Stand on the Table!

ovfd55

1 minute ago, Troublez said:

It's relevant though.... Hamilton can play football. IDC what his 40 is, his instincts and reaction time is ELITE. That truped 4/10ths of a second all day long in pads.

When someone is being called a "generational" prospect by some draftniks then comes in and finishes 14th out of 15 in the 40 time at the combine, then follows that up with a 4.7 at his pro day it is a major concern. I have no doubt that Hamilton could play football at the college level.  I don't believe he has the ability to make a big impact at the NFL level for a whole list of reasons: his size, slow speed, lack of premium position. 

21 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

In doing 3 7 rounds mocks in the gm mock draft part of forum in last month,Feel like there is a lot of upside  later in draft but each guy has clea faults so its important for them to go to right team/scheme.So Don't feel like theres a lot of you know you getting a stud late day 2 early day 3 but some spots to hit.

Now I'd prefer if we traded back we got a pick next year as I think that gives you a better safety net if Wentz fails again.I don't feel like the 2nd round talent fits the needs of us enough.Feel most of 2nd round talent is Dline Oline or HB with a couple DBs thrown in

If we do trade down, I hope it's for the 2022 draft & not the 2023 draft.

Reason being is I believe when the dust settles on the Snyder Congressional hearings & investigations?

We're gonna get slammed with draft pick resources being taken away. I feel it coming.

I just hope it's after this draft. Maybe next yr, we can make the playoffs & our draft pick will be in the 20's so it will sting a little less when they strip it from us.

So, count that as reason #4 for me in trading down for this yrs picks, rather than next yrs.

Just food for thought.

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't think he's a "safe" pick at all.  Lately in drafts there always seems to be guys touted for being so "versatile" that they are considered to be very valuable. The latest one I can think of was Isaiah Simmons. All we hear is how these players can play a bunch of positions so they must be really good.  Except it rarely seems to work out that way. When you're talking depth, having a guy that can cover for you in a pinch in several different spots is valuable. But when you're talking starters, just give me the guy who's really freaking good at his position. 

I don’t consider him to be “versatile” in the sense that I want to have him play multiple positions. That’s an urge that the draftniks (and apparently some coaching staffs) feel, evidently, trying to find guys who have all this positional flex. But I don’t see why they couldn’t have just put Isaiah Simmons in at WLB and turned him loose, and I don’t see why anyone is talking about Hamilton as anything but a safety. 

He’s a really good safety. He’s just fine there — he hasn’t remotely struggled there and he doesn’t appear to need any help (like a Landon Collins or a Mark Barron), so I’m not sure where any push to change things would be coming from. It would be kinda like people saying that maybe Drake London should go higher (or lower) because he could also play a pretty good TE with his height, weight, frame, wingspan, and contested catch ability. Okay…but he’s really good at playing WR, so why would we spend time in fantasy land talking about him as a TE? That’s how all the Hamilton-as-LB talk makes me feel. 

When I say versatile, I mean it in the sense that he can pretty effectively do all the things you ask of the modern safety: he can play a deep half, he can easily play a deep third or quarters, he can run with TEs, he can play little robber zones, he can come up from depth and play the run, he can make impact plays if you walk him up to the LOS. I probably wouldn’t trust him to hold up consistently in single high deep zones or singled up on modern slot receivers, but I think he could certainly hold his own if he did it more sparingly.

He’s not Ed Reed or Earl Thomas playing centerfield over the top. I wish he was, but he isn’t. He’s not a real big hitter/intimidator like Sean was. He’s not going to run with slot guys like some converted CB. But he is an elite tackler, extremely rangy in all four directions, an absolute monster from a size and length standpoint, and probably (along with Nakobe Dean) the smartest/most instinctive player among the high-end defenders in this entire draft. And he just turned 21. 

His stock needed to be brought down a peg, and it has. He’s now clearly out of the 2-5 range where he was constantly being slotted for months during and immediately after the season, and now being looked at more in the 7-14 range. That’s a much more appropriate position for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

(along with Nakobe Dean)

I love Nakobe Dean think He's the Leader the defense could use. My fear is Del Rio wouldn't use/allow his blitzing instincts correctly. Multiple times on tape cuaght him call plays out to other defender and gone as soon as the ball snapped no hesitation at all see's and goes,Which I think Hesitation is a major flaw in Jamin Davis game that hopefully as he gets more confidence it'll correct it self.

