Richard Sherman ruptures Achilles

everlong

9 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

I'm not glad he got hurt but I definitely hate the guy.  One of the most obnoxious dbags in the league.

Meh, I don't care to feign sympathy; maybe I'm not as good of a person as everyone here... but I'm glad I won't have to see him or hear him during games or coverage from here on out.

If he's really like that, a loudmouth POS, then I'm legitimately happy he's out and someone better can have a shot at starting.

If he's just putting on a show to "keep the checks rollin in," I'm still pretty happy because that's jr. high drama bull crap. No room for that in football.

1 minute ago, Blackstar12 said:

Damn the war of attrition this year is crazy.

The numbers aren't too different this year:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/02/deshaun-watson-acl-nfl-player-injury-problem?utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Keep in mind at least part of the bump in players placed on IR over the past couple seasons likely has to do with the fact that teams can now recall up to two players placed on IR, and as a result are more likely to exercise that option.

look if this leads to more thursday night gripes then you'd have to argue the line it's an overuse injury, and if it's an overuse injury it just doesn't rupture on the spot like sherman has said it bothered him for a while

i really don't want to blame sherman for this but on the short turnaround if something's bothering you and you think it'll rupture eventually, sit man it's not worth it

so realistically

there's either a big screwup here by sherman himself or seattle's doctors clearing him to play

3 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

look if this leads to more thursday night gripes then you'd have to argue the line it's an overuse injury, and if it's an overuse injury it just doesn't rupture on the spot like sherman has said it bothered him for a while

i really don't want to blame sherman for this but on the short turnaround if something's bothering you and you think it'll rupture eventually, sit man it's not worth it

so realistically

there's either a big screwup here by sherman himself or seattle's doctors clearing him to play

Players want to play, he didn't know his achilles was going to rupture. You can't fault the player here. This was a division game and the Seahawks are not in a position, especially with Earl Thomas out, to be losing more secondary pieces because they wanted to rest a few more days.

Hindsight is always 20/20, and obviously it's easy to say he should've rested now that he's gone for the year, but he didn't even appear on the injury report until Wednesday.

A better solution: This wouldn't have happened if TNF wasn't a thing, or just featured two teams coming off byes instead.

1 hour ago, Sacks98 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing them do away with Thursday night games i think it hurts the product to turn around 4 days later after just playing to play again.

I don't think there is a big interest in the THU games and if they were to go away not many people would complain.

Archived