49ers WR Deebo Samuel requests trade

RaidersAreOne

18 hours ago, StevenK said:

I don’t understand what he’s implying. Is he saying we will pay him too much or that he will be traded because someone will be willing to pay him more? 

I still personally think he will get his money from SF, but it will take sometime. We would look really dumb to trade him now, Lynch would be fired ASAP if it plays out that way. 

Just seems like click bait to me.

Now that the draft is over these guys will write anything to try and drum up clicks... Deebo will be here this season unless he sits out

• Like 1

As much as I hate talking about the drama that is going on between Deebo and the Niners, Deebo liked an Instagram story that came out today that had Lynch saying Deebo is going to be part of the Niners organization and will not be traded.

Soooo I hope that means Deebo is comfortable with coming to the table soon and discussing contracts. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StevenK said:

As much as I hate talking about the drama that is going on between Deebo and the Niners, Deebo liked an Instagram story that came out today that had Lynch saying Deebo is going to be part of the Niners organization and will not be traded.

Soooo I hope that means Deebo is comfortable with coming to the table soon and discussing contracts. 

I took the trade request as: pay me X, or trade me to a team who will pay me X

If this is true, John Lynch saying deebo will stay would probably be interpreted by deebo to mean the niners are willing to meet his contract demands 

So, I can understand why he would like lynch making that statement publicly. 

I don't think paraag has truly come to the negotiating table as of yet. He likes to wait and see if the player will cave. I would bet he doesn't like John saying these types of things publicly. 

It's possible there is a bit of a power struggle going on behind the scenes. Perhaps the deebo situation is a symptom of it, and not a cause 

16 hours ago, N4L said:

I took the trade request as: pay me X, or trade me to a team who will pay me X

If this is true, John Lynch saying deebo will stay would probably be interpreted by deebo to mean the niners are willing to meet his contract demands 

So, I can understand why he would like lynch making that statement publicly. 

I don't think paraag has truly come to the negotiating table as of yet. He likes to wait and see if the player will cave. I would bet he doesn't like John saying these types of things publicly. 

It's possible there is a bit of a power struggle going on behind the scenes. Perhaps the deebo situation is a symptom of it, and not a cause 

I have a crazy theory. Deebo's agent needed someone to cause chaos. He knew the niners weren't negotiating until after the draft. So the instagram stuff and trade request was just pressure, in case the FO would bite and start negotiating early. BUT (and here's the consipiracy theory), the agent could then go to other teams like the Titans, the Seahawks and the Commanders and say : "Look guys, you see what's happening with Deebo? Do you really want to make it a circus?", and by applying pressure with one player, he managed to put pressure on 4 teams. The Titans looked at their options, and felt their best shot was to trade AJ Brown, not pay him, and draft his clone instead. 

Whether or not Deebo ever truly wanted to get traded, I think there was some pagentry there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

I have a crazy theory. Deebo's agent needed someone to cause chaos. He knew the niners weren't negotiating until after the draft. So the instagram stuff and trade request was just pressure, in case the FO would bite and start negotiating early. BUT (and here's the consipiracy theory), the agent could then go to other teams like the Titans, the Seahawks and the Commanders and say : "Look guys, you see what's happening with Deebo? Do you really want to make it a circus?", and by applying pressure with one player, he managed to put pressure on 4 teams. The Titans looked at their options, and felt their best shot was to trade AJ Brown, not pay him, and draft his clone instead. 

Whether or not Deebo ever truly wanted to get traded, I think there was some pagentry there. 

I also suspected something of this nature as well.  The other benefit to deebo in this scenario is that lesser WR in the same class that he came from are making more money in their contracts.  Now deebos agent and go to the niners and pressure them to pay what he is "worth" because hollywood brown just got 4 years 100 mil, and deebo deservers more than hollywood.  Deebo helped him self and his agent with this maneuver.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GW21 said:

Does Frankie know something we don’t? 

It's possible I guess, but to me this reads like Gore is trying to help that man get paid while also trying to rally the fanbase around Deebo. Gore is beloved by basically everyone.

There are a lot of people who think Deebo is a diva, which just isnt true. I think Gore is trying to have some positive headlines out there about him. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

It's possible I guess, but to me this reads like Gore is trying to help that man get paid while also trying to rally the fanbase around Deebo. Gore is beloved by basically everyone.

There are a lot of people who think Deebo is a diva, which just isnt true. I think Gore is trying to have some positive headlines out there about him. 

We all know about Gore’s story about his negotiation by this point. I wonder if Jed asked him to talk to Deebo to help get him back on board?

Probably not, but I know Frank and Jed are still close and maybe having a respected guy like Frank talk to Deebo, who’s going through this the first time, would really help put things in perspective for Samuel. 

4 hours ago, GW21 said:

We all know about Gore’s story about his negotiation by this point. I wonder if Jed asked him to talk to Deebo to help get him back on board?

Probably not, but I know Frank and Jed are still close and maybe having a respected guy like Frank talk to Deebo, who’s going through this the first time, would really help put things in perspective for Samuel. 

Frank needs a job in our organization….love Frank l!!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, GW21 said:

Does Frankie know something we don’t? 

If this is in reference to Deebo getting a contract extension soon? Then no, highly doubt he posted this because of that. Frankie G just loves the Niners and always supports the team.

A deal with Deebo will almost surely get done but it's not getting done for a few more months. 

• Like 1