I love Hamilton to though but I think if you told me we trade back into the 16-20 and range and get Dean with the caveat the Eagles don't have Hamilton fall into their laps, feels like getting Dean plus recouping some of the Wentz trade is best case draft for us. 

• Like 1

11th overall pick

CB Derek Stingley, Jr LSU - I think everyone is over analyzing Stingley. I guess K'Lavon Chaisson was a major reason for Stingley's success. Right.... I really don't think the team has a CB1 and his upside is too hard to ignore. NFL bloodlines. We have huge needs at MLB and WR but we have other draft picks. Stingley has a chill personality, so you can love that or hate it. Marshon Lattimore comp.

FS Kyle Hamilton, Notre Dame - Alpha male leader type. Yes, his forty wasn't great. But you have to take account that it is relative to his size. He's huge. He might not be able to play full time FS but I think he can get looks there, especially near the red zone. Harrison Smith comp. 

Trade down scenario: (late first)

MLB Devin Lloyd, Utah - I wish Devin Lloyd was there in last year's draft when we picked Jamin Davis at #19. He would have been perfect. I'm not sure Lloyd is a true MLB but I think he's a Zach Cunningham with better playmaking skills. 

OL Kenyon Green, Texas A&M - Kenyon Green is losing draft stock after his not so great combine but the fact he is huge and can play multiple OL positions is attractive. He would be a plug and play starter at RG for us. I would not be surprised to see Kenyon Green fall to our second round draft pick actually. I would love that. Taylor Moton comp. 

Second Round

OL Tyler Smith, Tulsa - Plays with a nasty demeanor and has position versatility at RG or RT I believe. I'm not sure he can play LT though. Tytus Howard comp. 

TE Trey McBride, Colorado St. - Not a lot of buzz on McBride after he didn't do drills at the combine and measured a little shorter than thought. He would add a dimension to this offense we don't have and he can line up in the slot.. Wentz has had great success throwing to TE's/bigger receivers. This isn't a deep class at TE and a TE-needy team could reach on McBride. Hunter Henry comp. 

RB Kenneth Walker, Michigan St. - Breece Hall stole the show at the combine but Walker was no slouch either. I think he plays a lot faster than Breece Hall. Marc Ingram comp.

WR Christian Watson, NDSU - I think everyone knows the team needs weapons and Watson could be the perfect WR2 compliment to Terry. He is used to running gadget plays/WR screens and could be a target for our offense. Watson could go as high as the first round however to a team like the Chiefs. Tyrell Williams comp. 

MLB Christian Harris - It might be a stretch to project Christian to MLB but he was a signal caller at Alabama. He would need to put on some weight to play MLB but not a lot of people are talking about him and there might be some prospect fatigue kicking in. Kwon Alexander comp.

Third Round

OL Sean Rhyan, UCLA - Ryan actually reminds me of Brandon Scherff. He plays OT in college but should kick in to guard in the pros. He's a road grader. 
OG Cole Strange, Chattanooga - Cole's draft stock has skyrocketed and I'm not sure I love his value now but maybe he falls to our fourth round pick. 

TE Jeremy Ruckert, Ohio St. - His production is concerning, but I like his size. Jace Sternberger comp. 

Third- Fourth Round

WR Khalil Shakir, Boise St. Shakir is my mid round WR gem. I don't see much of a difference between him and Chris Olave besides top end speed. Jeremy Maclin comp. 

Fourth Round

RB Tyler Allgeier, BYU - Big size running back with adequate speed

Sixth-Seventh Round

WR Erik Ezukama, Texas Tech - Decent YAC and size. 

I need to do more research on the late round prospects. 

Edited by taylor made
spelling
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, taylor made said:

RB Kenneth Walker, Michigan St. - Breece Hall stole the show at the combine but Walker was no slouch either. I think he plays a lot faster than Breece Hall. Marc Ingram comp.

