49ers WR Deebo Samuel requests trade

RaidersAreOne

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

And we have seen teams trade for injured players before and be fine with it. Deebo isn't going to fail a physical lol… Unless he has been hiding something from even the team for some time. 

There could also be something he's unaware of. There is a reason that physicals are written into the trade agreements. No, he most likely isn't going to fail a physical. Wilson likely wasn't going to fail one either...still had to have one done. 

Whether he has to pass a physical shouldn't even be up for debate...how it's handled in this specific situation is the question. I cannot remember a time where a player of this caliber for this expected cost was traded on draft day, so I have no idea how that particular part of this works. 

Personally, I think if the deal involves #10, it's already done. Maybe he's already taken his physical. Buckner knew well in advance that he had already been traded before it was announced. Could easily be similar situation here and the deal is worked out and not announced. 

Just now, 9erFreak77 said:

If that trade happens id feel very sorry for Jets fans everywhere…..that would would be blatant misuse of draft picks.

I'd be happy with it as a 49ers fan. 

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Forge said:

@Broncofan

Do you know how trades of players during the draft is handled with regards to a physical? Its definitely going to be in the trade agreement...I imagine that when mid round picks are involved, there is recourse to just give back a different mid round pick if the player doesn't pass the physical. How would that work if #10 were involved this year for Deebo? I'd imagine he would have to pass the physical first unless the Jets are okay with just waiving it (unlikely to impossible, I would imagine?). But you can't just give back a pick like #10 overall? 

There’s no recent precedent but I expect the deals are not official until physicals are passed so the league would expect teams to rework compensation in the case of failed physicals.   But the picks wouldn’t likely go back obv.   Really it happens so rarely not much history to go off. 

• Like 1

My guess is he goes nowhere.

The trade request was just a play by his agent to make sure he gets his new deal now and not when his rookie deal is up.

Deebo just had the best season he's ever had so it makes sense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

My guess is he goes nowhere.

The trade request was just a play by his agent to make sure he gets his new deal now and not when his rookie deal is up.

Deebo just had the best season he's ever had so it makes sense.

Agree,  I think he goes nowhere. In fact, I doubt that it was ever really as close to getting done as some of these talks make it seems like (and I don't think the talks make it seem like it was ever pretty close lol) 

• Like 2

So it seems like the Jets are bidding against themselves at this point? I guess if they badly want him, they will make sure it gets done but if they want to play hard ball, then it's not going to happen.

At this point, I have no idea what is going to happen. Still hope we can make it work with Deebo and give him what he wants by training camp. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So it seems like the Jets are bidding against themselves at this point? I guess if they badly want him, they will make sure it gets done but if they want to play hard ball, then it's not going to happen.

At this point, I have no idea what is going to happen. Still hope we can make it work with Deebo and give him what he wants by training camp. 

They are the ones that keep getting mentioned, but that's kind of one of the reasons I don't believe any of the talk at all. 

I'm like 80 / 20 he stays 

• Like 1