vonte davis

3rivers

There is no point. We have Burns and Haden starting on the outside and Hilton and Sutton are not going anywhere. Unless they have always planned on cutting Haden after the season and Davis would be cheaper...but even then, I would think they would have their eyes towards third round Sutton taking a crack at the starting job. 

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

There is no point. We have Burns and Haden starting on the outside and Hilton and Sutton are not going anywhere. Unless they have always planned on cutting Haden after the season and Davis would be cheaper...but even then, I would think they would have their eyes towards third round Sutton taking a crack at the starting job. 

This^

I don't think they are going to mess with the CBs right now.  They finally found someone who works well within our scheme.  (Haden) Steelers aren't in the habit of taking on damaged goods anyway.  Barring any injuries, I'm sure they want to see what Sutton can do before they start making roster moves.  I think we are done signing players for this year.   Roll with what we got.  

On 11/10/2017 at 8:29 AM, warfelg said:

I wouldn't.  Our secondary is one of the best in the NFL right now.  Bringing in Vontae, who's going to miss the rest of the season anyways, isn't going to help much.

I dont think our secondary is one of the best....regardless of the stats.     I think its a combo of playing mostly average AT BEST QBs and our pass rush being pretty good.   

Dont get me wrong, I think our secondary is the best its been in years and Haden and Hilton have been very nice additions, but my issue is mainly with the safeties.    Mike Mitchell is absolutely awful and Sean Davis is JAG.   

Bottom line....our CBs are fine, so I agree about Vontae.  Couldnt afford him anyway, plus he wouldnt play the rest of the year either.     We need safety help in the worst way, though.   

17 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I dont think our secondary is one of the best....regardless of the stats.     I think its a combo of playing mostly average AT BEST QBs and our pass rush being pretty good.   

Dont get me wrong, I think our secondary is the best its been in years and Haden and Hilton have been very nice additions, but my issue is mainly with the safeties.    Mike Mitchell is absolutely awful and Sean Davis is JAG.   

Bottom line....our CBs are fine, so I agree about Vontae.  Couldnt afford him anyway, plus he wouldnt play the rest of the year either.     We need safety help in the worst way, though.   

dvoa says otherwise

On 2017-11-11 at 5:49 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Vonte would be a next year signing, and he would start opposite Haden with Artie playing the slot in nickel.  It also allows for depth, which as we just learned today, can also be required at the CB position:( In this league, I see 3 good CB's as a requirement.

Archived