Pick 11: Washington Commanders are on the clock (edit: it's Hamilton)

MikeT14

Who do we take?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. #11

• Derek Stingley Jr. | CB | LSU
    • Kyle Hamilton | S | Notre Dame
    • Chris Olave | WR | Ohio St.
    • Drake London | WR | USC
    • Devin Lloyd | LB | Utah
    • Trent McDuffie | CB | Washington
    • Nakobe Dean | LB | Georgia
    • Malik Willis | QB | Liberty
    • Other (please list)

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Stingley was good for one year and has been hurt and underperformed ever since. I want nothing to do with Stingley but he also won't make it out of the top 5. I agree with you on Hamilton. I don't see him as a FS. As long as they don't pick a guard I think I'll be fine.  

Either pick would be ok at #11.

But Kyle Hamilton is considered the best prospect in the draft.

I believe he's the highest rated player on all sites.

When a player like that falls to #11....you take him.

Oh...and we kind of have a need for Safety. Whether he's used as a FS, or in the box like Landon Collins?

41 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Stingley's stock is rising and is now -300 to go in the top 10 according to DraftKings. Carolina is rumored to not want a QB at #6 and that will kind of screw us because another player won't drop. 

Ya they will probably take a OT.  Which will mean Cross won't be there for Seattle to draft.  Which means Stingley's probably not making it past 9.  I will throw out there that in 12 drafts together GM Schneider and HC Carroll have never drafted a CB before the 3rd round.  I could see the Vikings leapfrogging us to get Stingley though. 

• Like 1

I picked Hamilton because I think he’s the most likely selection — but I didn’t scroll down and see the picks already off the board.

If it falls like that, I think they’ll take London. I believe that he’s their top WR and I think they’ll prioritize that position, as well as the fit as the “missing piece” in a WR room currently containing a superstar X, a gadget/slot guy, and a pure deep threat. His size and physical play match with Wentz’s preferred profile, which makes it a pretty solid fit overall. The only concern I have is the fact that he repeatedly didn’t run the 40, which creates some fear that he’s genuinely TE-slow. Otherwise, I like the player. 

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

Stingley's stock is rising and is now -300 to go in the top 10 according to DraftKings. Carolina is rumored to not want a QB at #6 and that will kind of screw us because another player won't drop. 

Don't think it will screw us.

If Willis is sitting their at pick #11, the trade offers are going to be crazy for us.

• Like 1

For those of you anti-Hamilton, what's the difference between your main gripes being his poor 40 time and drills at the combine, but against Jamin Davis for his rise because of the combine? Does the combine matter much or does it not?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

And? 

By no means am I comparing the two on the field, just the metrics are very similar and Sean Taylor was one of the best free roaming Safeties in his time. I think a CB or S is needed based on the quality of depth, cost of he position, and where the Commanders need help the most. 

THe S's in this class have a severe drop off in which 2 might go in the first round. Considering our starting S's and depth at S, it seems it would solve a lot of issues. 

9 hours ago, mar29020 said:

i dont care about defense, we have taken defense until we are blue in the face. WE NEED A WR. We need to score some point and we cannot roll into next season with the same cast. What happens if terry is hurt? Who will we depend on?

To an extent I agree, but do you think that Drake London is the best option available? I really believe he has a 4.7 40 speed. 

This is my situational argument:

1. If the draft falls with Willis at 11, and the Steelers come calling or the Saints come calling, and the Commanders pull the trigger, I would be looking to take Zion Johnson with the first round pick to solidify that RG position. I know that I would get a lot of hate for that, but I don't like the RG position with the weakness it has. 

2. If no trade occurs and either Hamilton, Gardner, or Stingley are on the board, I would go with anyone of those in that order. Now I agree that we need a WR, but do we need one that cannot get seperation, is stiff in and out of cuts, uses his height for his production, provides a large target radius, but can't outrun a defensive lineman? There are plenty of WR's in this draft who are similar to London but are quicker and smoother. 

3. Say the Jets take London at 10 overall? Then what? 

And to answer your question, if Terry gets hurt, well I would hope that we have another WR like him that can provide the same kind of production. Is that London?

13 hours ago, taylor made said:

They are in love with Charles Cross. Big hole at LT. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya they will probably take a OT.  Which will mean Cross won't be there for Seattle to draft.  Which means Stingley's probably not making it past 9.  I will throw out there that in 12 drafts together GM Schneider and HC Carroll have never drafted a CB before the 3rd round.  I could see the Vikings leapfrogging us to get Stingley though. 

Dont be surprised to see Seattle take Jermaine Johnson II, EDGE, Florida State.