49ers Forum Movie / Music / TV & General entertainment thread

Forge

Subtitles?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch movies and tv shows with or without subtitles?

• With
    • Without
    • With, but I never learned to read
  2. 2. Do you prefer to read books or e-books?

• Books
    • E-Books
    • Why do you continue to make me feel bad about not being able to read?

13 hours ago, adamq said:

I didn't know they were havens for bed bugs until I read your post.. I did a Google search and may never step foot in a movie theater again. I have 2 drive-ins within an hour of me anyway 🤣

He is absolutely correct. Those places do NOTHING to fight what patrons bring in. Our family has gotten lice and bed bugs from going to theaters. They are nasty places. 

• Like 3

Dammit you guys lol, and I was looking forward to going back to the theater for Antman and Guardians... Now, I don't know. 

Anyone watch that 90s show at all? Debuted on netflix yesterday. I watched the first episode and there were a couple of moments I laughed and the rest was mostly blah. I don't know if the new kids have much personality.

2 hours ago, GW21 said:

Has anyone watched the TV show Legion? I was thinking about giving it a shot after reading a little bit about it. From what I read it was awesome in the first season then kind of just went down hill. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5114356/

I watched the first season, it was odd, not really my cup of tea. But that doesn't mean it wasn't good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GW21 said:

Has anyone watched the TV show Legion? I was thinking about giving it a shot after reading a little bit about it. From what I read it was awesome in the first season then kind of just went down hill. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5114356/

I have not, but I see that it has Aubrey Plaza(been a huge fan since Parks and Recreation), so I will probably check it out after I'm done with my current show.

These are the only shows I watch regularly: Blue Bloods  Forged in Fire  

Then I have these shows on DVD that I pull out from time to time: CSI: Miami  The Equalizer (original! Edward Woodward was boss!)  Spenser for Hire    Benson    Stingray   Simon & Simon   Shark  Law & Order (original only)

Yup, I am a child of the 80s and I embrace it! Only listen to 80s music, too! Best music there ever was. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 2:51 PM, Chrissooner49er said:

These are the only shows I watch regularly: Blue Bloods  Forged in Fire  

Then I have these shows on DVD that I pull out from time to time: CSI: Miami  The Equalizer (original! Edward Woodward was boss!)  Spenser for Hire    Benson    Stingray   Simon & Simon   Shark  Law & Order (original only)

Yup, I am a child of the 80s and I embrace it! Only listen to 80s music, too! Best music there ever was. 

really miss Simon and Simon, it's been a long time no see... great show!

I don't think it is on netflix, prime, hulu... unfortunate.

Always loved the intro...

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 10:30 PM, oldman9er said:

really miss Simon and Simon, it's been a long time no see... great show!

I don't think it is on netflix, prime, hulu... unfortunate.

Always loved the intro...

And I forgot one more that I catch on our local H & I channel whenever school is out: The original Hawai'i 5-0!  There is no replacement for Jack Lord. If I knew how to put the pic in, I would. Absolutely love this show. Do not care at all for the reboot--reboots are trash and unoriginal. Blech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AepyGm9Me6w

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

And I forgot one more that I catch on our local H & I channel whenever school is out: The original Hawai'i 5-0!  There is no replacement for Jack Lord. If I knew how to put the pic in, I would. Absolutely love this show. Do not care at all for the reboot--reboots are trash and unoriginal. Blech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AepyGm9Me6w

Reboots are lazy! People need to get creative and stop trying to replicate. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

My boys and I are huge fans of the original MacGyver. We tried the pilot of the reboot and hated it. We never watched it again. That was not the classic character known as Angus MacGyver. 

I’m more of a MacGruber guy lol 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ataal said:

Speaking of reboots, I'm really looking forward to Night Court.  HUGE fan of the original show.  It was my comfort show at night when I was a kid.  Really hoping Brent Spiner does some guest appearances.  

Watched the first couple episodes online this weekend. It was solid. I'm a Melissa Rausch fan and a fan of the original as well.

• Like 1