a new mock

chargerbuckeye

If the Niners go offensive line in the first round, Nelson makes way more sense than Williams. The 49ers problems on the offensive line aren't at the tackle positions; Staley is still a very competent left tackle, and Trent Brown is one of the better right tackles in football in line for a massive contract extension this off season. I don't hate the offensive line pick, but I believe that the player has to be Nelson. Our interior line is awful. 

On 11/18/2017 at 1:17 AM, Forge said:

If the Niners go offensive line in the first round, Nelson makes way more sense than Williams. The 49ers problems on the offensive line aren't at the tackle positions; Staley is still a very competent left tackle, and Trent Brown is one of the better right tackles in football in line for a massive contract extension this off season. I don't hate the offensive line pick, but I believe that the player has to be Nelson. Our interior line is awful. 

Too early to take a guard. 

6 hours ago, chargerbuckeye said:

Too early to take a guard. 

So the alternative is to take an inferior prospect and change his position to that of the guy we bypassed who's legitimately one of the top 10 prospects in the draft? Because tackle isn't a problem right now, so if we draft him, he's playing guard. 

And since you have us picking at 5, thats definitely not too high. Especially in a division facing Aaron Donald and the Seahawks. Other guards have been drafted in this range.

On 11/19/2017 at 6:36 PM, Forge said:

So the alternative is to take an inferior prospect and change his position to that of the guy we bypassed who's legitimately one of the top 10 prospects in the draft? Because tackle isn't a problem right now, so if we draft him, he's playing guard. 

And since you have us picking at 5, thats definitely not too high. Especially in a division facing Aaron Donald and the Seahawks. Other guards have been drafted in this range.

I'm telling ya, staley is gonna hang his cleats up after this season

Archived