WR Byron Pringle arrested

CBears019

56 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

My initial thoughts on this is not a very smart move on Pringle's part, but there are far worse things he could have got in trouble for.

As a father I get that he was just trying to have a little fun with his kid but doing so with a suspended license? C'mon man lol

Frankly I'd be shocked if the team released him over this

Yeah, I can’t imagine any real consequence as far as the team is concerned goes beyond “Don’t be an idiot, and don’t embarrass the brand.” 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah, I can’t imagine any real consequence as far as the team is concerned goes beyond “Don’t be an idiot, and don’t embarrass the brand.” 

Hard to make that stick when GMcC and Teddy Bear's incompetence has been an embarrassment for an entire decade.  Maybe they should be the ones out spinning cheerios while spending less time trying to ruin their football team.  Arrest them for operating an NFL team while under the influence of inept stupidity.  Lock 'em up I say.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2022 at 6:41 AM, beardown3231 said:

Did your father also have alcohol in his system?

No, it was just having a bit of fun, again in an empty parking lot, but still.  Remember tho, I'm old enough that I can remember sitting on my dad's lap while he was driving, pretending to driving myself.  Laying down on the floorboard of the car, or sometimes in the back window.  Riding in the back of his pickup.  It was much more fun to be a kid when I was growing up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No, it was just having a bit of fun, again in an empty parking lot, but still.  Remember tho, I'm old enough that I can remember sitting on my dad's lap while he was driving, pretending to driving myself.  Laying down on the floorboard of the car, or sometimes in the back window.  Riding in the back of his pickup.  It was much more fun to be a kid when I was growing up.

I’m just glad we didn’t have camera phones yet. 

10 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Now you don’t want players doing stupid stuff off field, people freak out and move on quick.  

You can take players with talent who may do stupid stuff in their 20s.  

If they get too stupid - just cut them.   

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Now you don’t want players doing stupid stuff off field, people freak out and move on quick.  

You can take players with talent who may do stupid stuff in their 20s.  

If they get too stupid - just cut them.   

Exactly. And really why the supposed character stuff on Pickens isn’t a huge deal to me. If we land him it’ll be on a 2nd round deal. Even if he’s an insufferable maniac and a cancer we can cut him after a year for about $4M dead money. If he didn’t have some bugaboo he wouldn’t even potentially be available in R2.

I like the idea of a super talented fiery maniac going up against our own DBs in training camp and practice too. Iron sharpens iron. Maybe stop him just short of the Steve Smith punching a teammate stuff though. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Exactly. And really why the supposed character stuff on Pickens isn’t a huge deal to me. If we land him it’ll be on a 2nd round deal. Even if he’s an insufferable maniac and a cancer we can cut him after a year for about $4M dead money. If he didn’t have some bugaboo he wouldn’t even potentially be available in R2.

I like the idea of a super talented fiery maniac going up against our own DBs in training camp and practice too. Iron sharpens iron. Maybe stop him just short of the Steve Smith punching a teammate stuff though. 

I lot of the best players are really edgy.   Just way they are wired.

• Like 1

Just now, dll2000 said:

I lot of the best players are really edgy.   Just way they are wired.

100%. You ever watch Max Scherzer pitch?? There’s a great .gif of him screaming into his glove that’s epic. Not imbedding since it violates the filter, but here it is:

https://tenor.com/view/scherzer-mlb-baseball-swearing-hate-gif-8859957

My kid is a pitcher and I tell him all the time to find THIS level of intensity… with the cursing kept in his head lol. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 6:08 PM, JAF-N72EX said:

So let's tally up here. In just 3 months; Poles strips the roster, trades Mack AND 24M cap in exchange for a 2nd round pick, ignores free agency, and then one of his few FA targets can't a pass a physical while another is an irresponsible idiot.

But I keep being told to be patient and how Pringle was such a great pick up and that he's better than Arob.

Ok when you, just, lay the bare facts out like that....

https://postimg.cc/8s7TzGp3

Edited by FosterTheSkins