Resurrect the Baldies

Phire

Fellas,

With the forum update, hopefully with revamped interest I'm hoping to give out forum awards again. We missed last year, but participation was kind of borderline. I'm looking for some input on how we want to do this, or if we want to scrap it altogether (yes, that is an option). As usual, you the people decide.

More of Less Settled Things:

Hold during BYE week.
Each poster gets one ballot via PM to whoever is collecting it.
You do not have to vote for each category.
The poster with the most votes for each category will win.
Ties will be co-winners.

Unsettled Matters:

Reduce the amount of categories. I think the former format of 10-12 awards is too much. We were already stretching categories. I propose we reduce the amount of awards to something like five.

• MVP
  • Most Improved Poster
  • Most Independent Poster
  • Rookie of the Year ("Rookie" can be broad).
  • Best Non-Eagles Poster

Is my proposal. 

Let me know if there are any other changes we want, or if we want to scrap the whole thing.

5 may be too low...but we can definitely rein it in

Certain ones ran their course, like the Artist one...it was only ever 3 people competing. After me, one is gone forever and Kempes hasn't been around for awhile

I think we should keep the renamed It's Always Sunny Award for funniest poster and Ben Franklin for most Knowledgeable poster
It helps perpetuate what two things we want and are good at on our board.

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

we really dont have a lot of guys that post and dont really get a lot of new members anymore. Might just want to bury the whole thing.

That's a valid argument. That's why I propose setting the # of awards low. Even if we just wanted it to be the MVP award only, that's still something we could swing.

I feel like it's been the same 10-20 of us who have been posting here the past few years, which makes baldies almost redundant since it'd be practically same people getting same awards. Like have there been any new members in the last 2 or 3 years with ~10k posts? I've been pretty inactive too, at least in the offseason, can't recall my activity during the 2016 season. I blame Chip.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I feel like it's been the same 10-20 of us who have been posting here the past few years, which makes baldies almost redundant since it'd be practically same people getting same awards. Like have there been any new members in the last 2 or 3 years with ~10k posts? I've been pretty inactive too, at least in the offseason, can't recall my activity during the 2016 season. I blame Chip.

Yeah that's definitely a valid concern. I'm hoping this new site can draw new members. We always had tons of lurkers who for some reason didn't want to sign up. The season is still a long way, I'll do everything I can to get as many people signed up for this and make this place a solid place to discuss the Eagles again.

For example at this point a "favorite rival" award is and has been on shaky ground. It as the same two or three rivals. Unless we're cool with that. Those guys always seemed to really appreciate the nod.

8 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Like have there been any new members in the last 2 or 3 years with ~10k posts? I've been pretty inactive too, at least in the offseason, can't recall my activity during the 2016 season. I blame Chip.

That's been a problem across all of FF. Just the general lack of new members and it's a big reason why we have this new forum here now.

I think we should hold it after when ever our season ends, like how our own Eagles hand out awards and praises at the end of the year. The  "posting season" doesn't start till the actual season starts(then carries on to the draft, then it sorta recycles its self). And there is so much going on in the season that we should wait till right after its over and take it all in and the all the posting in. 

1 minute ago, Bednarik60 said:

I think we should hold it after when ever our season ends, like how our own Eagles hand out awards and praises at the end of the year. The  "posting season" doesn't start till the actual season starts(then carries on to the draft, then it sorta recycles its self). And there is so much going on in the season that we should wait till right after its over and take it all in and the all the posting in. 

That's an idea. We don't HAVE to have it during the BYE.

I just want to vote based on a good amount of posts in a certain time and a lot of our really good posters come on strong after the 2nd or 3rd week till  the season ends, then back again right around the draft week. That would give us like 3 months of heavy interaction with each other to base our vote on. 

Cause right now if you vote by the BYE week you would have to consider some of this off season post/summer time posting when its just been Deadsville, PA. 

Archived