (the creator) lost his way with it. The monster a week episodes were the best, IMO.

Squeeze, Toome, The Host, Darkness Falls, Soft Light, Shapes, Quagmire, Detour were very good (just to name a few). Most of those are over the 1st 3 seasons--except Detour. I think that is 5.

I don't think there had been anything like "The X-Files" since the late 70s "Kolchak: the Night Stalker". I think both inspired shows such as "Supernatural"--another one that started off great and got lost (about season 9 or 10, IMO).

Yes, I got my wife into the show by watching just the monster of the week eps and have been filling her in on the main plot as needed.. There are always episodes here and there that I skip over in every season, but I still like the show all the way through.. yes even when Robert Patrick replaces Mulder and even still when Reyes steps in

BUT I absolutely hated when they did the big revival and brought the show back. I thought season 10 was awful and never bothered with 11...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adamq said:

I enjoyed Batman! I was shocked that Pattinson did that good of a job. Didn’t care for his Bruce Wayne, but majority of the movie it was Batman. Movie resembled a Zodiac or noir type film. I really like Batman as a comic book character, but I even thought it was a long movie, especially once u get close to that 3 hour marker lol. I know it’s about to hit HBO Max, if it hasn’t already. The car scene alone is breathtaking, especially if u got some nice surround sound! Enjoy! 

Still wish Batfleck got his chance for his stand alone Batman and directing. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StevenK said:

I enjoyed Batman! I was shocked that Pattinson did that good of a job. Didn’t care for his Bruce Wayne, but majority of the movie it was Batman. Movie resembled a Zodiac or noir type film. I really like Batman as a comic book character, but I even thought it was a long movie, especially once u get close to that 3 hour marker lol. I know it’s about to hit HBO Max, if it hasn’t already. The car scene alone is breathtaking, especially if u got some nice surround sound! Enjoy! 

Still wish Batfleck got his chance for his stand alone Batman and directing. 

The car scene and what followed were absolutely amazing! Gave me chills. 
Definitely has some weaker parts but looks and sounds absolutely stunning, would definitely watch it in theaters.

Also really appreciate that they tried something different rather than making the 5000th iteration of the same super hero movie.

• Like 2