49ers WR Deebo Samuel requests trade

RaidersAreOne

"I checked in with people in the 49ers organization. They said John Lynch's words are very sincere, that in reality they couldn't break the huddle last year without Deebo Samuel. He was their team MVP. People I've talked to, that's how they speak of him. He's very highly thought of there, so they really do not want to trade him. They're not highly motivated to do so. It just comes down to, in the next 48 hours are they going to get a deal that they can't refuse before that first round. The New York Jets are motivated to get pass-catching help. They got the fourth and 10th overall picks; perhaps they could package something. There is interest, but I'm told even teams that have called believe that the 49ers are likely not going to deal him. The [Detroit] Lions have some interest. Green Bay Packers have a little bit of interest. Something has to give. I'm told Deebo Samuel is really dug in here, he wants to be out, so it just depends if the 49ers feel like this is going to get ugly before it gets better and let's move on."

Jeremy Fowler on sportscenter

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Im over the Deebo trade speculation as i think he will ultimately sign an extension with us.

I'm like 95 / 5 that he's staying and signing an extension now. The problem is that two of the most trustworthy sources in the business (Breer and Fowler) think that Deebo is just like locked in that he wants to be gone, so I can't completely remove the possibility. If it's a money issue still (which I've thought it has been the entire time) they can probably soothe that over regardless, but it's really hard to predict people's behaviors sometimes. 

But this certainly feels like a spot where the price is going to be too high for any team to really match. I feel like we are telling the jets that it will cost 10 + 35 or 38. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm like 95 / 5 that he's staying and signing an extension now. The problem is that two of the most trustworthy sources in the business (Breer and Fowler) think that Deebo is just like locked in that he wants to be gone, so I can't completely remove the possibility. If it's a money issue still (which I've thought it has been the entire time) they can probably soothe that over regardless, but it's really hard to predict people's behaviors sometimes. 

But this certainly feels like a spot where the price is going to be too high for any team to really match. I feel like we are telling the jets that it will cost 10 + 35 or 38. 

Money and maybe timing? Is it that he and his agent wanted to get paid by now but everyone knows we wait till the last min to extend players....

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Money and maybe timing? Is it that he and his agent wanted to get paid by now but everyone knows we wait till the last min to extend players....

Yes, this entire thing seems money motivated. I just can't understand why Deebo appears to be miffed about no offer yet. A new contract is a process, not an event. It takes time, patience and COMPROMISE. If he really is adamant about being traded though, NOW is the time. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Yes, this entire thing seems money motivated. I just can't understand why Deebo appears to be miffed about no offer yet. A new contract is a process, not an event. It takes time, patience and COMPROMISE. If he really is adamant about being traded though, NOW is the time. 

In fairness, we have no idea what he's upset about. I would guess it's money motivated, but can't say for sure. Even if it is money motivated, we don't know what the actual problem is (guarantees, total contract value, timing, etc) 

• Like 1

I actually value what DJ says because he's involved closely to the draft and obviously Deebo impacts a lot of things.

All this means is that they have gotten better offers in the last 24 or so hours and a deal can be made.

I hope he does not get moved but the way this FO has handled this offseason, nothing will surprise me lol....Just terrible all around. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I actually value what DJ says because he's involved closely to the draft and obviously Deebo impacts a lot of things.

All this means is that they have gotten better offers in the last 24 or so hours and a deal can be made.

I hope he does not get moved but the way this FO has handled this offseason, nothing will surprise me lol....Just terrible all around. 

Side note...am I the only one who absolutely loves Rich Eisen and his show? 

Its funny because I was not really an Eisen fan as a sportscenter anchor 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't watch much of it but do see interviews like this posted on YouTube and he's definitely a good interviewer. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I love Rich Eisen and his show….you are not the only one.

• Like 3

After all the Mac talk last year, this still hasn't really phased me at all. Honestly, I think that broke me lol. I haven't cared as much about anything related to sports since that point. I'm pretty much in lockstep with Forge. I still think its about money and will eventually work itself out but I acknowledge there is a chance and if it happens it happens.