Give us 3 things that you expect to happen in the draft, that few people would believe, or are talking about on here!

The NFL Draft is a crazy animal. There's almost always some surprise that happens, that comes unexpectedly & shocks many people.

Well, now is your time to post it.

So give us 3 things that you believe will happen throughout the 1-7 Round draft that is either not being reported as much, or will come a BIG surprise come next Thur, Fri or Sat.

Keep in mind, that it can be ANY NFL team. Not just Washington.

I say this & post this here (instead of general) because any move that does happen, will have some affect if not profound on Washington in some capacity whether small, or large regarding the draft.

Here are mine:

1) Jacksonville Jaguars trade #1 pick= In our Team forum mock, I have them trading the #1 pick to the Giants. That may or may not happen, but I do believe the pick gets moved to some team. I've noticed very few if any have that happening in ANY mock I've seen. I know it's rare & very costly normally for the other team to make such a move. But I have sneaking suspicion that it will happen this year. I just feel Jacksonville wants to move down & there are some teams that really want Hutchinson, Thibodeaux or Neal. I believe we see that this draft. I also believe this will have a HUGE impact on what Washington does regardless of team that trades up.

2)Washington Commanders take QB before the 4th Round= I've been flipflopping on this topic in my head for a while now. Part of me thinks it's a stupid thing for them to do, after trading for Wentz & hearing about his discomfort with a QB in the wings sitting behind him? Then, another part of me realizes that Rivera has NOT drafted his guy yet, going on his 3rd year here. There's a few drafts that have us taking a QB in the 1st round on trade downs, or in the 2nd Rd. I think those people are either ignorant or Wentz haters. But I do believe there is some smoke there. More than we probably want to admit. I think QB Carson Strong is a huge possibility, but won't be surprised if any QB is drafted by Washington by the 3rd round.

3) 1st Round Frenzy= I'm expecting "crazy" to take over the 1st round of the draft. There's 8 Teams with 2x 1st round picks & I don't believe all of them are just gonna sit tight & watch players drop to them. Some perhaps, but some are gonna be aggressive whether they're trading up/down. With all the players that could potentially be moved like Mayfield, Garapolo, Murray, Deebo, Toney & probably many more? I'm expected at least a few of these guys to be tied up in some of these trades throughout the draft. The question is...is Washington going to be in the mix of any player trades, or just doing there own thing. REMEMBER...We have Terry McLaurin & Deron Payne who need new deals, too. We also only have 6 draft picks in total. Could Washington jump on the CRAZY bus as well, & join in on the frenzy I'm expecting? Or will they sit tight & watch the fireworks from a distance? We shall see.

1.Top 16 we see 2 or less trades, Bottom 16 we see 6 or more.

2.A Team other then Lions, Panthers, Falcons, Seahawks, Saints, or Steelers end up with Malik Willis.

3.Drake London nor Garret Wilson will be the 1st WR drafted

• Like 2

1) QBs go earlier than expected- I believe Willis, Corral, Pickett, Ridder, and Howell all go first round to the following teams in no order Atlanta, Carolina, Seattle, Pittsburgh, and New Orleans

2) Dallas trades up to take one of the top OT that have fallen due to run on QBs

3) we trade down to late teens while picking up a second round pick and mid pick and select Olave

• Like 1

Here goes it:

1.  No trades back in the top 15.  Just dont think people are going to see eye to eye on prospects being worth what is being asked of to get there.  

2. We think we are smarter than everyone, draft a position of need, but not the best talent.  Treylon Burks or McDuffie with the top 4 WR or Stingley come to mind.  

3.  2 QBs taken in the first round.  A lot of action in the second, and the Corall/Howell gets taken by the Colts in the 2nd rounder we swapped.  

Maybe a touch pessimistic?

On 4/23/2022 at 11:09 AM, aceinthehouse said:

Give us 3 things that you expect to happen in the draft, that few people would believe, or are talking about on here!

The commissioner will get booed. 

There will be a WTF pick in the top ten (a player going MUCH higher than projected)

Many fans here will hate our first round pick and defend their hate by bringing up how bad of a pick it was next draft. 

Bonus: outside of offensive lineman the top ten will be all defensive players. 

7 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

The commissioner will get booed. 

There will be a WTF pick in the top ten (a player going MUCH higher than projected)

Many fans here will hate our first round pick and defend their hate by bringing up how bad of a pick it was next draft. 

Bonus: outside of offensive lineman the top ten will be all defensive players. 

not going to lie for some reason I read WTF as Washington Football Team and was wonder who your thuaght we was trading up for before rereading it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

not going to lie for some reason I read WTF as Washington Football Team and was wonder who your thuaght we was trading up for before rereading it.

Anything is possible I guess. I hope we dont trade up. But I could see someone like Lloyd or Dean going top 10 which is much higher than they are projected to go.