2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

1 minute ago, TheEagle said:

I see a lot of people setting themselves up for another letdown. :) This place is going to be on fire in about 5 hours.

You can leave me out of this equation. I'm more than used to my NOT targeting the same players GB selects. 

My overriding hope for this draft is that they restock the WR room with some bodies from the upper rounds - something they've not done in centuries.

Ultimately I dont care who it is - just dont sit around till the 3rd to make the first WR selection - and polish the draft off with somebody lower.

28's the sweet spot. Pull the trigger.

• Like 1

I think the Chiefs are more likely to trade up for a receiver than GB. I like the approach of letting the draft come to us, and potentially trading down to get an extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd. 

I'd like for a team like Seattle or Atlanta to move up with us at 22 to draft their QB of the future. 

GB Gets:
43rd Overall 
58th Overall

Atl Gets:
22nd Overall

My prediction is that the Chiefs will move up to pick Jameson Williams. 

6 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

I see a lot of people setting themselves up for another letdown. :) This place is going to be on fire in about 5 hours.

Possible.  If the Pack burns up 2 1's to move up to select a WR I'll be ready to burn down 1265.  Hope Gute doesn't let Aaron interfere  with his drafting process.  Slight trade up fine otherwise let the damn board fall to you and take the best player at a position of need.  Could be DL, OT, S, WR or Edge in Rd 1.  Packers have a penchant for taking guys not on our radar.  Be hard to do this year but somehow they will find a way. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

You can leave me out of this equation. I'm more than used to my NOT targeting the same players GB selects. 

My overriding hope for this draft is that they restock the WR room with some bodies from the upper rounds - something they've not done in centuries.

Ultimately I dont care who it is - just dont sit around till the 3rd to make the first WR selection - and polish the draft off with somebody lower.

28's the sweet spot. Pull the trigger.

Haven't really ever been in this position before either.  Plus the additional draft capital think Gute is going to hit it hard.  3 WR picks coming in.  Possible all 3 within the first 4 rounds. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

That's optimistic unless we trade up.

Probably so....but I'm not thinking we're gonna be trading up. Could be wrong - gratefully so actually - in that Gute seems far more of a wheeler/dealer than I recall TT being. Ultimately, I'm cool with whomever they pick. Remember, I dont know the vast majority of these guys - so my "research" (if you would) will begin after I get the name.

Do wanna take care of that WR position though :)