Rams beat down Texans

amazingandre

I've pretty much checked out this season. I doubt we win another game this season. I'm hoping there are multiple changes across the organization, but not holding my breath.

I'll start paying attention once pick 65 is on the clock.

1 minute ago, jch1911 said:

Possibly.. but IIRC Savage was OB1's pick (hand chosen & hand worked out, etc.)

I think he knows how limited Savage is, and I think there's a FA QB out there that he wants...but can't get.

I don't even put this on Savage.  Breno Giacomini & XSF have absolutely no business on NFL rosters.  Rick Smith intentionally fielded a team featuring a Jets failed backup RT on one side and last years worst RT in the league at LT.  Returned the two worst starting guard tandem in the NFL a second straight season.  Caused Pro Bowl LT to hold out over 2018 guarantee he unequivocally should have paid without a second thought with mountains a cap space, then traded him when we looked like we might be making a serious playoff run.  Resign FB that is not even in playbook anymore, but fail to address critical blocking role at TE position by carrying 1 TE and a glorified slot receiver.  If you wanted to sabotage the Head Coach you want fired, this is how you do it. 

See also throwing away a Pro Bowl CB then running 15 secondary members through a roster, but none of them at obviously ignored safety position that will now have cost us 4 games and counting.  Cut experienced QB safety net in Weeden for no reason.  At this point, I'm convinced it's not ignorance from Rick Smith, but an absolutely calculated move to either run O'Brien out of town or get him fired.  O'Brien has played his part too, but it is an absolute crime that this man's sabotage is not the lead story with every loss directly attributable to roster holes that were obvious in January then actively made worse by the GM.

1 minute ago, Apollo Stallion said:

I don't even put this on Savage.  Breno Giacomini & XSF have absolutely no business on NFL rosters.  Rick Smith intentionally fielded a team featuring a Jets failed backup RT on one side and last years worst RT in the league at LT.  Returned the two worst starting guard tandem in the NFL a second straight season.  Caused Pro Bowl LT to hold out over 2018 guarantee he unequivocally should have paid without a second thought with mountains a cap space, then traded him when we looked like we might be making a serious playoff run.  Resign FB that is not even in playbook anymore, but fail to address critical blocking role at TE position by carrying 1 TE and a glorified slot receiver.  If you wanted to sabotage the Head Coach you want fired, this is how you do it. 

See also throwing away a Pro Bowl CB then running 15 secondary members through a roster, but none of them at obviously ignored safety position that will now have cost us 4 games and counting.  Cut experienced QB safety net in Weeden for no reason.  At this point, I'm convinced it's not ignorance from Rick Smith, but an absolutely calculated move to either run O'Brien out of town or get him fired.  O'Brien has played his part too, but it is an absolute crime that this man's sabotage is not the lead story with every loss directly attributable to roster holes that were obvious in January then actively made worse by the GM.

Let's talk about the theory that Smith is trying run OB out of town. What's the motive? Why would Smith want to run the HC that he handpicked out of town? I just don't buy this. I think Smith is bad at building a roster and OB isn't any better. So we have two people in charge who have no idea what they are doing with personnel. 

Archived