2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I just noticed that basically every MLB game today was an afternoon game.  Since when does MLB schedule around the NFL draft?

Of course Thursdays are traveling days for most clubs...

I kind of don’t want GB to take a WR to see a bunch of fans lose it… as well as for all the hot takes out there from the media on how GB will be terrible this year because they didn’t replace Davante in the first.

I want chaos. Gute gave it to us with Love… then Rodgers did with his trade demand. It’s back on Gute to bring the chaos.

Just now, Green19 said:

I kind of don’t want GB to take a WR to see a bunch of fans lose it… as well as for all the hot takes out there from the media on how GB will be terrible this year because they didn’t replace Davante in the first. I want chaos. Gute gave it to us with Love… then Rodgers did with his trade demand. It’s back on Gute to bring the chaos.

Odd.

7 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Possible.  If the Pack burns up 2 1's to move up to select a WR I'll be ready to burn down 1265.  Hope Gute doesn't let Aaron interfere  with his drafting process.  Slight trade up fine otherwise let the damn board fall to you and take the best player at a position of need.  Could be DL, OT, S, WR or Edge in Rd 1.  Packers have a penchant for taking guys not on our radar.  Be hard to do this year but somehow they will find a way. 

Whatever is decided is on Gute.   AR deserves neither credit or blame for what happens during the draft.

If he had anything to do with our picks most recent draftsbwould have been much different.

21 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

I see a lot of people setting themselves up for another letdown. :) This place is going to be on fire in about 5 hours.

Personally, I can't think of a single scenario where I would feel letdown. In what way are people setting themselves up to be letdown? Any player taken makes them a better team in some way.  

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Odd.

Why? I think it would be the most drama GB can get this draft. I also think it’s a crazy thing to be sooooo invested as some fans and media are.

Like I get if we are cincy fans and they don’t draft OL and Burrow gets the Andrew luck treatment. I get screaming to protect him. 

All the WRs that got paid this off-season or traded… weren’t drafted in round 1.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Why? I think it would be the most drama GB can get this draft. I also think it’s a crazy thing to be sooooo invested as some fans and media are. Like I get if we are cincy fans and they don’t draft OL and Burrow gets the Andrew luck treatment. I get screaming to protect him. All the WRs that got paid this off-season or traded… weren’t drafted in round 1.

Whatever. I just think to actually want the team to be embroiled in some "chaos or drama" is odd - as is hoping fans would have their hopes crushed. You think that's normal...fine. I think it's odd.

I really can't think of anyone who I'm "hoping" lands in GB.  As long as Gute doesn't do something completely out of left field, I'll be good with whoever is selected.  The letdown would be tomorrow if somehow GB comes out of RD1 & RD2 with no WR.