Top 5 safeties in the NFL.

BroncoSojia

19 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think he's in the top 5, but Adrian Amos absolutely deserves at least an HM.

Yeah he's a pretty underrated player. BTW, whatever happened to Eddie Jackson, his former teammate? I don't hear much about him as I did in the past. Has his play fallen off?

4 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

Yeah he's a pretty underrated player. BTW, whatever happened to Eddie Jackson, his former teammate? I don't hear much about him as I did in the past. Has his play fallen off?

I think Eddie Jackson was a product of that 2018 defense having an insane amount of talent everywhere. He was able to just roam the field and got some gimme interceptions off of the great coverage & pass rush. He reminds me a lot of his running mate in 2019 HaHas career. Amos on that defense was probably the better player but played the less exciting safety position of the two. Jackson just seems extremely soft, not a great 1 on 1 coverage defender, and down right terrible in the box. 

• Like 1

Byard is a 2x 1st team all-pro and there’s actually people on here not putting him in their top 5…. Lol. Dudes the best safety in football right now and everyone’s favorite analytics group PFF agrees.

1.) Byard

2.) Simmons

3.) Bates

4.) Baker

5.) Hyde

Edited by ttitansfan4life

7 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Byard is a 2x 1st team all-pro and there’s actually people on here not putting him in their top 5…. Lol. Dudes the best safety in football right now and everyone’s favorite analytics group PFF agrees.

1.) Byard

2.) Simmons

3.) Bates

4.) Baker

5.) Hyde

Imagine not listing the best safety in Derwin James and then talking about others having bad list 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 6:07 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

1.) Byard

2.) Simmons

3.) Bates

4.) Baker

5.) Hyde

The irony of not including Minkah on your list when he's a 2x First Team All-Pro in only 4 years of playing and is the least targeted S in the league...

Probably one of the least dominant Safety Eras in the NFL that I can remember. But Minkah Fitzpatrick, Jessie Bates, Marcus Williams, Budda Baker, Justin Simmons, Antoine Winfield Jr., and Kevin Byard are the ones that come immediately to mind as great safeties. 

I hope Moehrig can eventually make this list as he had a fantastic rookie year and made the All Pro Rookie First Team. 

• Like 1