49ers Forum Movie / Music / TV & General entertainment thread

Forge

Subtitles?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch movies and tv shows with or without subtitles?

• With
    • Without
    • With, but I never learned to read
  2. 2. Do you prefer to read books or e-books?

• Books
    • E-Books
    • Why do you continue to make me feel bad about not being able to read?

11 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Some favorites

Lost

Person of Interest 

Lie to Me

Arrested Development

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Fringe

Longmire

Community

Parks and Rec

Deadwood

I've watched the bolded before, I might try Lost at some point this non playing portion of the season. I know people loved it minus the ending but other than promos I haven't seen any of it.

I did get into newsradio a little bit this weekend. I saw it when it was airing but forgot how good it was, still fighting many of the same fights 30 years later but still a wonderfully hilarious look into another time with so many good actors/people. Stephen Root (who many might know as Milton in office space, although unrecognizable from the different roles) a young Joe Rogan, and Phil Hartman who was taken from us way too soon and is a comedic genius in my mind.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I did get into newsradio a little bit this weekend. I saw it when it was airing but forgot how good it was

Yeah, I remember liking newsradio, yet it's been a long while since seen.

Made me think of another oldie that was good, Just Shoot Me was a good one also.

I liked LOST throughout, though after season 4 it did decline. I don't regret or didn't hate the remaining seasons, but the direction taken on one of the main characters made me quite sad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Made me think of another oldie that was good, Just Shoot Me was a good one also.

I liked LOST throughout, though after season 4 it did decline. I don't regret or didn't hate the remaining seasons, but the direction taken on one of the main characters made me quite sad.

I remember Just Shoot Me too, had the same thought as you watching newsradio lol.

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I did a rewatch of Lost last year.  I had forgotten how well filmed/produced that show was.  It looked like it was filmed this year.  One of my all time favorites.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went and saw Antman today with my nephew. A couple of thoughts about it:

I think Jonathan Majors is the name of the Kang actor and he is very good at his craft. I believed his menace in a way I didn't buy it from the actor that was Namor in black panther. In fact all of the actors are pretty spot on and professionals. Which is what should happen in a blockbuster like this. 

The movie itself was good, I'd watch it again. My biggest complaint would be some the way things worked out at the end was a little simplistic story telling wise. But all in all not bad. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

• Like 2

@Ftn49 - Liked, because I enjoy the random info and opinions, not that I have particular interest in the movie. 

Bored, watching thru series of Frasier eps with the wife. Buzzed and tired. The series of Frasier took quite a gamble in the juggling of comedy and annoyance when regarding the consistent snobbery of the Crane boys. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Really Surprised GIF - Really Surprised Shocked - Discover & Share GIFs

I mean, it's Vernon--all tease, no real show. 

I didn't have high hopes, but it had Morgan Freeman and the dude from Yellowstone, so i thought that it might have a shot.

I will say that Cole Hauser (that dude from Yellowstone I mentioned earlier that I had to look up his name) was in a movie called Panama with Mel Gibson, which may have been one of the worst movies I've seen in some time. Maybe he just needs to stick with Yellowstone. 

5 hours ago, GW21 said:

I didn't have high hopes, but it had Morgan Freeman and the dude from Yellowstone, so i thought that it might have a shot.

I will say that Cole Hauser (that dude from Yellowstone I mentioned earlier that I had to look up his name) was in a movie called Panama with Mel Gibson, which may have been one of the worst movies I've seen in some time. Maybe he just needs to stick with Yellowstone. 

I will let nobody besmirch the good name of Cole Hauser, sir. 

Pin on 90's / early 00's

23 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

How would u rate VD's acting ability 1-10 ? 

He was better than I expected, but the entire movie was just trash imo. I’ll say 4 if I had to pick. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I will let nobody besmirch the good name of Cole Hauser, sir. 

Pin on 90's / early 00's

Watch Panama and get back to me lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

3 episodes in on a Netflix show by the name of BEEF. 

starts slow, but definitely enjoying it, and would recommend... so far. 

My wife was talking about that show just this morning, she loves it. I'll give it a go!