2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Leader, are you going to be okay if someone trades up to 52 in front of the Packers for Pickens??

Apparently you've not read (or understood) any of my thoughts regards the draft process. I'll be fine. As I've written **multiple times** the odds of GB selecting the players I'm personally targeting (and I've only a few) is nil.

History is that it doesnt happen and somehow I've survived.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Wake me when Gute wins a Super Bowl.

I mean, the disrespect to Wolf here is ridiculous.

The team he inherited was a dumpster fire from top of the roster to the bottom.  And in the front office.

That dude re-built the entire franchise.  TT kept it going, so is Gute.

Hey no disrespect to Wolf intended.  We have been fortunate to have 3 excellent GM's.  Wolf did turn the entire franchise around.  You are correct.  Far more daunting task.  

Think Gutey has been phenomenal.  He's hit on all of his 1st round picks.  Been a master at the draft and also FA.  Different times of course.  Wolf was the best man for the job then.  Gute is the best man for the job now.  Dude is a wizard.  

Probably shouldn't compare the two.  Loved Wolf too.  Might have went a little to far in my defense of Gute.  Just really impressed by the moves he's made. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

Anyone feel like we are going to experience a repeat of Day 2 of the 2020 NFL Draft once again? Unless we trade up, I think the likely targets at WR will be gone.

Definitely.  We are going to see all of our wr hopes and dreams swept away if we stay put. No Watson, no Pickens, no Skyy Moore, no Alex Pierce, no John Metchie, etc. 

32 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Fare thee well everyone.

I'm heading north to open up the cabin.  Thought I'd spoil my wife and let her pee into a toilet again.  I know, I spoil her.

Hoping I'll be there just in time to catch our pick, after we trade up for our WR!

Enjoyed talking with everyone today.  Fun day.  Go Pack Go!

The pile of clothes has worked for so long, and it will continue to work!

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Definitely.  We are going to see all of our wr hopes and dreams swept away if we stay put. No Watson, no Pickens, no Skyy Moore, no Alex Pierce, no John Metchie, etc. 

Probably true, but maybe Gute has some later round gems he's targeting or a vet FA he has in the oven

I'm actually a little leery of Pickens coming into GB being viewed as the "savior" of the WR group.  With all of the smoke that came out regarding his maturity issues, I have to think there is something to it.  Whichever young WR(s) come into GB will need to be focused pros from day 1.

22 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Doubt it. 8 teams already filled WR needs (Titans created and filled a need all in the same day). How many more do you think add to the position between picks 33 and 52 of the draft? I think we see all 4 QBs left go this round, and all the edge rushers and linebackers and D-linemen and defensive backs that are now good value in the round...the top running backs and the top ranked o-linemen...I think it's likely we see a legit option for an impact rookie WR at 53.

Edited by Sandy

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Yup.
Jameson is in Detroit and will be stretching our defense twice a year.
It would be fitting (in an aggravating sorta way) for Pickens to become a Bear.

Good thing Gb has Alexander and Stokes…

Just for the fun of it I wondered if there was any other player in the draft who could be the next Deebo.

Burks and Watson were obvious names but there was one who I never thought to consider: Erik Ezukanma.

Athletically he's remarkably similar to Burks, whilst Burks weighed 225 Ezukanma was stll one of the heavier WR at 210. They were all used in rushing plays Burks (112 yds), Watson (114 yds) and Ezukanma (138 yds).

I feel Velus Jones could be a potential candidate despite not being used much as a rusher. He has a stocky build and is a fast and fluid runner.

If the Packers want a Deebo type then we should be all over Christian Watson.