Pick 11: Washington Commanders are on the clock (edit: it's Hamilton)

MikeT14

Who do we take?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. #11

• Derek Stingley Jr. | CB | LSU
    • Kyle Hamilton | S | Notre Dame
    • Chris Olave | WR | Ohio St.
    • Drake London | WR | USC
    • Devin Lloyd | LB | Utah
    • Trent McDuffie | CB | Washington
    • Nakobe Dean | LB | Georgia
    • Malik Willis | QB | Liberty
    • Other (please list)

I like Hamilton a lot. And if he's there, I would be totally good with taking him at #11.

But I'm not gonna lie....If a team comes calling about our #11 pick because they want "insert player"?

And they offer a deal for #11 that would be tough to pass up? I would take the deal.

Can you imagine the Chiefs calling, while we're on the clock. "We're getting ready to select Hamilton"

1)And the Chiefs offer #29 & #30 for our #11.

Or even better?

2)Chiefs offer #29, #50 & #62 for #11…?

I mean, how do you pass on that?

Having #29, #47, #50, #62

34 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If it plays out like this Mike we all know its going to be Hamilton. There is no way they pass on him.

Probably. Curious if that's what the fans want too. More people want him than I expected. I'll move on to the 2nd round this afternoon. 

4 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I like Hamilton a lot. And if he's there, I would be totally good with taking him at #11.

But I'm not gonna lie....If a team comes calling about our #11 pick because they want "insert player"?

And they offer a deal for #11 that would be tough to pass up? I would take the deal.

Can you imagine the Chiefs calling, while we're on the clock. "We're getting ready to select Hamilton"

Or even better?

No reasonable trade offers are presented this time (that means you ace. No trades.) . Here is how the draft has unfolded:

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

Or even better?

You don't. Its better to trade back and have more opportunities to improve your team. 

The only issue I have is, this draft class is very limited on top end S's, and even though Hamilton is the best by far, the next tier is not all that thrilling. 

9 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

You don't. Its better to trade back and have more opportunities to improve your team. 

The only issue I have is, this draft class is very limited on top end S's, and even though Hamilton is the best by far, the next tier is not all that thrilling. 

I'm big on Jalen Pitre. 

Think to me one of the Biggest needs to get this team to take the next step is ,for a word to good to pass up on, a Commander on the defense someone in the back 7 to get everyone on the same page pre snap and make adjustments.To me the best 2 in the class at the is Nakobe Dean and Kyle Hamilton.

Read earlier this morning 3 players dinged my combine Medicals we're Dean,Lloyd ,and Green.If any of them fall to us in the 2nd I'd be very very happy.

Honestly if we cam out with Hamilton and Dean I'd have to fight with Ace about being the most optimistic fan for the season.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Please explain to me how in the world you select Kyle Hamilton over Derek Stingley?  

Stingley was good for one year and has been hurt and underperformed ever since. I want nothing to do with Stingley but he also won't make it out of the top 5. I agree with you on Hamilton. I don't see him as a FS. As long as they don't pick a guard I think I'll be fine.  

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Stingley was good for one year and has been hurt and underperformed ever since. I want nothing to do with Stingley but he also won't make it out of the top 5. I agree with you on Hamilton. I don't see him as a FS. As long as they don't pick a guard I think I'll be fine.  

I mean if they traded down first a Guard in the first would be fine IMO.