49ers WR Deebo Samuel requests trade

RaidersAreOne

28 minutes ago, John232 said:

So if we get 13..do we go Kyle Hamilton, Lineman, receiver?

Kyle Hamilton would be a very nice fit and value. However, getting a starting caliber wide receiver in the 60s would not. We'd have to supplement in FA or with another trade, I'd guess. It's why I prefer the trade packages with more picks - we have a few needs that require starter or near starter caliber players, but none that really require difference makers. We have plenty of difference makers. Strong safety is the first. Center if Mack is gone. There should be strong candidate at both tackle and guard to challenge our weak incumbents and injured returning starter. Nickel corner is a possibility, but not a must. We could use an infusion of cost-controlled talent just about everywhere. 

Edited by JIllg
brain fart
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

Surely John and Kyle are not just gonna give in and trade him away without putting up a fight..

We’re lucky we know this ahead of the draft. If we want to make a move, we should be doing it now or on drsft day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DTMW78 said:

Say you get those picks, who do you take?? 

Too early to say because I don't know then entire situation such as whether or not Mack is coming back, etc. 

I'd be looking at something like...

Moore / Burks with one pick

Brisker / Cine / Linderbaum with a pick. I'd even consider trading 61 and 69 to get to to like 40 and making sure I get two of these guys. 

That would be huge. 

Then you supplement at 105 and beyond. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't want 13. This draft kind of sucks. I'd much, much rather have 35 and 38 plus 69

Agree entirely. I think the package would be just the two seconds though, given the trade request. Maybe with fringe value pick, but 69 is basically a second rounder.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Too early to say because I don't know then entire situation such as whether or not Mack is coming back, etc. 

I'd be looking at something like...

Moore / Burks with one pick

Brisker / Cine / Linderbaum with a pick. I'd even consider trading 61 and 69 to get to to like 40 and making sure I get two of these guys. 

That would be huge. 

Then you supplement at 105 and beyond. 

Moore/Watson with Burks as a fallback and then Linderbaum,  Jaquan Brisker, Lewis Cine, Tyler Smith or maybe Jalen Pitre or Daxton Hill with the other. Make sure to supplement with a gadget guy like Velus Jones later to have another shot at the apple (and fill the 5th receiver slot). The usual suspects with the other picks grabbing what we don't didn't pick up early on.

Edited by JIllg
Added Cine

3 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Moore/Watson with Burks as a fallback and then Linderbaum,  Jaquan Brisker, Lewis Cine, Tyler Smith or maybe Jalen Pitre or Daxton Hill with the other. Make sure to supplement with a gadget guy like Velus Jones later to have another shot at the apple (and fill the 5th receiver slot). The usual suspects with the other picks grabbing what we don't didn't pick up early on.

I have Watson much, much lower. I'd be okay with taking him at 61 and still wouldn't love it.