Rams beat down Texans

amazingandre

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I won this week basically off of Wood's huge game.  You know its bad that I was cheering for Wood's 2 touchdowns.

lol i wanted to pick him up. I have Gurley and the Rams D though and we FEASTED

burgercry.gif

I'm just going to leave this here.

Once again, PFF is quite subjective (but they seemed to have some valid points here)

TOP 5 GRADES:

CB Kevin Johnson83.0 overall grade

Andre Hal80.1 overall grade

Corey Moore80.1 overall grade

WR DeAndre Hopkins78.8 overall grade

RB Lamar Miller78.1 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

QB TOM SAVAGE29.0 OVERALL GRADE

When the Texans lost rookie sensation QB Deshaun Watson, everyone knew that this offense would struggle. This game showed just how much they’ll miss Watson for the rest of the season. Savage has the arm to make good throws, and he had some nice ones today on a couple of deep passes that were completed. But he’s just too prone to bad decisions, and those were his undoing in this one. He struggled mightily under pressure, completing just 4-of-12 for 28 yards and taking three sacks. His two interceptions were very poor decisions and he had at least three other passes that should’ve been picked off to go with his poor ball security.

WR DEANDRE HOPKINS78.8 OVERALL GRADE

All season long Hopkins has had great success for the Texans, seeing the second-most targets in the NFL and being one of the highest graded receivers. Without Watson, it was clear that Savage was going to be forcing the ball to Hopkins all day long. He was targeted 13 times and caught seven of them for 111 yards. He did have a dropped pass and had an offensive pass interference penalty, but five of his catches went for a first down and he also drew a defensive pass interference penalty.

CB KEVIN JOHNSON83.0 OVERALL GRADE

The third-year cornerback out of Wake Forest was one of the only bright spots for the Houston defense who played well in the first half but their play dropped off considerably in the second. Johnson was stout in coverage, as he was only targeted twice, allowing one catch for negative two yards. Johnson also contributed in run defense, with two stops on his way to a 87.6 grade in that department.

COREY MOORE80.1 OVERALL GRADE

On limited snaps, Corey Moore made the most of his day, recording two stops in the run game which led to an 80.0 run-defense grade, while in coverage he allowed one reception for seven yards. After seeing at least 40 defensive snaps the first three weeks, Moore has seen only 37 defensive snaps the past two weeks, perhaps he’ll work his way into the lineup the next few weeks after a solid outing against the Rams.

Part of Savage's problem is that he doesnt get far enough back on his 3 or 5 step drops. We need to run more out of the shot gun. He also locks onto a WR. 

BOB seems to think he can fix these things instead of realizing he needs to change play calls. Move him to shot gun, call some look off plays where he knows where the ball is going but doesn't lock in on the guy at the start of the play. 

Great Coaches know their players weakness and they coach around it, wannabe coaches think they can fix those weaknesses. 

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Part of Savage's problem is that he doesnt get far enough back on his 3 or 5 step drops.

I disagree. With what I saw he gets far enough back but on 3 and 5 step drops you have to throw as soon as the backfoot hits. That is what he doesn't do. That's basically been his biggest problem in every game. It is slow decision making.

Archived