2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The more reports come out like that, the less I'm convinced we go WR on Day 1.

I've just got a massive feeling that we're taking Tyler Smith at 22, if we stay there. Enough that I just changed my A pick for #1 in the draft contest to him.

Tyler Smith or even Tyler Linderbaum at 22 and Daxton Hill or Lewis Cine at 28 is the vibe I'm getting today.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I've just got a massive feeling that we're taking Tyler Smith at 22, if we stay there. Enough that I just changed my A pick for #1 in the draft contest to him.

Tyler Smith or even Tyler Linderbaum at 22 and Daxton Hill or Lewis Cine at 28 is the vibe I'm getting today.

I'm 100% confident we're not taking Linderbaum.  He's probably somewhere off the board early Day 2.  I'm thinking the Giants take him with their pick.  Think Tyler Smith would be more of a 28 pick then a 22 pick.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I'm 100% confident we're not taking Linderbaum.  He's probably somewhere off the board early Day 2.  I'm thinking the Giants take him with their pick.  Think Tyler Smith would be more of a 28 pick then a 22 pick.

Tyler Smith won't be there at 28.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yes sir. Any one of Arizona, Dallas or Tennessee could take him.

I think Dallas probably goes with Rainmann.  Think he's going to go higher then Smith, even if I like Smith higher.  Tennessee has been linked to Zion Johnson for a while now, so that seems like a logical fit.  Think Arizona is going WR or EDGE with their pick, but Keim seems to prefer defensive players unless he's taking a QB in R1.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I think Dallas probably goes with Rainmann.  Think he's going to go higher then Smith, even if I like Smith higher.  Tennessee has been linked to Zion Johnson for a while now, so that seems like a logical fit.  Think Arizona is going WR or EDGE with their pick, but Keim seems to prefer defensive players unless he's taking a QB in R1.

We'll see. I just don't think he's there at 28. Gut feeling.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Think Tampa Bay is probably the biggest threat to take him tbh.

Possible. My thing with Smith is you can plug him in now at OG and just let him maul the **** out of people. He's a tackle long term but, for as raw as he's presumed to be at tackle, he's a plug and play at guard. For me, he's easily a top 20-25 prospect in this class. I'd kill to have him at 28 but I think 22 is the safe play. If we want him, we can't risk that he'll be there at 28. The gap between him and Raimann/Penning/Lucas is massive for me. Penning is a similar player to him, now, but the age gap is going to prove to be massive in the end. Smith's upside is considerably higher than Penning's.

Of the day 1 risers, don't think we're going to be in on Quay Walker. Do think it's very likely we're one of the teams giving Drake Jackson round 1 smoke. Wouldn't be shocked at all if he's EDGE #4-5 of the Packers board ahead of Karlaftis and maybe JJ (because of age).

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Of the day 1 risers, don't think we're going to be in on Quay Walker. Do think it's very likely we're one of the teams giving Drake Jackson round 1 smoke. Wouldn't be shocked at all if he's EDGE #4-5 of the Packers board ahead of Karlaftis and maybe JJ (because of age).

At this point, if JJ2 isn't a top 12 pick I'd be surprised.  But don't disagree about Drake Jackson possibly being above Karlaftis on our board.

Jordan Love rumors flying around today.  On FB so take it for what it's worth.  Love would be the highest graded QB in this class.  Hard not to argue that.  Anyway rumor is Atlanta is gunning after him and will do whatever it takes to get him.  Well sure I like the sound of that.  Give us #8 and you can have him.  Yah I know not going to happen.  Something we have all discussed around here is the possibility the Packers move on from Love.  Well either today or tomorrow if it's going to happen.  In my mind would want at least a mid to high 2 to get the conversation started.  Not sure what Gute and co feel his worth is.  Just something to watch that could really shake up our draft if it happens.