My last mock before the draft

LoganF89

TRADE

washington sends pick 11 to the Steelers for pick 20, 2nd, 4th of this year. Pittsburgh takes Kenny Pickett.

1. Chris Olave WR Ohio St.- now I would be ok with taking Olave at 11 as well but I don’t have a WR taken in the top 10. There are some teams that could trade up for one but I feel Washington is bigger on Olave than other teams. I believe London, Wilson, Williams, and  possibly Burke’s could go ahead of him allowing us to still get our guy in Olave while adding extra pics.

2. Jaquan Brisker FS Penn St.- with a deep safety class I believe Brisker will be available to us. He has good speed at 4.49 40. He is great in coverage and decent size at 6’1” it’s possible he could start right away and allow Bobby McCain to play more slot corner

2. Chad Muma MLB Wyoming- some are probably tired of seeing me mock him here but I think he is exactly what we need in a LB, we have plenty of athleticism now at the position, but something you can’t teach is instincts and he has it, was the 2nd leader in tackles in the FBS and can call the defense plays.

4. Greg Dulcich TE UCLA- I think he may be one of the most underrated players in this draft. At 6’4” 245 he has good height but is a bit light. He is a long stride TE in open space and not a liability in route running. I think he could be used like how the eagles used goedert when they had him and Ertz

4. Jerome Ford RB Cincinnati- once a 4 star recruit with Alabama when he transferred to Cincy his football career took off, 5’11” 220 with a 4.46 40. He’s the kind of back that could spar Gibson some Carries, he wasn’t focused too much in the passing game with only 21 catches but when you have JD Mckissic there shouldn’t be a worry about that

6. Tyler Vrabel OT Boston College- son of the famous titans head coach, vrabel started for 3 years at both LT and RT earning all ACC and honarable mention for ACC, interesting fact I found on vrabel is that his relative athletic score based off all tackles from 1987-2022 is 288th out of 1204, pretty sneaky athlete for a late rd OT

7. Alontae Taylor CB Tennesse- at 6ft tall running a 4.36 40 time he is a good candidate for bump and run coverage. Good ball skills and portrays as a dependable backup/depth player with some upside to be able to start in some games down the road.

7. Aqeel Glass QB Alabama A&M- 6ft 4 230 Lb qb. He is definitely a project and developmental guy but he was pretty good last year! I’m not saying he makes the team but he gives us a third qb with the loss of Kyle Allen. He’s 14th in the FCS for career passing yds and 11th in touchdowns. Would be the first QB taken from there since Tavaris Jackson.

well guys hope you liked it. This will be my last one this year and I think this class answers a lot of holes and gives us some really good players! The only two spots that I could of given more attention would be DL and OG, but Rome wasn’t built in a day. If we could come out of the draft with what I did rds 1-4 I would be extremely happy!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

TRADE

washington sends pick 11 to the Steelers for pick 20, 2nd, 4th of this year. Pittsburgh takes Kenny Pickett.

1. Chris Olave WR Ohio St.- now I would be ok with taking Olave at 11 as well but I don’t have a WR taken in the top 10. There are some teams that could trade up for one but I feel Washington is bigger on Olave than other teams. I believe London, Wilson, Williams, and  possibly Burke’s could go ahead of him allowing us to still get our guy in Olave while adding extra pics.

This is fine. Again, not my WR1 pick, but I'm not going to be upset at all if we get Olave.

2. Jaquan Brisker FS Penn St.- with a deep safety class I believe Brisker will be available to us. He has good speed at 4.49 40. He is great in coverage and decent size at 6’1” it’s possible he could start right away and allow Bobby McCain to play more slot corner

I'm good with Brisker here depending on what else is on the board. 

2. Chad Muma MLB Wyoming- some are probably tired of seeing me mock him here but I think he is exactly what we need in a LB, we have plenty of athleticism now at the position, but something you can’t teach is instincts and he has it, was the 2nd leader in tackles in the FBS and can call the defense plays.

Worth a shot here to be our future middle guy.

4. Greg Dulcich TE UCLA- I think he may be one of the most underrated players in this draft. At 6’4” 245 he has good height but is a bit light. He is a long stride TE in open space and not a liability in route running. I think he could be used like how the eagles used goedert when they had him and Ertz

I think I prefer Woods here if we can get him, but I definitely think we could get another TE.

4. Jerome Ford RB Cincinnati- once a 4 star recruit with Alabama when he transferred to Cincy his football career took off, 5’11” 220 with a 4.46 40. He’s the kind of back that could spar Gibson some Carries, he wasn’t focused too much in the passing game with only 21 catches but when you have JD Mckissic there shouldn’t be a worry about that

Again, maybe not my first choice at RB in this spot (I'd like either of the Georgia boys), but probably a need. 

6. Tyler Vrabel OT Boston College- son of the famous titans head coach, vrabel started for 3 years at both LT and RT earning all ACC and honarable mention for ACC, interesting fact I found on vrabel is that his relative athletic score based off all tackles from 1987-2022 is 288th out of 1204, pretty sneaky athlete for a late rd OT

7. Alontae Taylor CB Tennesse- at 6ft tall running a 4.36 40 time he is a good candidate for bump and run coverage. Good ball skills and portrays as a dependable backup/depth player with some upside to be able to start in some games down the road.

7. Aqeel Glass QB Alabama A&M- 6ft 4 230 Lb qb. He is definitely a project and developmental guy but he was pretty good last year! I’m not saying he makes the team but he gives us a third qb with the loss of Kyle Allen. He’s 14th in the FCS for career passing yds and 11th in touchdowns. Would be the first QB taken from there since Tavaris Jackson.

These are fine. If we could get Perry over Glass I would prefer that. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I don't agree that no receivers will go in the top 10. I've been reading many expect Jameson Williams, Drake London and Garrett Wilson all to be gone in the top 10. 

