Pick 11: Washington Commanders are on the clock (edit: it's Hamilton)

MikeT14

Who do we take?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. #11

• Derek Stingley Jr. | CB | LSU
    • Kyle Hamilton | S | Notre Dame
    • Chris Olave | WR | Ohio St.
    • Drake London | WR | USC
    • Devin Lloyd | LB | Utah
    • Trent McDuffie | CB | Washington
    • Nakobe Dean | LB | Georgia
    • Malik Willis | QB | Liberty
    • Other (please list)

No reasonable trade offers are presented this time (that means you ace. No trades.) . Here is how the draft has unfolded:

1. Jacksonville  - Aidan Hutchinson | EDGE | Michigan
2. Detroit  - Travon Walker | EDGE | Georgia
3. Houston  - Evan Neal | OL | Alabama
4. NY Jets  - Kayvon Thibodeaux | EDGE | Oregon
5. NY Giants  - Ikem Ekwonu | OL | NC State
6. Carolina  - Charles Cross | OL | Miss. State
7. NY Giants (From Chicago) - Jermaine Johnson II | EDGE | Florida St.
8. Atlanta  - Garrett Wilson | WR | Ohio St.
9. Seattle (From Denver) - Ahmad Gardner | CB | Cincinnati
10. NY Jets (From Seattle) - Jameson Williams | WR | Alabama
11. Washington  - ??????

4 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

Willis would be a great trade down bait, but seriously, Ill take Wentz over Willis anyday and twice on Fridays. 

Didn’t ask you what you thought of my selection but for me the reason I selected Willis (since you seem intrigued) for the choices that were presented is that he was the most talented and at the QB position. We would never suck bad enough or have enough draft capital to select a blue chip QB. This would be our closest chance. Wentz isn’t a lock to be real good, I hope he is but for me Willis has all the tangibles/intangibles to be successful QB in todays NFL. He can sit and learn and work on his craft. 
This is more than I thought I would have to write for a multiple choice question. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Didn’t ask you what you thought of my selection but for me the reason I selected Willis (since you seem intrigued) for the choices that were presented is that he was the most talented and at the QB position. We would never suck bad enough or have enough draft capital to select a blue chip QB. This would be our closest chance. Wentz isn’t a lock to be real good, I hope he is but for me Willis has all the tangibles/intangibles to be successful QB in todays NFL. He can sit and learn and work on his craft. 
This is more than I thought I would have to write for a multiple choice question. 

So not a single analyst I have read talks about his abilities on the field other than he is athletic, has a strong arm and can use his legs. He is projected to be in a RPO offense that will have quick moving parts to get the ball out quick. 

Does that seem like a QB that we tend to have in Scott Turner's offense?

And, in a forum, you don't have to ask for a response to get a tongue in cheek response. Selecting Willis, imho, would completely dismantle this fan base, whats left of it, instead of filling areas on the defense and offense that could help Wentz succeed. Rivera has 2 years left on his contract and he cannot rest his remaining contract on the development of a young QB while sitting for a year or two. 

The other issue I have with Willis is simply that, he committed to Auburn and could not beat out Jarrad Stidham nor Bo Nix, and instead of transferring to a similar conference school, he goes to Liberty, an FBS school. A player who does this tends to go that route if they want to light the world on fire against lesser competition, which he didn't do. 

The other issue I have is, that there is no consensus that he is the best QB in the draft. Frankly, the scouting I have done, I don't think he is the 4th best QB in the draft. Too many people are betting on his intangibles like leadership, athleticism and character. That's a great thing to have, but you have to show it on the field too. Throwing dimes in a controlled environment with no pressure doesn't qualify an NFL ready pro QB. 

Even playing against the best defensive team on Liberty's schedule, Malik Willis threw 3 interceptions and was sacked 6 times. Guess what? That was Ole Miss, not Alabama, and in the NFL, it's Alabama defenses every week. 

Take what you will from this, ihdc how you perceive this notion, but if someone responded to me for my multiple choice pick like I did with you, I would have simply laughed about it. But one thing I believe is, taking a first round QB to sit for a year or two to develop, when there are other areas that could be filled with talented players to have an immediate impact, is absolute insanity. Especially when you just traded for your QB1. If he needs that long to develop, he shouldn't be a first round selection. 

9 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

So not a single analyst I have read talks about his abilities on the field other than he is athletic, has a strong arm and can use his legs. He is projected to be in a RPO offense that will have quick moving parts to get the ball out quick. 

Does that seem like a QB that we tend to have in Scott Turner's offense?

And, in a forum, you don't have to ask for a response to get a tongue in cheek response. Selecting Willis, imho, would completely dismantle this fan base, whats left of it, instead of filling areas on the defense and offense that could help Wentz succeed. Rivera has 2 years left on his contract and he cannot rest his remaining contract on the development of a young QB while sitting for a year or two. 

The other issue I have with Willis is simply that, he committed to Auburn and could not beat out Jarrad Stidham nor Bo Nix, and instead of transferring to a similar conference school, he goes to Liberty, an FBS school. A player who does this tends to go that route if they want to light the world on fire against lesser competition, which he didn't do. 

The other issue I have is, that there is no consensus that he is the best QB in the draft. Frankly, the scouting I have done, I don't think he is the 4th best QB in the draft. Too many people are betting on his intangibles like leadership, athleticism and character. That's a great thing to have, but you have to show it on the field too. Throwing dimes in a controlled environment with no pressure doesn't qualify an NFL ready pro QB. 

Even playing against the best defensive team on Liberty's schedule, Malik Willis threw 3 interceptions and was sacked 6 times. Guess what? That was Ole Miss, not Alabama, and in the NFL, it's Alabama defenses every week. 

Take what you will from this, ihdc how you perceive this notion, but if someone responded to me for my multiple choice pick like I did with you, I would have simply laughed about it. But one thing I believe is, taking a first round QB to sit for a year or two to develop, when there are other areas that could be filled with talented players to have an immediate impact, is absolute insanity. Especially when you just traded for your QB1. If he needs that long to develop, he shouldn't be a first round selection. 

My response to you was wrong because Its not how you thought I should respond. My selection was based on what choices that were left. 
Based on your analysis 49ers and Packers have no clue what they’re doing by selecting a QB in the first round to sit on the bench. 

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

My response to you was wrong because Its not how you thought I should respond. My selection was based on what choices that were left. 
Based on your analysis 49ers and Packers have no clue what they’re doing by selecting a QB in the first round to sit on the bench. 

You're right, I didn't think anyone would seriously think this team would take Malik Willis at 11 overall. But its great to spark conversation about it right?