1st Round Mock - No Trades

Madmike90

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

That was a pick I really went back and forth on...in some ways the Titans should be in win now mode and add a playmaker on either side of the ball...Nakobe Dean was a guy I really considered who could be good behind that front...but I just can't get away from thinking the majority of that core is young and could be competitive for years to come but can I really see a Superbowl win behind Tannehill? The answer to that is no...Corral isn't a perfect prospect by any stretch but he does have a lot of natural talent...on a run first team could he have that little more playmaking ability long term to get the Titans over the hill? Maybe...I just felt it was worth the risk that late give the positional value.

I can’t say it’s something they wouldn’t do. I don’t know what their real plans at QB are or how they value the QBs.

I personally don’t like Corrall as a prospect, so I don’t want them to do that, but it’s definitely possible that that is the direction they go.

Nakobe Dean though is a pick that would make no sense at all. They have two starting off the ball linebackers that are very good, and spent a third last year on Rice, who looked solid as a thumper in limited reps. Absolutely zero need at that position.

17 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Actually it's pretty overwhelming that most fans in the ATL don't want a qb this year.  Every person who calls in on the radio stations around here and post of forums. Prefer not to go qb or wr in the 1st this year. So they would be going against the bulk of the fan base doing this lol.  As said it's very possible they do take one but it's not what will make the fan base happy this draft over other things like edge rushers or lineman which most of us want. 

I guess most fans see what teams with a QB see...these guys just aren't great prospects especially compared to next years class.

17 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I can’t say it’s something they wouldn’t do. I don’t know what their real plans at QB are or how they value the QBs.

I personally don’t like Corrall as a prospect, so I don’t want them to do that, but it’s definitely possible that that is the direction they go.

Nakobe Dean though is a pick that would make no sense at all. They have two starting off the ball linebackers that are very good, and spent a third last year on Rice, who looked solid as a thumper in limited reps. Absolutely zero need at that position.

Interesting...I figured losing Jayon Brown would have hurt more especially on passing downs...what would you say the Titans needs are?

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Interesting...I figured losing Jayon Brown would have hurt more especially on passing downs...what would you say the Titans needs are?

Jayon was great, but he was overtaken by David Long, who might be the best LB on the team now (even considering Cunningham).  He essentially fills the same role Jayon had.

Biggest needs are a No. 2 WR, a starting TE, a starting LG/RT (the other spot likely to be Dillon Radunz), and a third S.  Better depth at CB, OT, IOL, and Edge are needs too.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Jayon was great, but he was overtaken by David Long, who might be the best LB on the team now (even considering Cunningham).  He essentially fills the same role Jayon had.

Biggest needs are a No. 2 WR, a starting TE, a starting LG/RT (the other spot likely to be Dillon Radunz), and a third S.  Better depth at CB, OT, IOL, and Edge are needs too.

Next OT I have on my board is Tyler Smith who could fit either LG or RT...think I will make that switch...thanks man 👍

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Next OT I have on my board is Tyler Smith who could fit either LG or RT...think I will make that switch...thanks man 👍

No need.  The Titans very well might target a QB, which is why I didn't attack your mock for being unreasonable.  I don't want them to go in that direction, but I could see a scenario where they definitely could go that direction.

Tyler Smith seems like a possible pick for sure though.  Any of the OLs that are going in that area would be fits, really.

But a QB also makes sense if the one they like enough is there.

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I guess for me part of the thinking was giving the fan base something to hold on too...I think everyone can see ATL will struggle next year and it is a tough sell to most fans to not atleast try and get a talented QB now who can compete...I completely agree with you that no QB is a top 20 talent in this draft but every year we see these guys getting pushed up down to just simple supply and demand...if Willis is the pick for you guys I hope he does well...he seems like a really good kid and ATL deserve some better times.

He's basically what Vick would have been with an additional 15 lbs of muscle, the ability to come in and already know how to read a defense and the personality that would make him succeed. Vick never had the personality until he was humbled in jail. I love the pick of Willis.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I guess most fans see what teams with a QB see...these guys just aren't great prospects especially compared to next years class.

And for the last 15 years, we've known who the QB was going to be. This is uncharted territory for the Falcons fan base.

