Ace's 1st Rd final Mock Draft: Prediction 💯--Jags trade away #1 pick & Arizona trades QB Kyler Murray! 😁

aceinthehouse

2022 NFL draft

Round 1

1)New York Giants (from Chicago Bears & TRADE w/Jacksonville #1 overall & #65 3rd round pick) Selection: DE Aidan Hutchinson

2) Detroit Lions--Selection: Edge Kayvon Thibodeaux

3) Houston Texans--Selection OT Evan Neal

4) New York Jets-- CB Sauce Gardner

5) Jacksonville Jaguars TRADE w/Giants--OT  Ickey Ekwonu

6) Arizona Cardinals (TRADE QB Kyler Murray to Carolina Panthers for #6 overall, RB Christian McCaffrey & #137 pick in round 4)--Selection: QB Malik Willis

7) Jacksonville Jaguars TRADE w/Giants--Selection: SAF Kyle Hamilton

😎 Atlanta Falcons--WR Garrett Wilson

9) Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos)Selection: DE Travon Walker

10) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks) Selection: WR Jameson Williams

11) New Orleans Saints (from Indianapolis Colts through Philadelphia Eagles, TRADE w/Washington #16, #19 for #11 & #47 2nd rounder)Selection: CB Derek Stingley Jr.

12) Minnesota Vikings--Selection OT Charles Cross

13) Houston Texans (from Cleveland Browns)--Selection: CB Trent McDuffie

14) Baltimore Ravens--Selection DE Jermaine Johnson II

15) Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami Dolphins)--Selection: OG Kenyon Green

16) Washington Commanders TRADE w/Saints--Selection: WR Treylon Burks

17) Los Angeles Chargers--Selection OC Tyler Linderbaum

18) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans Saints)--Selection: WR Chris Olave

19) Washington Commanders TRADE w/Saints-- Selection: LB Devin Lloyd

20) Pittsburgh Steelers-- DT Jordan Davis

21) New England Patriots--Selection LB Nakobe Dean

22) Green Bay Packers (from Las Vegas Raiders)--Selection WR Drake London

23) Arizona Cardinals--Selection: Edge David Ojabo

24) Dallas Cowboys--Selection OT Trevor Penning

25) Buffalo Bills--Selection RB Breece Hall

26) Tennessee Titans--OT Burnhard Raimann

27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers--Selection: Edge Boye Mafe

28) Green Bay Packers--Selection OG Zion Johnson

29) Kansas City Chiefs (from San Francisco 49ers through Miami Dolphins)--Selection Edge George Karlaftis

30) Kansas City Chiefs--Selection CB Kaiir Elam

31) Cincinnati Bengals--Selection: SAF Jaquan Brisker

32) Detroit Lions (from Los Angeles Rams)--Selection QB Kenny Pickett

I don't see the Bengals going Brisker at 31.  A 3rd safety, even if a big need next year, potentially, is far less a need than another CB.  Not even sure if they value S enough to take one in rd 1.  Kyler Gordon, Logan Hall, or Travis Jones would make a lot more sense.

55 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Green Bay isn't passing up on Karlaftis twice. He's the pick at 22 if there

They may not pass on him at 28.

But they desperately need a WR.

And at 22, WR Drake London is the last WR of the big 5 on the board. So they go there.

At 28, they go OG Zion Johnson there for 2 reasons.

1)It's pretty good value there at that spot.

2)They will emphasize protecting Rodgers more. Which they should. ZION IS A BIG 6'3" 316 LB Guard that can pull very well. I think he starts day 1.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't see the Bengals going Brisker at 31.  A 3rd safety, even if a big need next year, potentially, is far less a need than another CB.  Not even sure if they value S enough to take one in rd 1.  Kyler Gordon, Logan Hall, or Travis Jones would make a lot more sense.

They go Brisker because he's the 2nd best Safety in the Draft. You don't pass on that value, to reach for a position of need.

I actually could see the Bengals trading down from that spot, but to get 5 years on a contract, instead of 4 is pretty big deal nowadays.

Plus, Brisker is a 6'1" 200 safety that can play both the Free Safety & Strong Safety sides.

At Worst....He's depth for the Bengals at both positions. Plenty of playing time.

Anytime the Bengals run a Nickel, Dime or Qtrs Defense? Brisker will be on the field.

Even if he's not in their base 4-3.

Which he very well just might take, with his talent. 

Edited by aceinthehouse

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

They go Brisker because he's the 2nd best Safety in the Draft. You don't pass on that value, to reach for a position of need.

I actually could see the Bengals trading down from that spot, but to get 5 years on a contract, instead of 4 is pretty big deal nowadays.

Plus, Brisker is a 6'1" 200 safety that can play both the Free Safety & Strong Safety sides.

At Worst....He's depth for the Bengals at both positions. Plenty of playing time.

Anytime the Bengals run a Nickel, Dime or Qtrs Defense? Brisker will be in the field.

Even if he's not in their base 4-3.

Which he very well just might take, with his talent.

