2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

Just now, Chili said:

I have to ask...why is EDGE is considered a need position for us?

Gary is under contract for two years and Smith has 5 years left but will likely be cut at a time of our choosing.

A third EDGE doesn't necessarily need to be a first round pick. It can be a mid round pick who can provide a solid rotation option.

If we draft him we're essentially repeating what we did in past drafts. Love to backup Rodgers, Dillion to backup Jones. Eventually at some point too many of those type of picks will not improve our starting line up.

Good EDGE guys usually get snatched up early, and we don't have many pressing needs so it'd be going BPA at a premier position. 

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Who's the useless bum?  Are you talking about Tyler Davis?  Seems to be the forgotten guy around here.  He flashed a little bit hasn't been used much but wouldn't exactly call him a bum.  He might receive some significant playing time this year. 

No the useless bum is Deguara who should be traded to Atlanta along with Love if they're going after him so we can get Pitts in our lineup.  We don't need slow molasses can't break tackle butterfinger guys here anymore.  Pitts is 1000x better.

Just now, Scoremore said:

Oh I believe that argument could definitely be made.  Only guy that might give me pause is Willis.  I'd take Love over any of the other QB's in this class. 

Could an argument be made? Sure. But I don't see any real reason to put him ahead of Willis.

11 minutes ago, Chili said:

I think we're more likely to see something happen with Garoppolo, Mayfield or Murray before we see anything happen with Love.

Teams will want someone proven rather than risk it on someone who is not.

Murray isn't going anywhere.  Not a factor.  Jimmy G and Baker  both have contracts issues to deal with.  Plus they are average place holder types.  Don't view either as franchise QB's.  Known quantities.  Thing with Love is he's cheap on a rookie deal and still has the upside to be great.  It's a gamble but so is the draft.  Nah chances of a Love trade are higher IMO...  

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

really? Gary barely played in his rookie year as the 3rd option, Dillion barely played too as the 3rd RB.

I think the idea is… as Ted would say… the good lord only makes so many big guys that can move.

So the idea is if you want a DL or Edge that is likely to hit and hit early and be more that just a rep taker, these guys go early in the draft because there are too few of them.

• Like 1

Just now, squire12 said:

Kyler Fackrell was EDGE 3 in that year and played 39% of the snaps

That's even worse.

For once I would like to see the Packers to try and draft an instant starter. It's no fun having to wait 2-3 years for your high draft picks to begin contributing. 🤣

Just now, Chili said:

That's even worse.

For once I would like to see the Packers to try and draft an instant starter. It's no fun having to wait 2-3 years for your high draft picks to begin contributing. 🤣

Didn’t you get that last year with Stokes? He basically became the starter and never looked back.

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Could an argument be made? Sure. But I don't see any real reason to put him ahead of Willis.

Only thing is Love has 2 years of development under his belt.  Both talented but raw coming in.  Willis goes top 5 IMO...Either Det takes him or another team moves up to get him.  

7 minutes ago, Chili said:

That's even worse.

40% of the snaps for a rookie is a lot, that's a starter. Especially for a non secondary players on D.