I’d be pretty shocked if more than ATL and NYJ go receiver in the top 10. 

Top 3 feels way too rich for any of these guys. WR is pretty much the only thing SEA at 9 has left, and NYG at 5 and 7 has already invested a ton in the WR position. CAR at 6 could, I guess, but how do they not go QB or LT given the players likely to be available?

The only way I could see it happening is if someone is desperate for a particular WR and moves up to 7 or 9 to jump ATL or NYJ. Who’s going to do that? I can’t imagine anyone is that in love with any of these WRs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I don't agree that no receivers will go in the top 10. I've been reading many expect Jameson Williams, Drake London and Garrett Wilson all to be gone in the top 10. 

I don’t see that happening unless there are teams that trade up in front of us to grab some.

Atlanta and the Jets are the only two teams I could see possibly looking to add a WR. But remember the Jets gave Corey Davis a nice contract last year and also drafted Elijah Moore. I think the Falcons are the team that would select one, but honestly they have so many holes on there team they could go another way.

it’s a very deep WR class and that could push some teams to pick one on the 2nd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

I’d be pretty shocked if more than ATL and NYJ go receiver in the top 10. 

Top 3 feels way too rich for any of these guys. WR is pretty much the only thing SEA at 9 has left, and NYG at 5 and 7 has already invested a ton in the WR position. CAR at 6 could, I guess, but how do they not go QB or LT given the players likely to be available?

The only way I could see it happening is if someone is desperate for a particular WR and moves up to 7 or 9 to jump ATL or NYJ. Who’s going to do that? I can’t imagine anyone is that in love with any of these WRs. 

This.  Plus there's a ton of premium talent at OT and Edge which will gobble up like 6 of the picks, then probably throw in a CB or two and there simply aren't enough teams left. 

23 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This.  Plus there's a ton of premium talent at OT and Edge which will gobble up like 6 of the picks, then probably throw in a CB or two and there simply aren't enough teams left. 

Agree. If I had to lay out a top 10 mock at the moment, I’d go something like this:

1. JAX - DE Aidan Hutchinson

2. NYG (trade) - OT Ikem Ekwonu

3. HOU - OT Evan Neal

4. NYJ - CB Sauce Gardner

5. DET - DE Travon Walker

6. CAR - QB Kenny Pickett

7. NYG - DE Kayvon Thibodeaux

8. ATL - WR Garrett Wilson

9. SEA - OT Charles Cross

10. NYJ - WR Drake London

A lot of premium position players. None of whom, aside from Sauce, gives me any particular excitement.

But it would leave us in an awfully interesting spot, with Willis, Stingley, Hamilton, and Jermaine Johnson all on the board. I’d bail, personally. Be looking at BAL (14), NO (16), and LAC (17) as preferred trade-down options. No chance that all of Hamilton, Stingley, Lloyd, and the 3 remaining WRs are off the board by those picks, because at least one of those teams is going to take Johnson and/or maybe Jordan Davis.

Would need a haul to drop down any lower, which would mean NO (19), PIT (20), and GB (22) would need to come correct if they wanted to get all the way up to 11. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah, I have a feeling that Garrett Wilson will go to the Jets or Falcons & London will go to the other one. I guess maybe Jameson Williams goes that high or infront of Olave but him coming off an ACL is a huge risk. I’d much rather take the 2nd round pick Jonathan Meiche who’s coming off an ACL.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I have a feeling that Garrett Wilson will go to the Jets or Falcons & London will go to the other one. I guess maybe Jameson Williams goes that high or infront of Olave but him coming off an ACL is a huge risk. I’d much rather take the 2nd round pick Jonathan Meiche who’s coming off an ACL.

I still just have a hard time believing Kyle Hamilton falls to our pick. Like, maybe the Jets take Garrett Wilson at 4 and then Hamilton with their next pick. It just seems unrealistic. 

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

Agree. If I had to lay out a top 10 mock at the moment, I’d go something like this:

1. JAX - DE Aidan Hutchinson

2. NYG (trade) - OT Ikem Ekwonu

3. HOU - OT Evan Neal

4. NYJ - CB Sauce Gardner

5. DET - DE Travon Walker

6. CAR - QB Kenny Pickett

7. NYG - DE Kayvon Thibodeaux

8. ATL - WR Garrett Wilson

9. SEA - OT Charles Cross

10. NYJ - WR Drake London

A lot of premium position players. None of whom, aside from Sauce, gives me any particular excitement.

But it would leave us in an awfully interesting spot, with Willis, Stingley, Hamilton, and Jermaine Johnson all on the board. I’d bail, personally. Be looking at BAL (14), NO (16), and LAC (17) as preferred trade-down options. No chance that all of Hamilton, Stingley, Lloyd, and the 3 remaining WRs are off the board by those picks, because at least one of those teams is going to take Johnson and/or maybe Jordan Davis.

Would need a haul to drop down any lower, which would mean NO (19), PIT (20), and GB (22) would need to come correct if they wanted to get all the way up to 11. 

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I still just have a hard time believing Kyle Hamilton falls to our pick. Like, maybe the Jets take Garrett Wilson at 4 and then Hamilton with their next pick. It just seems unrealistic. 

Idk fellas, I think the Jets could double up in the secondary with sauce and Hamilton, I think Atlanta may take a QB honestly

If Hamilton is there at 11 it would be very hard to pass on him but we need a trade to down badly to obtain some additional picks. Jameson, Burks and would be my targets. Would even pull the trigger on Hill if we trade down late in the first rd.  However with no trade down Wilson or Hamilton will do at 11. Interesting Kiper has 7 wr in the first rd.  

21 hours ago, lavar703 said:

It’s the draft, anything is possible