He wouldn't be in the base nickel because Mike Hilton will be in the slot, and he's not seeing the field much over Bates or Bell.  The Bengals 3rd safety played 171 snaps last year.  When you're in the middle of a Super Bowl competing window, you don't take depth pieces for the future.  If he was clear BPA, maybe, but i'm not convinced he is that at 31.  If they took Brisker, it'd be after a trade down to pick up another 3rd or a 4th if they don't trade down far.

11 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

He wouldn't be in the base nickel because Mike Hilton will be in the slot, and he's not seeing the field much over Bates or Bell.  The Bengals 3rd safety played 171 snaps last year.  When you're in the middle of a Super Bowl competing window, you don't take depth pieces for the future.  If he was clear BPA, maybe, but i'm not convinced he is that at 31.  If they took Brisker, it'd be after a trade down to pick up another 3rd or a 4th if they don't trade down far.

They could trade down, but they run the risk of losing Brisker.

Of course, they could still draft Safeties Bryan Cook, Daxton Hill, or Nick Cross if they want a Safety. But Im not sure if any of them are as versatile as Brisker is.

But I imagine, if they do trade down? They're probably targeting another position all together.

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

They may not pass on him at 28.

But they desperately need a WR.

And at 22, WR Drake London is the last WR of the big 5 on the board. So they go there.

At 28, they go OG Zion Johnson there for 2 reasons.

1)It's pretty good value there at that spot.

2)They will emphasize protecting Rodgers more. Which they should. ZION IS A BIG 6'3" 316 LB Guard that can pull very well. I think he starts day 1.

They don't desperately need one. That's been the narrative for years now, yet they continue to go in other directions and have success doing it. They've taken exactly one receiver in the 1st round in like the last 30 years. This draft is deep. They'll take one in the second (where they've had incredible success) and call it a day. 

Green Bay also has a habit of finding absolutely gems of offensive linemen in the middle rounds (Lang, Sitton, Linsley, Bahk, Tretter) all 4th round or later. I'd be shocked if they took a guard in the 1st. I could buy a tackle in the 1st but I don't see it with a guard.

Green Bay has always operated the 1st round as premium positions only. QB, OL, DL, Edge, and corner. Very very rarely do they deviate from it. I could see one pick going to a non-premium since they have two 1sts, but your picks go against everything they've shown in 30 years. Switch London to Karlaftis and it makes a lot more sense

4 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

They don't desperately need one. That's been the narrative for years now, yet they continue to go in other directions and have success doing it. They've taken exactly one receiver in the 1st round in like the last 30 years. This draft is deep. They'll take one in the second (where they've had incredible success) and call it a day. 

Green Bay also has a habit of finding absolutely gems of offensive linemen in the middle rounds (Lang, Sitton, Linsley, Bahk, Tretter) all 4th round or later. I'd be shocked if they took a guard in the 1st. I could buy a tackle in the 1st but I don't see it with a guard.

Green Bay has always operated the 1st round as premium positions only. QB, OL, DL, Edge, and corner. Very very rarely do they deviate from it. I could see one pick going to a non-premium since they have two 1sts, but your picks go against everything they've shown in 30 years. Switch London to Karlaftis and it makes a lot more sense

What you say is true...

But they just traded away their best WR to the Raiders in Adams.

They have two-1st Rd picks at 22 & 28 & this draft has 5 stud WR's going in the 1st Rd.

If GB only had 1-1st Rd pick, then maybe they would go with a different position in the 1st & go after a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round?

But I would be absolutely shocked, if they passed on a WR in the 1st Rd. Even with their History of drafting.

These 5 WR's are all immediate starters.

I realize the draft is deep & they could land a good wr, later in the drafting rounds. They may even dbl up on the WR position.

When you lose a player of Devante Adams production, you can't hope that a 3rd or 4th Rd prospect can come in & make an impact immediately. Even with Aaron Rodgers.

But a Drake London, or Williams or Burks?

They're no-brainers...

😎 Atlanta Falcons--WR Garrett Wilson

Atrocious pick. The Falcons have a need at WR, sure, but Wilson isn't better than Travon Walker or Jermaine Johnson. And for a team with needs everywhere, trying to force a WR who doesn't fit what Arthur Smith wants out of his WRs is just plain bad.

Easy pass for the Falcons i can never support a WR pick in the top 8 in this draft i will think it's a bad pick every time.   It is a possible pick we could make but i'll for sure think Fontenot and Smith screwed up if they do it.

Give me Jermaine Johnson at Edge rusher there and call it a day much bigger position of need with a better player.  Wouldn't be against a big trade down either and target a WR later in the 1st that would be a much smarter choice if we do go WR although i personally still go another position over WR in the 1st even if we trade down :D

8 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

30) Kansas City Chiefs--Selection CB Kaiir Elam

Everyone is making the same mistake. If you are going secondary, get the best one available, ie Dax Hill.

Personally, I would go Christian Watson or trade back. 

8 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

32) Detroit Lions (from Los Angeles Rams)--Selection QB Kenny Pickett

This is why they can trade #30. There is a list of QB needy teams at the top of round #2. The Jets and Seahawks have two picks each, #35 and #38 for NYJ--#40 and #41 for Seattle--but any pick from #33 to #40 is workable.