Trading Down

Raidersfan1

Pittsburgh trades their 1st Rd pick to Kansas City for _____ - Don't think WR is an option here. Yet, Jordan Davis is either All-Pro or mediocre. Leaning towards All-Pro. KC is a trade up partner all day. Chris Jones and Jordan Davis is Rock solid.

*Pittsburgh receives 1st Rd, 29th overall and 2nd Rd, 50th overall for their first Rd pick, 20th overall. That means Pittsburgh must work off board and not take UCONN DT in any sort of the one who got away. It's possible you win, but you don't entertain this.

*Pittsburgh trades Devin Bush for Detroit 3rd Rd, compensatory. Willis at two. Plenty of glue. You get five pieces there.

*Pittsburgh trades Rudolph for Giants 4th Rd pick. You go OL and give Daniel Jones one more shot but with a challenger that would unseat him

1.-- Cameron Thomas DE San Diego State

He gets lost in the wash... He is TJ Watt like. The 3 cone movement plays. Not strong enough. On the interior DL, he is Margus Hunt. Luckily, Pittsburgh goes heartbeat and they know: Lloyd/Greene, Porter/Gildon, Woodley/Harrison is what makes their team unique.

2.-- Jamaree Salyer G Georgia

I need a dawg. Defensive dogs are no good. It's the Clemson Cle Ferrell effect. Notice how many make a team and give you the Tiger Blood of that Sheen

A no-chancer bc of foolishness. Not sure he's All-Pro. You can always go guard in the sweet spot and find a starter.

On foolishness, we have few stars and predominantly patchwork. If we're being honest. Free agency was patchwork. I want winners...

2.-- Zyon McCollum CB Sam Houston State

Everyone loves him. And they should. You really gotta dig deep on the "overdraft" .. up to two rounds. Getting to the QB and covering. That's good defense.

3.-- Dohnovan West C Arizona State

Another no chancer. Starter. Movement. Grit. Hands. Also has sand in his pants unlike our friend from Illinois who's dancing with an open hand

I want winners...

Draft Alternative: Darrien Beavers LB Cincinnati (availability)

3.-- Cole Turner TE Nevada

You watch Carson Strong. Tell me you see Paxton Lynch. It's just really bad. Gimme Brian St-Pierre. Gimme Josh Dobbs. Gimme anything but him. And Landry Jones of course.

If you want an offense that's not stagnant and is like watch paint dry, you need to delve into the deep for players like Kelce. Big, athletic, tight ends with soft hands that can use their body to shield the defender.

Immediately, red zone. You can't draft short WRs and "Steeler" tight ends and expect to score points. You need to draft playmakers.

4.-- Cam Taylor-Britt CB Nebraska

These are my starters for the next decade. These players have been identified as players that can make plays.

Cam Sutton slides inside where he is merely a cover "slot". 

Draft Alternative: Kyren Williams RB Notre Dame (availability)

4.-- Dane Belton S Iowa

In general, you're going to want 92 speed over 94 speed (Nick Cross).

6.-- Brock Purdy QB Iowa State

Developmental backup QB

7.-- Conor Heyward FB Michigan State

Solid sledge. Playmaker in space. And brother of Cameron Heyward.

7.-- Jacquarii Roberson WR Wake Forest

I'm just really counting on him going undrafted.

We'll always disagree on philosophy. Team need. You could opt for linebacker and defensive line in the 6/7th rounds. I'm just not deep enough there to have any substance.

Targeted Mediocrity: Kendrick Green, Kevin Dotson, Arthur Maulet, James Pierre, #31 Michigan State 

You have Mitchell Trubisky at QB. You need to have an amazing offensive line that takes the burden off of him. You need to run the ball and throw to the tight ends. With an elite defense he gets numerous cracks and this is your battle cry until you have someone fit to handle the baton.

Trubisky needs to be nursed. When you move on from Trubisky, an offensive line, running back, and decent weaponry holds form behind a strong defense where you add quarterback and more weapons to average 36 pts a game.

Devin Bush isn't getting us a 3rd and Mason Rudolph isn't getting us a 4th. I like the trade back, but I don't think your DE is worth a 1st. I like Salyer as a G. I think the FO is looking toward the new guy as our starting C. I can't imagine we'll draft one in the first 4 rounds. I like Britt and Heyward, but I don't know much about the others. 

I obviously like the trade down, but not likely to happen.

The trades are extremely unrealistic, but thats kinda your thing.

The draft is rough, but not really due to the players.

Thomas is a pretty good player, but doesnt fit what we really need right now.   He is more of a 4-3 edge type, which could be useful to us, but sure as hell not that early.   Way too many holes to fill for a situational role player and something that isnt a dire need.

The OLine picks are fine, but unlikely.    Not saying we wont take one early, but if anything, I think OT will be an early pick.   I think they want to see how guys like Cole, Dotson and even Green are going to do.   They just drafted Green in the 3rd last year.   I dont think they are going to draft another center unless it was a plug and play guy they were really high on.    West is not a plug and play.   He needs work too.   Unless they are giving up on Green after one year, I dont see it.

The TE pick is terrible.     Absolutely horrible.    Why the hell would we take another TE early when we barely even utilize the TEs we have?

They will take a WR earlier than 7th round.    Maybe even 2.

On 4/22/2022 at 8:34 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

Devin Bush isn't getting us a 3rd and Mason Rudolph isn't getting us a 4th. I like the trade back, but I don't think your DE is worth a 1st. I like Salyer as a G. I think the FO is looking toward the new guy as our starting C. I can't imagine we'll draft one in the first 4 rounds. I like Britt and Heyward, but I don't know much about the others. 

Here's how I see Bush. A perfect fit for the Detroit Lions. How they play schematically and University of Michigan. When I look at an off-season and their roster, you get five good pieces with those first five picks that's an amazing run. When you consider the probability of that 3rd Rd pick like #90- somin being great, one could argue Bush is the better return with more potential.

Rudolph "can" be a stop gap starter in New York. It allows you to push back QB need while you build up the roster. Last year trade back gives them more picks to allocate as needed.

Cameron Thomas is basically TJ Watt part two. Boom or bust. He's got a relentless nature about him, and I lump him in that Jared Allen floor, TJ Watt ceiling. Strength comes with trips to the academy in Wisconsin. Really, I'm putting my foot down and saying boom. And if I'm going risk, we like risk.. I'm going with premium positions. And I still like Highsmith, but he's now the Melvin Ingram.

As for the OL, I'm taking "ten" to camp and I'm keeping nine

LT - Dan Moore, Joe Haeg

LG - Jamaree Salyer, Kevin Dotson

C - Mason Cole, Dohnovan West

RG - James Daniels, Kendrick Green

RT - Chuks Okorafor, Chaz Green

Mason Cole gets hurt midseason and Dohnovan West comes in and Wally Pipps him.