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Not only that but we also have seen for 15 years that a top tier QB in Ryan even as great as he was. Wasn't good enough to get the job done by himself without a O-line or D-line to help him out.   So if a great QB isn't good enough to get it done then why would we think a rookie QB will do any better without us having a defense or o-line to protect him or a lead.   Were tired of building the team outside in with skill position and flashy stuff and we want to go either true BPA or to build the line and defense 1st and then put a QB there to give him the best chance to succeed.   The worst thing you can do is ruin a young QB by throwing him to the wolves and expect him to fix everything without support in the trenches or a defense to keep him in games.

29 KC Andrew Booth Jr CB Clemson
30 KC Jahan Dotson WR Penn St

You fall in the same trap most do. Best DB does not mean best CB. Dax Hill over any of the CB. Neither is correct. Edge is the driving force of the draft. The team can take either Hill or Dotson (or Christian Watson) but the other choice needs to be for pass rush. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

29 KC Andrew Booth Jr CB Clemson
30 KC Jahan Dotson WR Penn St

You fall in the same trap most do. Best DB does not mean best CB. Dax Hill over any of the CB. Neither is correct. Edge is the driving force of the draft. The team can take either Hill or Dotson (or Christian Watson) but the other choice needs to be for pass rush. 

To be honest I wanted to go edge here but just felt Booth Jr was too good a value pick at what is still a position of need...the only other edge I have a 1st round grade on was David Ojabo but that obvious comes with it's own issues.

I really love Zion Johnson.  Before free agency, he was at the top of my board of realistic prospects for the Bengals.  But then along cam free agency.  Karras, Cappa and Collins were signed.  L:ast year, we drafted Jackson Carman, D'ante Smith and Trey Hill.  We already had Jonah Williams.  Point being, the only OL guy I can see them possibly taking at 31 is Linderbaum, and I'm not sure they'd take him if he was there, depending on who else is available.  Plus, I had Zion rated higher on my board.  

So I think DBs and 3ts are far more likely.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I really love Zion Johnson.  Before free agency, he was at the top of my board of realistic prospects for the Bengals.  But then along cam free agency.  Karras, Cappa and Collins were signed.  L:ast year, we drafted Jackson Carman, D'ante Smith and Trey Hill.  We already had Jonah Williams.  Point being, the only OL guy I can see them possibly taking at 31 is Linderbaum, and I'm not sure they'd take him if he was there, depending on who else is available.  Plus, I had Zion rated higher on my board.  

So I think DBs and 3ts are far more likely.  

DB was the other position I figured you guys could be in on but figured you guys would do anything to keep Burrow upright...I see Collins at RT..Cappa at RG...Karras at C & Williams at LT...Carman was a high round pick but Zion is in a different league IMO and with Carman's experience at both guard and OT he would become the 6th linemen...

In terms of 3 tech I figure Ogunjobi could end up back with you guys after the draft since there is a comfort level on both sides.

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

To be honest I wanted to go edge here but just felt Booth Jr was too good a value pick at what is still a position of need...the only other edge I have a 1st round grade on was David Ojabo but that obvious comes with it's own issues.

BPA is a good argument for Booth but that leaves Dotson who is not as good a value. Ojabo is a medical downgrade so you were right there. Ebiketie was on the board and don't be afraid to go DT, particularly the the tall ones like Leal or Hall. Spagnuolo likes DE/DT.

TBH, I think they trade one or both picks. #30 is a prime target for a QB needy team, since Detroit is at #32. Anyone in the top part of the second round would work. 

5 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

BPA is a good argument for Booth but that leaves Dotson who is not as good a value. Ojabo is a medical downgrade so you were right there. Ebiketie was on the board and don't be afraid to go DT, particularly the the tall ones like Leal or Hall. Spagnuolo likes DE/DT.

TBH, I think they trade one or both picks. #30 is a prime target for a QB needy team, since Detroit is at #32. Anyone in the top part of the second round would work. 

This is where this draft gets so interesting because for me Dotson is solid value there and IMO is mostly underrated where as I think Ebiketie is being overrated haha...

DL would be an interesting one for you guys next to Chris Jones...

I do agree that there is a strong likelihood one of those picks get traded.