2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

Just now, Leader said:

Wait, wait...I just caught on to this and it's alright.
With differing origins (or reasons....) I've been a fan of these teams since I was a little kid. If that troubles others.....not my problem.

It's all in fun, anyways. Unless it's @CWood21, then it's personal. 

My hunch is Gute will trade up from 22 and take Olave. I don't buy the notion Packers won't take him because he's not big enough to block. MLF does a good job of adjusting his offense to the talent he has.

I have no clue about 28. BPA.

Just now, beekay414 said:

It's all in fun, anyways. Unless it's @CWood21, then it's personal. 

I know and not taking anything personal. The reasons it played out this way are seriously only something a kid would do. I wasnt a fan of the team (or organization) - they didnt really register - but of individual players - or idols. I was too young to get in to or understand leagues, divisions etc.

Mickey Mantle = the Yankees (and they stunk for decades).
Wilt Chamberlain = the Sixers (and a really good team btw....) but became The Lakers when Wilt was traded there.
Lombardi = the Packers.

The marvel is that I've never switched.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I'll be pounding down some serious pizza during the draft.  What's your ritual for the draft??

I really want to stuff my face with wings and ranch dressing, like God intended.

But I may not have time to make them, so I may be ordering in from the bar down the street.

But after reading your post, the only thing better than chicken wings is pizza and chicken wings.  I think you helped me make up my mind.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

My hunch is Gute will trade up from 22 and take Olave. I don't buy the notion Packers won't take him because he's not big enough to block. MLF does a good job of adjusting his offense to the talent he has.

I have no clue about 28. BPA.

I could see that trade up for sure.  I feel the Packers absolutely need to land a top wr prospect.  Olave would be a good fit because he is fairly detail oriented.  At #28 I'd be hoping that a QB hungry team in the 2nd wants to move up.  I'd like to get Seattle picks 40 & 41.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I could see that trade up for sure.  I feel the Packers absolutely need to land a top wr prospect.  Olave would be a good fit because he is fairly detail oriented.  At #28 I'd be hoping that a QB hungry team in the 2nd wants to move up.  I'd like to get Seattle picks 40 & 41.

I don't see Green Bay being within range of trading up to get him.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I don't see Green Bay being within range of trading up to get him.

You think he's gone? I've been thinking he's gone by 15ish but it doesn't seem like many people agree