49ers WR Deebo Samuel requests trade

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Perhaps they did. But this is a process of compromise. For him to behave like this instead of participate in the process of give and take is rather immature. 

And yes, I do realize it is all conjecture and assumption. We don't know enough. We are also not likely to learn much more. This is my perception of the situation. 

100% agree with you.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Having Jimmy on our roster in my mind halted any other free agent signing……I didn’t care if he was traded or released lol and as for Deebo….i have a feeling our front office came in with a lowball offer that set this whole thing off.

Funny enough releasing him now would halt us more than keeping him does. is it a shame we haven't traded him thus far? Sure thing but releasing him now only costs us in the long run.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Let me get this straight: So despite the fact that Deebo won't talk to anyone about this and the fact that his agent also represents MClauren, DK and AJ, it is entirely our FO's fault?

Not getting that at all. 

And why won't Deebo talk to the team anymore and why did he all of a sudden want to get traded? How did it get to THAT point where Deebo got so upset?

I'll wait for your answer(s)....................

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And why won't Deebo talk to the team anymore and why did he all of a sudden want to get traded? How did it get to THAT point where Deebo got so upset?

He’s watched too much tv and now he’s afraid of earthquakes 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But this is a process of compromise. For him to behave like this instead of participate in the process of give and take is rather immature. 

And yes, I do realize it is all conjecture and assumption. We don't know enough. We are also not likely to learn much more. This is my perception of the situation. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Even if they did come to him with a lowball offer, it's called NEGOTIATIONS for a reason. If him and his agent didn't expect the Niners to come in low they just haven't been paying attention to how this FO works. 

And even if he was butt hurt by the offer. You don't pick up your ball and go home. Frank Gore gave a interview recently on what happened when him and Drew R. were negotiationing first extension with us. He said he was so offended by the offer, him and his agent got up and walked out of the room. He didn't demand a trade. He simply said call us when you're serious. This is part of the business. I understand being triggered that they don't feel like you're worth it. But demanding a trade just reeks of media leverage and bush league negotiationing tactics.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

But this is a process of compromise. For him to behave like this instead of participate in the process of give and take is rather immature. 

So you do agree the FO was part of the problem here? They contributed to Deebo acting this way? They are part of the reason Jimmy is still on the roster? They are part of the reason why our OL looks so damn shaky, especially with Mack's retirement possibly be imminent?

Glad you agree with me! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Even if they did come to him with a lowball offer, it's called NEGOTIATIONS for a reason. If him and his agent didn't expect the Niners to come in low they just haven't been paying attention to how this FO works. 

And even if he was butt hurt by the offer. You don't pick up your ball and go home. Frank Gore gave a interview recently on what happened when him and Drew R. were negotiationing first extension with us. He said he was so offended by the offer, him and his agent got up and walked out of the room. He didn't demand a trade. He simply said call us when you're serious. This is part of the business. I understand being triggered that they don't feel like you're worth it. But demanding a trade just reeks of media leverage and bush league negotiationing tactics.

Well, whatever they did....It was enough to totally tick him off and lead up to demanding a trade?

So yes, they are part of disaster situation we are in right now with Deebo.

Are you disagreeing with this part of my post that Chris has a problem with:

I hope he does not get moved but the way this FO has handled this offseason, nothing will surprise me lol....Just terrible all around. 

?

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

So you do agree the FO was part of the problem here? They contributed to Deebo acting this way? They are part of the reason Jimmy is still on the roster? They are part of the reason why our OL looks so damn shaky, especially with Mack's retirement possibly be imminent?

Glad you agree with me! 

Definitely agree on the Oline!

However, the Deebo situation? Like I said: it's a process! It's not even 3 months into the offseason. When was the last time we ever worked a new deal with a current player before the summer arrived? Kittle and Warner were both Summer or later. Deebo is being petulant. Did they lowball him? That's possible; even probable. But it is a process. He is acting like it should happen over night. 

Jimmy made things difficult with his delayed surgery. They can share the blame there. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, whatever they did....It was enough to totally tick him off and lead up to demanding a trade?

So yes, they are part of disaster situation we are in right now with Deebo.

Are you disagreeing with this part of my post that Chris has a problem with:

?

It is entirely Deebo's right to not play for the niners anymore. It is entirely his right to ask for a trade. However, the front office doesn't control Deebo's emotions, and can't control if he feels affronted or not. Every one of his highly paid teammates has said he needs to be patient.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

He isn't required to negotiate the way you would prefer him to. He has every right to look at the market and see guys getting paid a ton and realize his impact on this team was far superior to any of the others getting paid. If he was low balled after playing like he did and taking the added abuse he did, why should he be willing to negotiate?

1 minute ago, Ftn49 said:

It is entirely Deebo's right to not play for the niners anymore. It is entirely his right to ask for a trade. However, the front office doesn't control Deebo's emotions, and can't control if he feels affronted or not. Every one of his highly paid teammates has said he needs to be patient.

The last sentence is what I've been saying as well...Not disagreeing with that. But that doesn't take away from my point. I just think people are arguing to argue right now. How can anyone say this hasn't been a terrible offseason? 

1. Sign Deebo and Bosa to long-term deals (Has not happened, and one of them is possibly to be traded within 48 hours)

2. Get rid of Jimmy G and free up 25M, or now 17.5M until a team signs him (Has not happened and will not happen until training camp when free agency will all but be over by then)

3. Shore up some OL question marks (We will be relying on unproven rookies or 2nd year players and now will likely have a void at C with Mack's potential retirement)

Sure we got some DL depth, but a lot of them are JAGs....Got Ward at corner which I'm a fan of so props there. Aside from that? We have done very little. I'm sorry, but to ME, this has been terrible all around. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The last sentence is what I've been saying as well...Not disagreeing with that. But that doesn't take away from my point. I just think people are arguing to argue right now. How can anyone say this hasn't been a terrible offseason? 

1. Sign Deebo and Bosa to long-term deals (Has not happened, and one of them is possibly to be traded within 48 hours)

2. Get rid of Jimmy G and free up 25M, or now 17.5M until a team signs him (Has not happened and will not happen until training camp when free agency will all but be over by then)

3. Shore up some OL question marks (We will be relying on unproven rookies or 2nd year players and now will likely have a void at C with Mack's potential retirement)

Sure we got some DL depth, but a lot of them are JAGs....Got Ward at corner which I'm a fan of so props there. Aside from that? We have done very little. I'm sorry, but to ME, this has been terrible all around. 

I've been irritated about the interior Oline (Also free safety) since Shanny and Lynch have got here but they seem to win without it. I guess the other part about it that makes me not get up in arms is that it isn't over yet. Lets see how this weekend shakes out and maybe freak out then.

• Like 2