2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

Yep that seems to be the consensus.  Doesn't seem like a fit to me either. 

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Yeah if they don't get one of those top (young) WRs then I think they'll just be content to walk out of this weekend with Alec Pierce and a project deep threat.

So many WR's.  Think they will take 3.  Don't think they would just settle for that.  Pickens Burks will probably be there.  Tolbert Shakir Thorton Watson Bell on and on.  My thinking is they either go 2 WR up higher or 1 high 1 mid and 1 later on.  Great year for TE's also.  Nah Gute will walk away with some talented pass catchers even if we miss out on the top 4.  

Just now, NFLGURU said:

I dont know if they'll go up high enough, but a guy like Hamilton could really change a lot on this defense especially with Savage and Amos contracts coming up down the road. 

I'd rather trade up for him then any of the WR's.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers likes separation, he doesn't want to throw into contested windows. London is the king of contested catches.

I keep having to have this conversation IRL. I just can't fathom that's the guy that they want for AR, especially as a rookie. 

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Yep that seems to be the consensus.  Doesn't seem like a fit to me either. 

So many WR's.  Think they will take 3.  Don't think they would just settle for that.  Pickens Burks will probably be there.  Tolbert Shakir Thorton Watson Bell on and on.  My thinking is they either go 2 WR up higher or 1 high 1 mid and 1 later on.  Great year for TE's also.  Nah Gute will walk away with some talented pass catchers even if we miss out on the top 4.  

Adding another "it wouldn't surprise me"...

It wouldn't surprise me if they have Pierce 5th on their WR board right behind those big 4. Or at the very least, have him right there with them and prefer the idea of using a late 2nd on him over using 22,28 on any of Pickens, Burks, Dotson, Moore, Tolbert, etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah think Olave makes the most sense.  

As far as Rodgers goes for sure. I have to believe that's who he'd want. But IDK about the other guy's making the decisions. 

Just now, Leader said:

Pickens.

That's your Dynamic Duo.

How dare you spread "Anti-Pickens" karma!  :)

Pickens and Pierce would be insane. But then they'd both suck somehow and I'd swear I didn't want either of them

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Pickens.

That's your Dynamic Duo.

How dare you spread "Anti-Pickens" karma!  :)

I just don't see the Packers spending a 1st round pick on a guy who doesn't really crack the top 4 of anyone's WR rankings. If they're going to break the mold, it's going to be for one of the top guys. And it will likely come with a trade up.

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers likes separation, he doesn't want to throw into contested windows. London is the king of contested catches.

We need a new Greg/Jordy.

Rodgers was alright at those contested ones with James Jones, but he defintely wants a guy open.

Edited by Arthur Penske