Kadarius Toney on trade block? Reports to camp!

Acgott

He’s missing voluntary workouts, but seems weird we will trade him. We also cannot afford to trade him based on pure salary cap. We would lose $2M of cap space and take on $5M of dead money, money that we don’t even have lol.

It may still be too early to call him a bust, but he's been checking all the boxes since we took him.

Let's be real, there's no good excuse for missing these workouts. Everything about them screams "voluntary in name only." The fact that it's a totally new coaching staff trying to get a fresh start after a horrendous 2021. The fact that you don't even receive Daboll's playbook until you attend them. The fact that almost all of your teammates (except Bradberry, a trade target) have been showing up from day one. The fact that Kenny Golladay made a point of saying to a reporter that he doesn't know where you are and is trying to get in touch with you. 😅

For all these reasons and more, Toney not showing up is a bad look. One of the first things you do in a rebuild is get rid of the guys who don't want to be there. So the rumors of a trade are alarming, but plausible.

20 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

It may still be too early to call him a bust, but he's been checking all the boxes since we took him.

Let's be real, there's no good excuse for missing these workouts. Everything about them screams "voluntary in name only." The fact that it's a totally new coaching staff trying to get a fresh start after a horrendous 2021. The fact that you don't even receive Daboll's playbook until you attend them. The fact that almost all of your teammates (except Bradberry, a trade target) have been showing up from day one. The fact that Kenny Golladay made a point of saying to a reporter that he doesn't know where you are and is trying to get in touch with you. 😅

For all these reasons and more, Toney not showing up is a bad look. One of the first things you do in a rebuild is get rid of the guys who don't want to be there. So the rumors of a trade are alarming, but plausible.

I agree 100% with what you are saying, and Toney should be there, but it’s still his right that that the NFLPA and NFL agreed to. Hopefully he is doing hardcore workouts wherever he is with his trainers. 

• Like 1

I was defending Toney like crazy when I felt people were making too much about his immaturity and bad vibes. I can't defend him now, how can you not want to get playbook for the new offensive, plus it was said he struggled understanding last years much more simpler offensive scheme. I hope he proves me wrong but at this point I would trade him for a 3rd round pick. Even when Gettleman kinds of makes the right move and trades down, he picks the wrong player in the trade down.  I still hate Gettleman, hopefully a good draft this Thursday can help me to start to forget about him.

50 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

I was defending Toney like crazy when I felt people were making too much about his immaturity and bad vibes. I can't defend him now, how can you not want to get playbook for the new offensive, plus it was said he struggled understanding last years much more simpler offensive scheme. I hope he proves me wrong but at this point I would trade him for a 3rd round pick. Even when Gettleman kinds of makes the right move and trades down, he picks the wrong player in the trade down.  I still hate Gettleman, hopefully a good draft this Thursday can help me to start to forget about him.

We gonna feel that Gettle-Sting for a while. 

• Like 2

There would be an immediate $8 million dead money hit to the cap if we traded him. We only have 5.5 million in cap space right now, and we still need to sign our draft picks. The compensation to move Toney would have to be a 1st/2nd, which nobody will trade for him, so he's most likely staying. It would make 0 financial sense and be detrimental to the team to move him this season.

Then again, it also made no financial sense to cut Logan Ryan this year and we still did it.

Nice of him to make some time for us. 😆

But seriously, that's good to know. Maybe he just had to learn the difference between voluntary and "voluntary-mandatory" as Keyshawn Johnson once called it. Hope he works his butt off and grows into his role.

Edited by y*so*blu

17 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Nice of him to make some time for us. 😆

But seriously, that's good to know. Maybe he just had to learn the difference between voluntary and "voluntary-mandatory" as Keyshawn Johnson once called it. Hope he works his butt off and grows into his role.

I'm completely guessing but my theory is he's there because his teammates reached out, not because of anything from the coaches/team. I feel like it's a lot harder to ignore a Kenny Golladay type and create a rift there vs. telling the team you're not coming.

• Like 1