49ers Forum Movie / Music / TV & General entertainment thread

Forge

Subtitles?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch movies and tv shows with or without subtitles?

• With
    • Without
    • With, but I never learned to read
  2. 2. Do you prefer to read books or e-books?

• Books
    • E-Books
    • Why do you continue to make me feel bad about not being able to read?

7 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

This dropped yesterday if no one saw. So many things with it, I got super emotional watching, it will obviously have some deaths which was known going in. And it is pretty well assumed at this point

Reveal hidden contents

that Rocket and Drax will die. And who knows who else. Although finding out that Peter and Mantis are brother sister during the holiday special I assume that neither of them will but who knows? Gunn may want to kill them on the way out too.

Also been a huge fan of the song in the trailer for a long time. In the meantime by Spacehog. Just hits the right tone for me.

I honestly find the trailer somewhat underwhelming. I'm hopeful that means good movie.

Marvel needs to get off this slide 

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

I honestly find the trailer somewhat underwhelming. I'm hopeful that means good movie.

Marvel needs to get off this slide 

Interesting, I need something to keep my expectations in check. That ruins movies more than anything in my experience. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 10:07 AM, adamq said:

I never enjoyed the GotG to begin with, and I have mostly lost interest in the MCU since Endgame.. but I'll still give that a watch this weekend 😛

Man, I love where the MCU is at, WandaVision, Loki, Moon Knight, & She-Hulk were great Disney+ series, loved Spider-Man No Way Home, & Doctor Strange In the multiverse of madness.

This year is gonna be awesome too, Secret Invasion, Loki Season 2, & Ironheart series on Disney+, Haven't seen Wakanda Forever yet.

I love the GoTG, I fear we're gonna lose a good amount of them though.

The future is bright too, X-Men, Fantastic Four being introduced soon, Dr. Doom, Deadpool 3 in 2023 with Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, set before Logan.

Then Avengers Kang Dynasty, & Secret Wars, seems most, if not all of the MCU OGs & FOX X-Men & F4 will return, can't wait for the next 2-3 years.

Oh, Ant-Man & Wasp Quantamania look awesome with Kang in it.

Edited by 49erscap

On 12/23/2022 at 11:23 PM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Not really into baseball, but I'm guessing SF Giants fans are on suicide watch right about now. What a mess.

Funny-1049.gif

The Giants thread in the baseball forum is basically just myself and @N4L and I don't think either of us posted in there a single time during last season 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 49erscap said:

Then Avengers Kang Dynasty, & Secret Wars, seems most, if not all of the MCU OGs & FOX X-Men & F4 will return, can't wait for the next 2-3 years.

Oh, Ant-Man & Wasp Quantamania look awesome with Kang in it.

I am very excited for all of this, but I'm not interested in anything  Deadpool or GOTG... that holiday special was a chore to get through for me😂

I did really enjoy Loki, Hawkeye, Wakanda Forever and Spiderman.. She Hulk, Moon Knight, Wandavision not so much. Thor Love and Thunder was awesome, though. One of my favorite MCU movies to date.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, adamq said:

I am very excited for all of this, but I'm not interested in anything  Deadpool or GOTG... that holiday special was a chore to get through for me😂

I did really enjoy Loki, Hawkeye, Wakanda Forever and Spiderman.. She Hulk, Moon Knight, Wandavision not so much. Thor Love and Thunder was awesome, though. One of my favorite MCU movies to date.

I still think Ragnarok was better, but love and thunder was good. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, adamq said:

Has anyone seen Avatar? We'd like to go, but 3+ hours at the theatre seems brutal when we could wait a bit and enjoy it at home

I’ll watch it at home as well. The first one was pretty good, but not something I would call a favorite of mine.

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Has anyone seen Avatar? We'd like to go, but 3+ hours at the theatre seems brutal when we could wait a bit and enjoy it at home

I have no doubt that it probably plays gorgeously on an imax and is a better experience, but I just don't care enough to make the effort lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, adamq said:

Yeah my wife wants to go see it too, we just haven’t pulled the trigger. 3+ hrs does feel excessive, but I heard it’s a good movie. We’ll see it eventually if not at home, I have a good setup at the house anyways 

• Like 1

The first Avatar was alright.  Maybe it was all the hype beforehand that set my expectations too high.   Ultimately, it reminded me of buying a new game sometimes.  You start running the game and it's the most beautiful scenery you've ever seen.  But, an hour into it, you don't even notice that stuff anymore.  What you do notice is that the controls, story, UI. lag, etc... are not ideal and you quickly lose interest.  By the end of Avatar, I was just ready for it to end.

I'll definitely watch this new one, for sure.  There really hasn't been a lot of movies out lately that has piqued my interest, so I'm starving for some new content.   It's definitely happening at home, though.  The first and only time I ever got bed bugs was from the theater I watched Logan in.  Left a really bad taste in my mouth.  Had to replace so much stuff.  $3,000+ worth.  Haven't been to a theatre since.  

• Like 1