49ers WR Deebo Samuel requests trade

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, StevenK said:

I will say this, if we do get the 10 pick, I hope we don’t blatantly try and replace with a receiver right there. I have an odd feeling that it could be Drake London and it seems like a lot of ppl do not like him or think he will have a rough time separating in the NFL. I would either trade back and get Linderbaum or do they think Kyle Hamilton will fall to them? Maybe Jameson Williams, but he’s coming off the ACL. A little nervous! 

If we have the 10th pick, we better trade to the backend of the 1st round and pick up an extra early round pick.

I don’t wanna lose Deebo and I definitely don’t wanna lose him only to spend the #10 pick on a WR to replace him. 

if we lose Deebo, who is an important part of this team, I would like to trade back and fill holes to make the entire team more complete. That is the only way to really justify trading Deebo, not to go find the new Deebo, but to better our team at multiple positions.

yes, part of that would be to add another WR or two in this draft, one of which hopefully being early. But we can really solidify this team considering it’s a deep draft, not so much a 1st round/ top heavy draft

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 6

So he doesn't want to be in California to train with his team mates, but he does want to be there to party and hang out at restaurants? I'm at the point where I don't want him back.. Jets have already put 10 on the table, let's push for another pick or two on top of that and get it done.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adamq said:

So he doesn't want to be in California to train with his team mates, but he does want to be there to party and hang out at restaurants? I'm at the point where I don't want him back.. Jets have already put 10 on the table, let's push for another pick or two on top of that and get it done.. 

if we can get #10 and one of their 2nds, I would be happy with that. Keeping In mind I would still trade back from #10 to the late first and pick up and additional 2nd or 3rd. With that many picks in rounds 1-3, we could do some damage and really upgrade this team on a huge level.

if it’s just pick #10, which is all the Jets will offer IMO, I would be a little less excited. hard to turn down #10 and early picks for this year for a guy that doesn’t even want us to make an offer

• Like 3

I love that the real fans takes are coming out. The switch up is real. This has been a week...people acting like they have been dealing with this for 5 yrs. 😆 I hope he re-signs just to see the backtracking or the "I don't care I hate him now". Fans are really in their feelings. This is awesome...lol

50 minutes ago, sherm said:

To be clear there is not a player at #10 worth Deebo. 

I mean, Deebo is unlikely to replicate last year’s Deebo. Leading the NFL in yards per reception and yards per carry is unlikely no matter the player. He’ll regress a touch on the former, almost certainly. 18 yards per catch is bonkersville. The latter is part of being a dangerous wide receiver playing running back and part of him just being an excellently explosive runner. And he won’t take as many carries this year if he stays - we’ll want another running back to take the load off both him and Elijah Mitchell. We’ve brought in a lot of mid round running backs for just that purpose. Anyhow, yeah a rookie is highly unlikely to replicate even our expectations of Deebo for next year. Deebo and Aiyuk were both rough and not trusted with snaps for the first few games of their rookie years. But a rookie can eventually be well worth the starting job and bring his own strengths to the role. A rookie can be on a very cheap contract for 5 years, meaning that they are quite valuable even as a mediocre success because those extra dollars spread to the rest of the roster. It’s apples and oranges. Anyhow, the 10th overall pick isn’t what I’d prefer. The wide receivers I’d like at 10 don’t separate themselves so much from the ones I’d like at 20 or 25 or 32. And getting the latter leaves you with more picks. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, sherm said:

I love that the real fans takes are coming out. The switch up is real. This has been a week...people acting like they have been dealing with this for 5 yrs. 😆 I hope he re-signs just to see the backtracking or the "I don't care I hate him now". Fans are really in their feelings. This is awesome...lol

If he’s a niner I’ll root for him of course. But you act like judging him for the way he’s acting makes you not a “real fan”. He’s acting like a *****. Whether that means that this is the real Deebo or this behavior is uncharacteristic is yet to be seen. But the fact that people disagree with your stance doesn’t make it any less valid. 

I prefer high character guys on the team. Locker room guys. This kind of behavior divides the locker room and causes issues the next time someone else’s contract is due. Having a guy who is anti management is never good for the team. Sure, there’s a business side of it. But having a side show like this divides the team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sherm said:

I love that the real fans takes are coming out. The switch up is real. 

Yep.. we've seen this kind of behavior plenty of times before and I'd rather not have someone like that around. I was fine with him doing the normal OTA hold out and even him putting the 25M/yr number out there.. but once you publicly request a trade and say you flat out refuse to negotiate? To me he has crossed a line, put himself before the team, and needs to go.

We know there isn't any one player at 10 who will replace him, nobody has said that. Deebo's value will never be higher than it is right now, they should (and will) capitalize on that and ship him East

1 hour ago, sherm said:

Things like this always amuse me in some fashion. I don't care how he acts. If he can get his money, his location, he should . But I find the drama unfolding hilarious and that's what I'm here for

Sign him, trade him. I can justify either

• Like 2

1 hour ago, straighthate said:

I prefer high character guys on the team. Locker room guys. This kind of behavior divides the locker room.

Lol. A week ago he was our top playmaker...now he's dividing the locker room? Yeah the QB situation has the locker room all together though.

Jimmy G to the fans after all the vitriol he endured while acting with class:

0cd3d327-e1b4-4885-81de-9795bdee9fcb_tex

Naw I'm kidding. He probably couldn't care less, but it's funny to see a contingent of Niner Nation get nasty at one guy because he's not talented enough, and another guy because while talented, he's seemingly showing diva behavior and doesn't want to be here. 

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Things like this always amuse me in some fashion. I don't care how he acts. If he can get his money, his location, he should . But I find the drama unfolding hilarious and that's what I'm here for

Sign him, trade him. I can justify either

I'm with you. However it's plays out it plays out. But to now hate the guy for things others have said is crazy. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, sherm said:

I'm with you. However it's plays out it plays out. But to now hate the guy for things others have said is crazy. 

Me personally, I don’t hate the guy at all, he made his decision and I would ultimately like him back. But it also comes to a point where if he doesnt wanna be here, we may as we’ll capitalize while his value is high.

glass half full, we could substantially/potentially upgrade most if not all of our glaring needs with the picks we get for him. That’s a positive in my book 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, sherm said:

Lol. A week ago he was our top playmaker...now he's dividing the locker room? Yeah the QB situation has the locker room all together though.

No man, your context is a little off here. A week ago we didn’t know he was saying don’t make me an offer, demanding a trade, saying he only wanted to be used a certain way, and posting stuff on social media to try to be the biggest story of the off-season. Awesome guy on the field, but you don’t think other players get annoyed at turning on their tv and seeing stuff about a teammate not being happy? You don’t think there’s guys who would love to be in the role he’s in that are annoyed that he’s complaining? Have you ever been on a team where someone complained about the coaches and said they didn’t want to play there? It’s distracting as hell. 

We all want Deebo to be on the team. But I think we all want him to handle himself like a professional as he tries to get a new contract. Not act like TO or something. 

As for the QB situation, I fail to see where one has to do with the other. I didn’t say it doesn’t divide the locker room. Or are you saying only one thing can? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, adamq said:

Looked like he was meeting his marketing agent. Probably trying to make some money to stay afloat.