Bottom 5 WR units in the league

Hunter2_1

Just now, -Hope- said:

it's not close. brown and woods are at minimum a top half of the league WR1/WR2 duo. our depth is awful, no question, but brown and woods pretty easily disqualify us from being a bottom tier group. still plenty of teams out there who don't even have a WR1 caliber player.

Woods is hard for me to quantify with the injury though, so I kinda thought that deserves a knock.

Add in our lack of TE talent (which you should if we're talking about a receiving corps rather than specifically players that are designated as WRs) and until I saw just how bad the worst was, I thought we were at least in the conversation.  But then I saw the names.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Happy to see the Eagles not in here yet. Feel like DeVonta, Quez and Pascal is prob average to below average. Although I will say Jalen Hurts is certainly a factor in that. He misses so many open guys. Quez should've had prob 300 more yards.

Post draft you guys might be in the 'above average' category. You guys are 1 more playmaker away from having a really solid passing stable when you include Goedart. 

On 4/19/2022 at 7:31 PM, NYRaider said:

Diontae Johnson is one of the best WR's in the league and Claypool is good as well. JuJu didn't even play last season, lol.

2 WRs do not make a WR corps. They have no one else worth mentioning on the WR roster right now with JuJu and RayRay walking. They just signed Myles Boykin who Baltimore of all teams let go!

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

How do people rate the 49ers' WR group without Deebo?

Pretty low. I think you have to really like Aiyuk and Jennings at their current depth chart spots, but bump them up to #1 and #2 respectively, and both seem underwhelming.

• Like 1

I'd say the contenders are: Falcons, Bears, Lions (I think Chark + St. Brown + Reynolds is going to beat the bottom 5 mark though), Packers, Colts (everything other than Pittman), Jaguars, Chiefs, Patriots, Saints (depending on how "back" Michael Thomas is), and Giants (when accounting for injuries like they all are always hurt eventhough all healthy it's a pretty good group it's literally never all healthy).

Falcons and Bears are locks.
I'd follow with Jaguars in third (Marvin Jones, Zay Jones, Christian Kirk and Laviska Shenault or Laquon Treadwell).
I'll give Packers fourth worst with Sammy Watkins, Allen Lazard, Randall Cobb and Amari Rodgers.
It's probably a 1 guy and oof team for the 5th slot. NEP has some potential behind Parker with their starters last year. Colts is looking real shallow behind Pittman having lost TY to retirement I think and Pascal to the Eagles. I think it's Parris Campbell who is always hurt and uh yeah like end of draft replacement level guys I think. Saints have some role players behind Thomas like Callaway and Harris were a possession and lightning duo which isn't awful awful. Chiefs ain't great but JuJu MVS Hardman and maybe Josh Gordon could piece something together, I'm also going to eliminate them because Kelce is a tie breaker. I'm thinking 5th is the Colts because not only does it sorta look like it's the Colts right now, but KC and GB have a lot of draft picks, and NE lacks the top end of Pittman but better group as a whole.

1. Falcons (Byrd, Hodge, Zaccheaus, Tate)
2. Bears (Mooney, Pringle, Dazz Newsome, E. St. Brown)
3. Jaguars (Marvin Jones, Zay Jones, Christian Kirk, Laquon Treadwell)
4. Packers (Sammy Watkins, Allen Lazard, Randall Cobb, Amari Rodgers)
5. Colts (Michael Pittman, Parris Campbell, Keke Coutee maybe? Mike Stachan had a lil hype last year in preseason maybe?)

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 6:39 PM, LinderFournette said:

jags have to be there somewhere.

Marvin Jones 

Christian "I RESET the WR Market" Kirk

Zay Jones

Laviska Shenault

Laquon Treadwell

Jamal Agnew

I typed them out. But I thought overall, it's probably slightly above those 5. Marginal though, I agree