I’ve been a big Breece Hall guy throughout the process, but I spent a lot of time with Kenneth Walker yesterday actually. And I came out really impressed. 

I still have some concerns, because RBs who really only have one year of big-time college production typically don’t fare that well in the league. But in fairness, he did show a lot of flashes of that talent level at Wake, although I do still find it concerning that they had him and didn’t see him as head and shoulders better than the chumps they gave the ball to more than him. The show he put on at MSU last year was definitely scintillating, though. 

The one area where I think Walker probably doesn’t get dinged enough is in the passing game. He actually seems like a decent pass catcher, but he’s not very natural about it and he has to take a moment to collect himself before turning it upfield. The bigger problem is in pass protection, where I think he’s genuinely bad. I’m wondering if that’s the reason he couldn’t stay on the field with Wake.

I would agree with your characterization that he plays “faster” than Breece. He runs with some urgency, tends to press the hole aggressively and pick out his cutbacks on the fly. Breece has something of a Le’Veon Bell type approach, where he’s very patient and tends to pause a little to let the blocks get set up before planting his foot and firing through the hole that develops. Of the two, I think I tend to prefer Walker’s style, especially if you’ve got quality run blocking (which we had last year at least). You can burn a lot of tackling angles with that kind of headlong beeline style, especially when you’re as fast as he is.

I don’t know that I see Mark Ingram as a comp though. I see the body type, a little bit, but Walker is so much faster (4.38 compared to 4.62) and such a breakaway threat. This is kind of a weird comp, because it’s such a unique and idiosyncratic player, but I kinda see Maurice Jones-Drew. Not as (humorously) short and stocky, but the same compact frame and the same dangerous combination of contact balance and home run speed.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, taylor made said:

WR Erik Ezukama, Texas Tech - Decent YAC and size. 

I need to do more research on the late round prospects.

This is a guy I was big on last year. I don’t really understand why he didn’t get much shine this year, he looked great on the cut-ups I saw from 2020. Like you said, good combination of size and run ability. Made a lot of plays for them. I’d be fine taking a shot on him late in the game, seems like there’s something there. 

• Like 2

On 4/18/2022 at 7:22 PM, e16bball said:

I don’t consider him to be “versatile” in the sense that I want to have him play multiple positions. That’s an urge that the draftniks (and apparently some coaching staffs) feel, evidently, trying to find guys who have all this positional flex. But I don’t see why they couldn’t have just put Isaiah Simmons in at WLB and turned him loose, and I don’t see why anyone is talking about Hamilton as anything but a safety. 

He’s a really good safety. He’s just fine there — he hasn’t remotely struggled there and he doesn’t appear to need any help (like a Landon Collins or a Mark Barron), so I’m not sure where any push to change things would be coming from. It would be kinda like people saying that maybe Drake London should go higher (or lower) because he could also play a pretty good TE with his height, weight, frame, wingspan, and contested catch ability. Okay…but he’s really good at playing WR, so why would we spend time in fantasy land talking about him as a TE? That’s how all the Hamilton-as-LB talk makes me feel. 

When I say versatile, I mean it in the sense that he can pretty effectively do all the things you ask of the modern safety: he can play a deep half, he can easily play a deep third or quarters, he can run with TEs, he can play little robber zones, he can come up from depth and play the run, he can make impact plays if you walk him up to the LOS. I probably wouldn’t trust him to hold up consistently in single high deep zones or singled up on modern slot receivers, but I think he could certainly hold his own if he did it more sparingly.

He’s not Ed Reed or Earl Thomas playing centerfield over the top. I wish he was, but he isn’t. He’s not a real big hitter/intimidator like Sean was. He’s not going to run with slot guys like some converted CB. But he is an elite tackler, extremely rangy in all four directions, an absolute monster from a size and length standpoint, and probably (along with Nakobe Dean) the smartest/most instinctive player among the high-end defenders in this entire draft. And he just turned 21. 

His stock needed to be brought down a peg, and it has. He’s now clearly out of the 2-5 range where he was constantly being slotted for months during and immediately after the season, and now being looked at more in the 7-14 range. That’s a much more appropriate position for him.

kevin connolly entourage GIF